Private Player-to-Staff Communication Subforum

ArchivesWebsite feature requests → Private Player-to-Staff Communication Subforum

SOLVED

I request for the implementation of a subforum that will allow only staff members (excluding MIT’s) and the poster to read and write to threads. This forum will be ideally a “write-only” forum (for example, the staff applications subforum).

This will bring advantages, because this can be more convenient to players that want to privately communicate with staff, because it does not require the starting of the Minecraft client at all. In addition, this can be viewed by a broader range of staff members much more conveniently; if ingame, to ensure a broad audience of staff, you would ideally use the “/mail” command in Essentials to one-by-one send the same mail message to different staff.

So you mean that, it works the same as the applications and the exploitable bugs forum, but just for different reasons?

+1 from me, because there’s no forum that only you and staff van see other then the two we have now. And there are other important things that aren’t exploitable bugs or applications.

So basically you mean a sub-forum that is used to other important stuff that you only wants staff to see? If that’s the case, can I get some examples why this is needed?

I still think it is a nice idea, but I just want to get a few examples before I actually say if it is a great idea and it is something we need right away, or if it is something we can wait with :P

This can be used for telling staff that you want to have a surprise for the server that requires staff permissions, for example. Or, if you were to be sexually harassed (or with any emotional harm) on the server, and you only want to confide with staff, then you could use this subforum.
BTW I have not been sexually harassed on this server. I just remember talking about sexual harassment in my school.

@TheWildDefender Personally I have no issue with /mail .

this should be closed tbh

It isn’t hard ro add and I think it is å goid idea so I feel like we should implement it
Bút whý, @Fùtšý ?
For the resons that @TheWildDefender and @ATastyCookie (that you can’t see) stated Basically for stuff that players don’t want everyone to know about, but feel like they need to tell staff so they can do something with it and doesn’t belong in the explotable bugs or staffapplication forum
I agree w/ @Futsy , this should be added beacuse of the above reasons.
@Fütšÿ @pšrçëk jüšt ûšê /màìl ìn gâmë

@Nyxeon There’s a character limit which can get in the way of writing significantly.

Also, +1 to this idea as I have been provided with a reason for its use.

@PyjamaL1ama fine deep sigh +1

Bump

+1 from me