Please kill me now :(

Off topicOther → Please kill me now :(

SOLVED

every time I try to join redstoner(or any other server) on my computer it sends me the error: Failed to connect to the server Failed to login: the authentication servers are currently down for maintenance. I have checked and the servers are not down. I tried changing my DNS to 0.0.0.0, that didn’t work. also, I can go on servers on my other computer just fine, but my main one it keeps giving me that fucking message! (btw my other computer is really old and laggy af so I don’t want to use it)

I think my computer overheated. left it for an hour now it works. thanks anyway!

edit: -.- it worked for a minute then it abrupted and said :the connection was aborted by the software host in your machine. then, every time I try to log on it says timed out after 30 seconds of being on the server but not being able to do anything.

I fixed it. It turns out I had two antiviruses interfering with each other.
still having problems ;n;
@LogalCoder SAYS THE ONE WITH A MAC
ok I’m pretty sure this problem is caused by overheating because when I leave it for a few hours it works. I think a fan stopped properly working or something.
FUCK I still have problems even if I leave it to cool down ;n; ;n; ;n;
@MadCloud101 Wait, is it a laptop? Turn it off and clean it out.
its not a laptop. I restarted my internet and now it works, so its probs overheating of my computer, just right now internet derped. So probably in three hours my computer won’t work
well fuck that I still have problems and my computer definetly hasn’t overheated yet ;n;
@LogalCoder if this is what you mean by setup, then I use windows 7. also, dunno if it’s gonna help but I’m getting a new IPS and restarting windows this weekend
Try starting with a fresh .minecraft
How would you do that exactly? @minenash
update: it now either says java connection timed out or authentication servers or timed out or the connection was aborted by the software host in your machine
You do it by, in the search bar, putting %appdata% then go to roaming then rename the .Minecraft to anything else. Then just start your launcher up. To copy over worlds copy the folder ‘saves’ from the old .Minecraft to the new on. I will not guarantee this will work, but it’s a try.
@minenash thank you! it worked but usually I fix it then it stops working so imma wait a bit before putting this as solved.
@LogalCoder is there a way I could check if anything is interfearing with my internet connection? I can connect to servers on my other shitty computer. btw minenash your method didn’t work :P. but why did it work before and now it stops working?
I’ve definitely found the problem now. Apparently two of ,y computers have the same IP address? If I just turn off one computer the other one works fine.
What a mess this thread is.
@PyjamaL1ama MAC IS LOVE DONT SAY ANYTHING BAS ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!