/set furnace bug

ArchivesProblems & bugs → /set furnace bug

SOLVED

Recently, I used a furnace in one of my builds. I saw that the default item was cyan wool and thought “Lets change it to a diamond”, mainly because I always use diamonds in my hoppers, furnaces, etc. So I grabbed a diamond, held it, and did /set furnace. The server replied with “Set itemstack in slot 0 to item in hand”. However, when I placed the furnace, the item was still cyan wool. I tried moving the diamond to different slots in my hotbar, but it didn’t work, yet it still returned the “Set itemstack in slot 0 to item in hand” message. Then I decided to try a different item. So I grabbed some redstone, and did /set furnace. When I placed the furnace, it still didn’t work! Then I tried holding nothing and doing /set furnace to set the item to air. I still got the success message, but the item was still cyan wool. I also did /set furnace 1 while holding a diamond, and when I placed a furnace, it worked, with a diamond in the fuel slot.

Basically, it seems that doing /set furnace to set the item in the cooking slot of a furnace to a different item doesn’t work.

Same problem with droppers and similar is existant, noone knows why it exists and noone knows how to fix it without deleting the entire database for it. Which is not really a viable option. I’ll give it a shot again later as I’m having the same problem with droppers and 33 quartz in the first slot but I can’t guarantee success as last time I tried it I couldn’t find the cause of it either…

Greetings

~Pepich~

Custom (blockplacemods.py)
has someone fixed this because i am having no errors?

Umm did you even like read the description? It is a rare bug occuring sporadically on different players randomly. I’m stuck with 33 quartz in my first dropper slot and simply can not get rid of them. If this bug was fixed it would have been marked as solved already therefor it obviously is not fixed yet.

GL reproducing it anyways. I’d try doing code analysis with the description you got there as the chances of it happening to you are neglectible…

Greetings

~Pepich~

PS: Yes. I chose a bug that is almost impossible to reproduce for a reason. I want to see you doing code analysis and not trying around till it doesn’t happen anymore :P