Change The New Staff Rule?

ArchivesFeature requests → Change The New Staff Rule?

CLOSED

I kinda think the new staff rule is unfair, as staff that would otherwise be good won’t meet that requirement. if arhur or someone only decided to apply now, he would get rejected, depite the fact that we all know him as a good staff member. I’m requesting that you remove this requirement, if not lowering it to ~12 years. NOTE: the example was kinda bad, I know

NO NO NO NO NO GOOD LORD NO.

Almost all the staff/staff apps we’ve had from people 13 and under haven’t been particularly great. The only staff members around this age that we’ve had and not demoted are myself and Mr Retired-For-Inactivity-As-He-Is-Literally-Never-Online (Arhur). That makes just the one that actually worked out (I know how full of myself I sound oops) :/

PJ gets demoted for being 12

XD

But also Im 13 and I might join rsr community as a mod :P only thing is this shitty rule is here :/

@FullyStealth Let me Skype you, I have shit to say :P

Also, since I was already staff before the rule was implemented, I get to stay staff :D

;-; Welp, now I have several dozen years to go before being a possible mod…

I’m promoting this rule. I mean yes there probably will be a few people under 14 that are mature enough to actually make a good staff member (looks at llama) but the big majority (looks at … noone because that would be mean) will go for a mod position just for the position itself, the power and respect it brings with it and not the real intention of just helping out the server. I kind of don’t like the “applying” way anyways but instead I’d prefer going out to users and asking them if they want to help out, that way you sort out the ones just greedy for the position anyways and are left with those you trust and you think are mature enough to properly do their job. If said rule did not exist then we’d probably get run over by people who would be applying just to be able to tell their friends “Hey, I’m mod there and I can ban you if I want lolol :D:D:D” and are not actually there to help out. I applied after I got asked to do it (btw I refused several times because of a lack of time) and I did it because I was noticing that around times I am on quite often no mods were there. Meaning late in the evening from my time (Germany). Same goes with my dev app. I saw problems, I had solutions. So I offered my solutions and got a (kind of) staff member as a dev to help out the server with my knowledge and abilities. I don’t think that the under 13 year olds applying are thinking that way. Yes I know I am generalizing a lot there as I’m taking my experiences and just packing them into a text as short as possible.

On the other hand we definitly are missing out on some people.

But looking at the advantages/disadvantages of that rule must say that it is justified.

Oh, and:

I kinda think the new staff rule is unfair, as staff that would otherwise be good won’t meet that requirement.

Lemme say this:

I kinda think disallowing under aged people from driving cars is unfair, as drivers that would otherwise be good won’t meet that requirement.

I kinda think disallowing under aged from bailing out of school and going to work is unfair, as workers that would otherwise perfectly fine fit into a small mineshaft will have no chance to work in that field anymore as soon as they’re old enough because they will be too tall.

There is rules for ages at a LOT of situations. Cinemas. Bars. Guns. Cars. Yeah maybe one out of a few thousand 11 year olds might be able to handle a car properly (looks at Formula 1 drivers for example) but the big majority won’t. They’ll fail horribly. And in the worst case they can cause damage to property and health of others. Here we can neglect the health factor because it doesn’t apply but using one single wrong worldedit command you can not only crash the server and remove your own builds which you can do as tr already but delete the work of others. There’s a lot that can go wrong and the question we got to ask ourselfs is if those few that will actually make a good mod are worth the risk and effort of those who will cause damage. Just the effort of the higher amount off apps will be ridiculous as kind of everyone will just go like “Yeah what can I lose when I try it?” and just give it a shot.

And you didn’t complain to your government that you can’t be voted for president at age of 11, right? If you did that and they refused your request then you can apply same arguments here pretty much, if you did not ask yet because it is pointless then you can take the same arguments you thought of why you can’t run for president and apply them for why you can’t run as a staff member.

I hope you get my points and I was able to clarify why this rules makes sense and is promoted by the staff members.

