CookieDeLeScrub

RedstonerAppeals → CookieDeLeScrub

SOLVED

Type of ban / demotion

30 day tempban

Ban/Demotion reason

rule 21

What I have done wrong

I have changed my InGameName to: CookieDeLeScrub, and when I got to my PC I got skype messages that I was banned, so I decided to take a look at it, and I found out that I was banned for my name change.

Why I should be unbanned / re-promoted

I honestly don’t understand why I got banned in the first place, I didn’t change my name to annoy someone or prevent them from having a nickname. And I didn’t expect to be banned either since I’m not the only one who changed their name to something with “-DeLeScrub” Jonny and Burger and K0ala have both done the same thing and they didn’t get punished, and I did, which seems very unfair to me. And that’s why I’m posting an appeal, because I think this ban is not justified.

-Cookie

Jonny and Burger

And also K0ala

I’m not the only one who changed their name to something with “-DeLeScrub”

How does ‘not being the only one’ relate to ‘not getting banned’? For me it just relates to ‘Im not the only one who is dumb enough to follow the band wagon’

they didn’t get punished

I did kinda yell at K0ala and Burger in-game, they now understand why and can probably explain it better than me

If you still feel it’s out of place, just look back at what we’ve had in the past, Jeg<number>, Nyx<some ending> and of course A<something>Gamer_, In the Jeg<number> case we have banned people already as a sign of warning to the others but apparently it’s not quite enough…

you weren’t on the server but @nemes said that the next person that changes their name to -delescrub will be banned for 30 days. I think this ban isn’t fair because you weren’t on the server at the time, so you couldn’t have known about the annoyance of the staff about names with -delescrub

edit:I changed my mind, this ban also falls under this guideline:Also refrain from organized uniform nickname changes (Ex: Creating a group in which users must have ‘Lol’ in their name or nickname)

@MadCloud101 can you tell me where that sentence is from? I didn’t remember seeing that.

And, @Nemes, you can yell at me in chat if you want, but yelling at someone in chat is very different to banning someone, how could I have known that you have yelled at them for that?

@CookieDeLeScrub The sentence is Rule. 8 in the Nickname Guidelines. A cat is on my desk, on the shift button

I see Hard, but I think this should be on the rules page and not in the nickname guidelines page.

Also, @Nemes , you said that several people have been getting banned for these names, can you give me some examples of that?

@Nemes

If you “Kinda” yelled at K0ala and Burger, then why did you not “Kinda” yell at Cookie instead of banning him? Yelling and banning are two totally different things. It is unfair to ban one person and letting the others, who broke the same rule, leave almost entirely scot-free. Even though I may not be a mod, I think that it is only just to either ban all of them or un-ban Cookie.

@Archangelus21 Two things here, I did not ban Cookie, I don’t know who did and K0ala was the third one to do it, then we agreed that anything more is too much. The case of cookie not being informed is not my problem.

As of what I’ve heard on skype and TS PJ banned me.

But I don’t understand how this is not your problem @Nemes because you are staff after all, and you deal with these appeals. The case of me not being informed is something different, I could not have known that, and banning me for something I wasn’t informed about sounds very unfair. This could be sorted out better then just instantly banning me. If I had known that I would get banned if I did this, I would not have done it.

cookie you were informed: 1.previous bans from naming yourselves like someone else(e.g. jeg) 2.Also refrain from organized uniform nickname changes (Ex: Creating a group in which users must have ‘Lol’ in their name or nickname) 3.have you not noticed staff(like PJ) getting annoyed by these IGNs?

Creating a group in which users must have ‘Lol’ in their name or nickname

That’s not actually in the rules, which it should because I was unaware of that, also, I’ve never seen anyone get banned for this reason, and I’ve noticed some disagreements between Jonny and PJ about his new name, but not about the fact that it was a bannable offense.

@Nemes @CookieDeLeScrub

As Neems said, I think me and @BurgerDeLeScrub can explain what happened there.

All started when @PyjamaL1ama said to burger something about his name, then I thought to myself that I remember that Burger changed my name after I changed my name back to K0alaCraft. I came to account.mojang.com to see if I can change my name and I could. I asked at chat what name should I change to, Burger said K0alaDeLeScrub, I changed to that name and pj got mad at me (Sorry Pj :>) then Nemes yelled at us and said that the next person who changes to that ending, will be banned and all of us will be as well. Then we agreed that only the person who changed to that name will get banned.

@Nemes, I vote for unban and to add this to the rules before anyone else does it.

Best regards, K0ala

How can you agree for only one person to get banned? All of the people with these names have done the same, but I get banned and you guys didn’t.

Me and k0ala got screamed at, tbh you could call it “the last breaths of nemes” but we had it like this: Jonny and k0ala both have a nickname now so they dont get seen as jannudelescrub and k0aladelescrub. its only me with that name atm! nemes was fine with that. some1 stated that he wanted to make a thread about this this would include that if you did this name u would get insta banned for 30 days. but meh some ppl said that ppl would do the name then. my point is:

Kinda unfair but idk i just said random stuff… yay

and @CookieDeLeScrub u got banned cuz u was the next 1 to do that name
@CookieDeLeScrub This rule was made after I’ve changed my name. This rule can’t be applied to us since we didn’t break a rule until then.
@BurgerDeLeScrub I was the one who wanted to make this thread

This wasn’t in the rules either when I did it.

This is rule 21: Changing your name to annoy someone else or prevent them from using nicknames, it will result in a 30 day tempban or a tempban until the name change is reverted.

I did not break this rule by this name change.

@CookieDeLeScrub I am still not sure if you should be getting unbanned or not . At one side there was a rule that Nemes said At the other side it wasn’t written somewhere..

Okay, after this I say we unban Cookie and leave this here as a fair warning for the future.

==Unbanned, Solved==

Thanks, I’ll accept having a nickname and I’ll not do it again.
can some1 just make a fucking thread of this already
@Hardfg5000 You may want to put the title you want to give the link in [] and then put the link in ()