The new alias...

ArchivesFeature requests → The new alias...

SOLVED

Sooo… This isn’t really a request but a kind of community vote, but it’s also about a new feature so I just put it here :P

As a few of you might know already: I’m working on a complete remake of /alias right now. Thanks to @Curs3d for the original version of it but sadly it had some severe issues which led to shutting it down for now, but as it really was a nice and awesome feature I guess everyone wants it back, right? Ok. But now there’s a few things about it :P

1. Shall I add a general “toggle” command to it so that you can just shut down alias without actually removing all aliases? And a “toggle ” so you can turn them off individually without removing them so that long aliases don’t need to be retyped?

2. If you guys want me to I can make /alias inject into /msg, /cg and similar stuff too. Yes or no? -> [Sidenote]: If 1 and 2 will be answered with yes you will be able to /alias toggle message, /alias toggle chat and so on :)

3. General message limit in chat. Default in minecraft is 100. I don’t want to cut it off at 100 because if you have an alias in something by accident it would ruin the whole message, instead I’d increase the limit to something around 110-120. Any suggestions on values and if so please don’t just put a number but instead actually reason why that limit is good. And stuff like “9000” will be… yeah no thanks. I’m serious about this :P -> [Sidenote]: If you really just spam ridiculous values I’ll just set it to 100. Period. I’m serious.

4. Default aliases. I can add global default aliases (toggleable ofc) like “./” -> “/” to make life easier in general. If you have any suggestions for those or reasons why it should NOT be done just tell me please.

Additionally (before asking my last question) I wanna tell you about the features of it to hype you a little and then tell you it’s not gonna happen so you’ll be sad and then just even more happy when it actually does come :P

The main feature of course is aliasing words with others for auto replacement and faster typing. Like alias welc -> whalecum! to be faster when greeting new people. But… It can do more!

The new alias will support colors when you have the sufficient permissions to use them. Want a word colored always? “magic” -> “&5magic” will now work!

Want certain words to only be replaced on exact match and not contained match? I will add that too. No longer relocationing rlogic gate ANDom stuff in the middle of wlogic gate ORds if you don’t want it to happen!

No more spammyness. It will efficiently and securely catch spammy messages and sort them out while providing you with an easy option to send a message where all alises are ignored. Hover over the text you got back and click it. Boom, no alias message send.

If you guys want it: /msg and /cg support. It’ll inject messages and chatgroup messages to support alias too. Maybe I’ll add “global” and “message/cg” aliases so it will only use them in the corresponding section. Dunno about that tho as it would be additional work and I’m not sure if you’d like it. Just tell me plaese ;)

Really not quite done yet (not even started but pshh): Command support! Chain commands! Alias commands! Use variables! MAKE MORE AWESOMENESS! Annoyed by //move 1 moving the contents but not the selection? Do this: /calias //move $1 +//move $1, then /calias //move $1 +//shift $1. It will detect $1 as variable number 1, grab it from your command and store it. Then it will first run //move $1 by replacing the variable again and after that run //shift $1 where it also replaces the variable. No longer frustration by selection not moving required, it’ll just do it properly! And don’t worry about aliasing //move with //move, it will detect that and execute the correct command instead, or, if that’s too much work to do just tell you that you can’t call it //move because you’re using it. That’s still up to discuss :P

But now back to my questions:

5 . Do you have any other ideas that would belong into the plugin? If yes, feel free to tell me! Discuss them! Discuss what the dev team came up with so far! And now go, spread the news and get as many people to leave their opinion here as possible*!

==Fuck you too formatting :) I love you so much but NO I DON’T! o.O==

Greetings

~Pepich~

*Pepich is not responsible to any harm caused by joining the conversation. You do this at your own risk. Enjoy your stay, and when you leave we’re looking forward to see you again soon™!

As long as this doesn’t crash the server or anything like that… I’m ==fine== with this!

“Cause Curs3d knows how to code…” -Nemes 2015

Anyways, does this alias affects msg and cg?

changed to be less spammy :)

Guys please I don’t want this to turn into a spammy thread… If you could actually stick to writing productive stuff here that would be nice!

Fully, that’s the question :P

If you guys want me to I can make /alias inject into /msg, /cg and similar stuff too. Yes or no? -> [Sidenote]: If 1 and 2 will be answered with yes you will be able to /alias toggle message, /alias toggle chat and so on :)

Greetings

~Pepich~

1: yes. 2: no, no, no. 3: no. 4: no. 5: none

I can’t take you seriously anymore, Pep, I think we both know that.

1. Gudgud
  2. Any reasons for why not to make it be able to go into messages as well? I mean you could just toggle it off, right?
  3. No = No limit or limit = 100? Latter one I feel like will prevent a lot of aliases to be actually used and it’ll be annoying, and no limit = rip server. We had that already, server got crashed due to it at least once.
  4. Ok, can understand that. It has support for it because I needed it to be able to deal with new guys anyways yet it’s empty and of course you would be able to just delete them.
  5. Ok

Umm dafuq why that? Just because I decided that I don’t want to add someone to my skype who then proceeded to spam friend requests and whom I then proceeded to block so that I don’t get any more friend requests? Is it that? Or is there something I don’t know about?

Greetings

~Pepich~

chat limit definitely at 100

Please command support

Love it all. Command support would be very helpful.
I really think this is a cool feature but once again I don’t see it being really that useful. I wouldn’t use it at all myself, I’ll just continue to do things the way I’m used to and I have no problem with that whatsoever.