Greetings

~Pepich~

That got deep @Pepich1851 xD but I see your points and agree.

+1 to Pep and PJ

And Pep and PJ, after knowing me for a while, judge my maturity please? If I’m still immature I’ll work on it.

==Fully’s Reply==: Thanks @PyjamaL1ama :)

@FullyStealth In honesty, pretty mature.

In my HUMBLE opinion, i must say that i dont like this rule, because (mostly) of PJ and Arhur (they are/were outstanding staff), and that there could probably be more staff.

==EDIT==: I also agree with Pep about choosing players.

Shouldn’t this be under community vote? It seems like the typical post you would see there.

==Edit by PJ: Moved to Feature Requests.==

Honestly, I agree with Pepich.

No don’t make this a community vote. Please. That’s like… Yeah no just don’t do it. It’s gonna be bad. It’s like giving the mob that is after you a pitchfork and telling them to do what they think is right -> you won’t get out alive again :P Yes I’m exaggerating a lot here but you get the idea I think ;) I stated my reasons above and just wanna react to the responses here :P

@PyjamaL1ama

That got deep @Pepich1851 xD but I see your points and agree.

Yeah I kinda overdid it there was a little too long :P

@FullyStealth

+1 to Pep and PJ

Thanks for supporting us :)

And Pep and PJ, after knowing me for a while, judge my maturity please? If I’m still immature I’ll work on it.

Nah you’re good m8 :D

Ok and now back to the actual topic.

@Stomachfoot

In my HUMBLE opinion, i must say that i dont like this rule, because (mostly) of PJ and Arhur (they are/were outstanding staff), and that there could probably be more staff.

EDIT: I also agree with Pep about choosing players.

Yeah well one (actually two) good example(s) is (are) just not enough to justify the amount of effort and risk you get to deal with when allowing staff apps to everyone. I talked about that already. The effort outrules the outcome which makes it kind of stupid to do it.

Umm… You mean the way of not having apps but instead go out to players and ask them or what? Yeah it’s just the way I was used to doing it but both ways have advantages and disadvantages, it’s fine the way it is :)

@ArhurValk

Shouldn’t this be under community vote? It seems like the typical post you would see there.

==Edit by PJ: Moved.==

As I stated before: No it should not. It should rather be suggested by a user and the discussed by staff, not by the community. The community is really biased on that as I think most people are under 14 and want to get said position of power, therefor will just say “remove that rule!” without respecting said points I mentioned in my original post just for the sake of changing something and to be able to maybe eventually get mod before they reach the age staff defined as being a reasonable one in terms of maturity and capability of making “unbiased”, fair and reasoned/justified decisions in terms of not only moderating chat (which is done by tr anways :P) but as well as punishing members by excluding them from the community for either certain timespans or forever. Sometimes there is just the need for a leading team as the mob itself would choose wrong because they can’t see the vital points to the topic. That’s how humans work, no need to be ashamed of that and no need to neglect it. That’s human brains in action right there :P

Llama noooo y u do dis? :(

Greetings

~Pepich~

@Pepich1851 I realised straight away after reading your post that it would not go well at all. :P
XD I must say though . . . I like the rule as is (maybe because I’m not that “meture” [as Doomblah calls me]), but there are some people out there that are cough cough PJ
Not trying to necropost here but is it possible to judge peoples through their maturity instead of their age?

If you read what I wrote you would have stumbled across some kind of “geberalizing, maturity comws with age. It’s a lot easier to judge age than matzrity, additionally the amount of applications would skyrocket if we removed the rule, but the amount of actually good apps would not go up. More effort, no outcome.”

Pretty much answers your question already :P

Greetings

~Pepich~

Seems right Pepsi xd

Oh also did you just mistyped in ur reply? X.x

After seeing these replies i think we should not change anything cx

Marked as closed Also I love how pepe’s replies are often longer than the post itself, lel