TNT allowance in a cube with unbreakable faces

ArchivesFeature requests → TNT allowance in a cube with unbreakable faces

CLOSED

I want a feature/plugin that will allow TNT to explode if the PrimedTNT entity is in a cube, with full and complete sides that are composed of blocks that cannot be destroyed with normal explosions.

This will be extremely beneficial for people who want to test weaponry (including slimeblock weapons and TNT cannons). In addition, this would be safe for any neighboring plots, or any neighboring builds, because of the unbreakable faces.

The sides can be decorated in the interior and exterior of the cube, while keeping the unbreakable blocks. As for access, one could create a passageway leading into the cube, and in creative mode, break the sides, and when inside, replace the broken blocks. The passageway is for preventing light updates from overloading the server (I’ve had that experience when I had a large underground room in my plot).

Good idea why not if its possible sorry Nemes xD

oo wait… shit…

Server overload can still come by just having TNT exploding in it. I mean, you could have a very large cube having the unbreakable faces, and have a shitton of dispensers dispense TNT… and den… you guessed it

server crash

I’m not sure if that’s true, however. Maybe overload only comes from having TNT destroying blocks.

linny goes to test in singleplayer world

IT LAGS

Maybe, in the Spigot configuration file, the maximum TNT per tick could be set to something extremely low; for example, setting it to 50.

@Dico200, what do you think?
I think this would be a cool feature however likely CPU intensive as well as hard to code, and I don’t believe a load of people would use it.
Well, it would be extremely useful to the people who do use it. And again, it shouldn’t be CPU intensive with the Spigot max TNT per tick setting… @Dico200
It’s not the TNT but the plugin that could be intensive on the CPU
Well… it could be intensive, because the plugin is checking for a specific region that matches all criteria in the whole world every tick. Perhaps, the plugin could only activate a cube if one has selected the cube with WorldEdit and executed a command; this only sets a state of something once, and not checking it constantly.
The command could be something like “/togglecube”, which to my knowledge, doesn’t interfere with any current commands.
Would that cause the CPU intensity to go down, @Dico200? Forgive me if I’m annoying you with my mentioning of you in this discussion.

@TheWildDefender what

about

you

put

that

into

one

message?

Additionally it would be nice if you left the actual coding side to the devs as your suggestions always are… Well impractical:

Check every tick if a creeper explodes, and if so turn off mob griefing for that tick and then back on

Yeah… Same goes here again. The server would still have to check every tick if the box is intact. Additionally a one thick unbreakable border just won’t do it. Ever tried putting a few thousand TNT minecarts into a 3x3x3 obsidian cube and blowing them up? RIP surrounding area. and RIP server as well. And the border can only be bedrock or barriers as obsidian is breakable using TNT minecarts. Actually bedrock is too but only with minecarts summoned by commands.

I see the effort and the lag that will be caused by such a plugin are not worth the output by any means. The output would be people griefing paths using TNT again, if they are smart they might even go and manage to grief others plots and so on and so on… Not really what I’d want so a now from me.

Greetings

~Pepich~

thread closed because I now have a better way of testing my shit and because this is not going to work