Website randomly goes down for a few minutes?

ArchivesWebsite problems & bugs → Website randomly goes down for a few minutes?

CLOSED

I’m kind of new, is this something that is supposed to happen?

[Edit by pep]: Marked as closed

Are you sure its not your internet that goes down?
@Doomblah i was able to go on all other websites on my phone and laptop. But when I tried to go on restoner it gave an error.

@Doomblah read slack :)

@minecraftguyX2 here’s some facts about what happened:

Tracepath (ran from redstoner by jomo):

tracepath 0.0.0.0 1?: [LOCALHOST] pmtu 1500 1: static.0.0.0.0.clients.your-server.de 0.429ms 1: static.0.0.0.0.clients.your-server.de 0.432ms 2: 0.0.0.0 0.355ms 3: core4.hetzner.de 5.021ms 4: no reply 5: no reply 6: no reply 7: no reply

Aka it got stuck somewhere in the internals of hetzner.

Ping from me towards redstoner:

PING redstoner.com (0.0.0.0): 56 data bytes 64 bytes from 0.0.0.0: icmp_seq=0 ttl=54 time=60.231 ms 64 bytes from 0.0.0.0: icmp_seq=1 ttl=54 time=20.895 ms Request timeout for icmp_seq 2 64 bytes from 0.0.0.0: icmp_seq=3 ttl=54 time=549.881 ms 64 bytes from 0.0.0.0: icmp_seq=4 ttl=54 time=570.772 ms

Aka something went really wrong there.

We’re guessing it was Hetzner (the company we host at) fucking up requests coming from EU but as other websites were down as well apparently it might have been something bigger. Or they were all just hosted by Hetzner and Hetzner had a really really big fuckup there.

Anyways if there’s downtime it’s not nessecary to instantly go and post something about it on the forums, feel free to use our slack to contact us about stuff like that (you can join using the button at the end of the page that shows up when you’re logged in) or our twitter.

If both the server AND the website are down please try to ping the server using “ping redstoner.com” in your commandline/console/terminal of your choice. If it tells you that it can’t reach the server then the server is down and you’ll probably have to sit it out yet again I refer to twitter as we’re usually posting updates there when something goes really wrong. If it does reach it is probably just a little burp of the internet meaning you can wait a minute and then try again, usually it fixes itself really quick (well the tech guys behind the magical™ curtains of the webz).

If you got any further questions feel tree to jump into teamspeak with me (the ts ip is just “redstoner.com”) or contact me or other staff on slack.

Greetings

~Pepich~