Kqli

RedstonerAppeals → Kqli

CLOSED

TL;DR version: I got tembanned for something I completely disagree with, and I’m calling out KP in the appeal for him being a shit mod in general. Ty to @bluewalljumper for suggesting the TLDR bit. <3

If you are wondering why I’m making an appeal for a 4 day (I think) ban, read until the end.

#DISCLAIMER: Pyj is okay with me putting skype chats here, he said so here:

Skype logs A-OK proof

Epilogue: I come on and chat with some members of the community about @Hitl3rIsMyHero69 ’s condition and why I think he shouldn’t be unbanned. (Stupidly falling for a scam, etc etc.) then, KP just flat out unbans him without question and I have a go at him and try to explain why he’s banned. By the time I’m doing this, Curly’s already back on and (Falsely) claiming that he got “hacked” and KP instantly disregarded what I was saying and believed what Curly was saying (despite KP not checking and curly being incorrect). A bit later after a game of CTF on mineplex with some friends, I come back to see if KP wants to actually listen to me now to find I’m tempbanned

Type of ban / demotion

It’s like… a 4 day tempban? Idk.

Ban/Demotion reason

ban message

What I have done wrong

I got mad at KP and capsed a bit because of his stupidity? That’s literally all I’ve done for this 2 hour tempban. Really, a kick (or even like a 10 min tempban) would’ve done it.

Why I should be unbanned / re-promoted

actually cracks knuckles

Aight so, here’s a cute little “chapters” page I decided to make.

1. The ban message itself & the problems with it.
  2. A nice little rant about the rules. (which nicely follows on from chapt. 1)
  3. A question about how the ruddy hell KP is still a staff member for redstoner (not fucking kidding)

##The ban message itself & the problems with it.

Disrespect to staff

According to KP, all staff are above other players in terms of the respect they deserve. Just saying.

Disrespect

I was pointing out the problems with what he was saying, just he wasn’t really listening and just disregarding what I had to say, as if he was certain he was %1000000 correct. (He wasn’t.)

Caps

Yeah, I agree with the caps to a certain extend. I’ll discuss that in a bit.

Spam

I didn’t spam at all, frankly.

##My nice little rant about the rules. :) <Rant> K, so,

<dank memes> Let’s get right into the noose. </dank memes>

First of all, let’s cover the use of the caps rule.

ALL-CAPS IS CONSIDERED SPAM

Quotebreaker

EXCESSIVE AND UNNECESSARY caps is also considered spam

Personally, I think these two rules are a bit… to put it nicely… unfair? They’re not taking into context excitement, or anger (or other emotions). For example:

“OMG YESS I FINISHED THE SMALLEST 10X10”

Whilst this is in fact capsing, it is the player expressing an emotion, which makes the server seem a lot more lively (as, believe it or not, the person in the example just completed the smallest 10x10, so they should be allowed to caps to express their emotions.) Yeah, a simple “Yes! I completed the smallest 10x10” could be said, but it seems inhuman, forced and not really all that normal, you would be wanting to let the world know about the fact that you just completed the smallest 10x10.

Example 2: (anger)

“OMFG WHY CAN’T I COMPACT THIS”

OR:

“OMG FFS LISTEN TO ME FOR ONE MINUTE”

OR:

“ARGH I WAS 0.01 THE 3X3 UWR MY PB”

^sidenote, ^I ^use ^this ^example ^as ^there ^is ^a ^large ^cubing ^community ^on ^our ^server.

In both examples, the person is expressing *extreme anger or annoyance towards whatever the thing they’re directing their anger towards. Yet again, the chat seems more lively or human with these things (as long as it is clear it is legitimate anger / happiness, and it’s at least somewhat obvious).

</rant>

##How the ruddy hell is KP still staff?

<rant> ^(another one)

I’m just gonna start off this chapter with this conversation I had with @PyjamaL1ama around the time of me getting banned.

Chatlogs pt1 Chatlogs pt2

(His legit opinions on KP)

Aight. Les go.

In mine (and clearly Luke’s opinion, KP is generally quite incompetent. As Luke has stated, he never touches the forums or slack. He never fixes tab ever, in addition the only time me OR Luke remember him last doing his job was when he tempbanned me, and that’s basically because he felt personally attacked, or whatever. In addition to what we’ve already said about KP in this thread, he’s either always redstoning or AFK.

</rant>

##Hurrah! Appeal finished. Play nicely in the replies, now. :)

#EDIT: I remember skyping KP a while ago about some issues on redstoner at the time, he never replied nor did he come online to help, despite him being online at the time. (I know his bio says that, but he was still using that skype when I sent him the PM.)

KP: even MORE incompetence (somehow)

+1, I think Barry is right.
I I think Barry should be unbanned, for reasons listed in the appeal, about KP, I don’t know really.

If someone just completed a cool Redstone build and they feel like causing to show excitement I generally don’t call them out on it, capsing from anger is fine too but of they type like 20 messages of it I’m gonna kick them. I agree perhaps the way the rules are written now they don’t allow for this kind of stuff. Nemes and Hacker asked staff to rewrite the rules, I sent in my revision and never heard about it again.

I think KP should respond to this and say how he thinks you were acting during the debate about curly. I think at times you think your being civilized but your actually being incredibly rude, and that’s why disrespecting staff is part of the tempban.

######holy shit this is the longest un-ban me post I ever seen

Okay let me fill in some blanks, I’m not saying you are wrong just adding in some information, then we can come up with a solution.

The ban message itself & the problems with it.

Disrespect to staff

According to KP, all staff are above other players in terms of the respect they deserve. Just saying.

