Another blames thread. Read for more info

ArchivesWebsite feature requests → Another blames thread. Read for more info

CLOSED

Ok so my idea is simple, another Write Only thread (User-Staff) for anonymous blames. Sometimes I find my self not happy all the others seeing the thread.
This could be a part of the private player to staff thing @TheWildDefender posted.
Fuck no, use mail ingame -1

@Nyxis can you please say something more in detail why you don’t think this is a good idea?

instead of just saying:

Fuck no, use mail ingame -1

I think players have a right to know that their actions are being discussed and to defend themselves. If you do want to privately report someone, there are other ways to do so (which I know you know about because you bug me on Skype even when I’m offline @IDontRedstone).

@IDontRedstone Look, I know this is you not wanting me to destroy and debunk your blame of me in less than a thousand words, because apparently saying moron is the most infinitely offensive thing one can say these days, but seriously, WHAT!? Like PJ said,

I think players have a right to know that their actions are being discussed and to defend themselves

(Boring legal stuff here btw) This sort of reports system would be a violation of human rights article 14, which disallows discrimination of any kind. In this case, you would be discriminating against the blamed, as they would be unable to defend themselves in any manner. Alongside this idea being a violation of article 14, it is also a violation of article 10, which PJ pointed out to me via skype. This means that everyone is entitled in full equality to a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal, in the determination of his rights and obligations and of any criminal charge against him.

In other words, -∞, as it would be against the law for this kind of reports system to exist. Same in court, the accused is allowed to defend themselves before the final decision is made, after the jury have heard both (or potentially more) sides of the story.

Seriously, how much reasearch did you two do .. @PyjamaL1ama @Barrygold

Back to topic, @IDontRedstone , having other peoples blames available for them to look at has a purpose: The person who is being blames can see what he/she has done wrong, making them less likely to do it again.

@FullyStealth I did no research personally, not sure about PJ, however I’m quite sure that chances are he did none or close to as well.

(Boring legal stuff here btw) This sort of reports system would be a violation of human rights article 14, which disallows discrimination of any kind. In this case, you would be discriminating against the blamed, as they would be unable to defend themselves in any manner. Alongside this idea being a violation of article 14, it is also a violation of article 10, which PJ pointed out to me via skype. This means that everyone is entitled in full equality to a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal, in the determination of his rights and obligations and of any criminal charge against him.

In other words, -∞, as it would be against the law for this kind of reports system to exist. Same in court, the accused is allowed to defend themselves before the final decision is made, after the jury have heard both (or potentially more) sides of the story.

It would not break any kinds of laws:

About Article 14:

You are not humiliating someone if you discuss the mistakes of someone without them hearing any of what you’re saying. Tell me how companies would run if they were unable to discuss what to do with an employee without him being there as well? They would not be able to. Therefor this seriously will not be a legal issue.

About Article 10:

We’re not doing any kind of criminal charge. We are NOT the legal system. This is NOT what we need to comply to. We are a closed environment. We can make our own rules. If that was not the case you could go and take down EVERY minecraft server ever because they’re censoring something and therefor are violating the right of free speech. Yes. We’re not tolerating chinese in chat. We are effectively breaking the right of free speech. Are you going to discuss this any further now or accept that an enclosed system is in some parts uncoupled from the laws as to allow them to act independently?

Greetings

~Pepich~

This has gone really off topic, hasn’t it? ._.
@Pepich1851 I was applying the logic to if something like this were to be a thing in real life.

In other words, -∞, as it would be against the law for this kind of reports system to exist.

No, you were applying it to us.

Anyways, the biggest part seems to dislike this so I’ll close it.

closed and locked due to excessive offtopic

Greetings

~Pepich~

This thread is locked.