Runes plugin for survival?

RedstonerCommunity vote → Runes plugin for survival?

CLOSED

So I’ve been thinking… Vanilla survival Minecraft is pretty boring after a while. I was thinking that I could write a plugin to spice it up a bit!

There are two options here. Either we could add this plugin to an existing survival world, or make a new survival world including this plugin. A large part of this plugin would focus around PVP and such, but I’ll let you guys vote on that and list some features this plugin would have.

This plugin would include an intuitive magic system, rune crafting, many runes to craft, and magic weapons which can be infused with runes.

Runes:

Endurance Rune The cheapest rune, the Endurance Rune will have a chance of making your food bar not decrease every time you are about to lose a point on your food bar. The chance would be 20% at level 1, 30% at level 2, and 40% at level 3.

Arcane Rune Increases your mana cap and makes your mana regenerate faster (Mana is used for spellcasting and arcane crafting). Higher levels of this rune grant you a higher mana cap and faster regeneration.

Chaos Rune A rather expensive rune, the chaos rune will give you a chance to cast any spell multiple times when you cast a spell. The chance would be 30% at level 1, 40% at level 2, and 50% at level 3. You can cast a spell up to 3 times with one cast, but the spell will become less potent each time.

Wind Rune This rune will give you speed and jump boost 1 at level 1, 2 at level 2, and 3 at level 3.

Winter Rune This rune will freeze water under you in a 1x1 radius at level 1, a 3x3 radius at level 2, and solidify lava into obsidian in a 3x3 radius under you at level 3.

Guardian Rune This rune will be consumable and grant you an invisible health bonus which will quickly regenerate. It is not upgradeable.

Ember Rune This rune will make any damage dealt by you apply fire, regardless of whether it’s a punch or a sword.

Bloodlust Rune Grants you 10% lifesteal at level 1, 20% at level 2, and 30% at level 3.

Air Rune This rune will allow you to double jump, giving you more velocity at higher levels.

Sky Rune This rune, crafted with a level 3 Air Rune, will allow you to fly for a certain duration. At level 1, it is 2 seconds. At level 2, 4 seconds, At level 3, 5 seconds.

Each rune will have a crafting recipe, and some runes will take other runes to craft.

There will also be castable spells, each of which can be bound to a wand, which has a special crafting recipe..

Flameburst Launches fire projectiles rapidly, setting anything in the way on fire. 0.2 second cooldown.

Blast Pushes away everything near you. 10 second cooldown.

Fury Enhances your damage for 5 seconds. 20 second cooldown.

Bomb Launches an item projectile which ecplodes on impact. 3 second cooldown.

Desolate An ultimate spell (Very expensive to craft and costs a lot of mana), encases you and any nearby enemies in a cage and remains there until one of you dies, there is only one entity in the cage, or 30 seconds pass.

Note that due to some of the runes, there would be no vanilla enchanting.

+1 I think it’s a great idea :D
Great plugin and great for the redstoner /sv in my opinion :D
Do you guys want this in a new world or in the current one? It’s focused a lot around PVP, and there would be no enchanting items, I forgot to put that in the original post. I’ll do that now.
A new one for sure

It would have to be in a new world as some like to play vanilla.

Winter lv3 water freeze size? Hemisphere or cubeoid?

Blast size?

Fury enhancement size?

Bomb size?

Cubeoid

Blast size would most likely be 5 block radius

Fury = +2 damage per hit

Bomb = 2 block radius

Whats the size of the winter rune lv3 though?
3x3 radius underneath you, cuboid. The difference between level 2 and 3 is that level 3 freezes lava.
Hell yea. Just a separate world. It probably wouldn’t be super hard. Maybe if we/I/anyone have time and no other projects, then yea.
I don’t really care, unfortunately so -1 because… because don’t like concept

No.

[EDIT]: Nuff' said!