Respecting staff is equal to respecting any other player, the reason I specified staff was that you were trying to tell me how to do my job when I had already verified with other staff via slack that I could unban him with a few conditions. All of which have been met.

Disrespect

I was pointing out the problems with what he was saying, just he wasn’t really listening and just disregarding what I had to say, as if he was certain he was %1000000 correct. (He wasn’t.)

Once again the way that you were putting your opinion across made me fell as if you were telling me how to do my job and that you had distrust in me justifying my actions. Just as I said I talked with other staff before doing anything.

Caps

Spam

As said by you

And as you admitted above

You state in your appeal that you believe caps shouldn’t be classed as spam as it can be used to express ones feelings however much I would like to let that point be valid, many people complain about excessive caps hence, the rules/guidelines clearly state that a message shouldn’t contain all caps.

Now I’m not saying that I’ve been active on the forums or slack, however I’ve made a pledge to become more active with applications and other measures. As for the server, you say

he’s either always redstoning or AFK.

This is mostly true, however when I am not AFK I do actually do my job, which may I remind you is helping out the members on the server, handling reports, checking for causes of lag, problem solving, rollbacks, etc. Most of which You don’t see, so I have no idea how you can justify that point. I’m not saying I’m the most active staff member but I do not take kindly to being told I don’t do my job on the server.

As for the 3 day ban, I know its much but I was expecting adjustment anyway.

If someone just completed a cool Redstone build and they feel like causing to show excitement I generally don’t call them out on it, capsing from anger is fine too but of they type like 20 messages of it I’m gonna kick them. I agree perhaps the way the rules are written now they don’t allow for this kind of stuff. Nemes and Hacker asked staff to rewrite the rules, I sent in my revision and never heard about it again.

Please, read the bit I wrote about hacker in the skype logs. Will be lulz for you, and completely relates. xD

I think KP should respond to this and say how he thinks you were acting during the debate about curly

Yeah… but to no avail. Seen KP on the forums once or twice since I posted the thread, yet no reply.

I think at times you think your being civilized but your actually being incredibly rude

To be frank, I wasn’t being rude (imho) but really just telling KP that he really should’ve taken context into account: He didn’t and instead banned me, which is why I’m appealing.

holy shit this is the longest un-ban me post I ever seen

Yeah, that’s what happens when you get someone with great analytical skills to write an appeal. xD

@Kappeh

AFK.

Quotebreaker

helping out the members on the server, handling reports,checking for causes of lag,problem solving, rollbacks

And yet you do ALL of this whilst comfortably being /afk ingame. I congratulate you in your ability to complete such an impossible task.

As for the 3 day ban, I know its much but I was expecting adjustment anyway.

Then why did you ban me for 3 days? I’m confused.

I can’t really analyse what else you’ve said, as it makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

Well use your “great analytical skills” to re-read my points and if you have nothing to say regarding that, neither do I.

Well use your “great analytical skills” to re-read my points and if you have nothing to say regarding that, neither do I.

Sorry, but I can’t pick your post apart unless it is actually fucking english. Just sayin, dude.

Ok this is gonna be a REALLY REALLY long one.

Like seriously long.

(Warning, expect a long text!)

==FFS someone please give me some sort of logs. @Kappeh and @Kqli this is just a general “He did that, he did that” but no actual evidence to be seen==

Let’s go top to bottom?

Your skype thingy. That’s fun. Just you and llama casually talking bad about KP, that’s nice evidence of him actually being bad. But fine I’ll address the points you/llama made there:

1. Never fixes tab -> Yeah umm what if I told you a plugin is supposed to do it but the plugin is not installed yet so who the fuck cares?
  2. Never touches Slack or the Forums -> True. That’s changing right now though.
  3. 3 people needed fixing in tab, he didn’t do it -> Oh, did it hurt you? Can you show me a picture of the wound it left please? Did it physically prevent you from doing things on the server? (like preventing you from placing blocks or similar). No? Buuhuu so sad that you need to sort all smarties before you can click your mouse. FFS that’s not a fucking point. Not at all -.-
  4. You telling him that the server is going to shit and him not doing anything despite being displayed as online in Skype -> Ehrm WTF? I’m displayed as online 24/7 pretty much because skype for some reason doesn’t like me setting it to offline. If he sees it 4h later there’s no need to reply anymore as there is no fucking reason why KP should tell you what he is doing in his free time.

That was the skype convo I guess so let’s get on with why you should be unbanned:

Evidence please? KP either confirm this or deny this, or you need to provide proof of him acting like that. Point can be dismissed. And how is that a reason to unban you?

Evidence please? KP either confirm this or deny this, or you need to provide proof of him acting like that. Point can be dismissed. I guess you are trying to imply that you were not disrespecting him but as you are not actually saying that but instead are just like “I was doing this and that” I guess you put it there for the lols as well and not as a reason to unban you.

Point against you. You capsed.

As KP already pointed out, excessive caps is considered spam. Another point against you.

And now your rules rant:

Personally, I think these two rules are a bit… to put it nicely… unfair? They’re not taking into context excitement, or anger (or other emotions).

True. That’s why mods don’t enforce the rules as set in stone and like a computer would. You know there’s stuff like “Hey, please don’t caps too much” -> “kick Don’t abuse caps” -> eventually a tban. If you see someone do it, go and please post logs of it or similar so we can deal with it and tell the staff member how to do it properly.

That’s it already? That’s too bad, this was getting fun :(

YAY, HE PUT REPLIES :D

Please, read the bit I wrote about hacker in the skype logs. Will be lulz for you, and completely relates. xD

It says:

Also, this justifies my dislike of hacker, and his general incompetence.

FIX YOUR GRAMMAR! There’s no ==, (comma)== in front of an and. Just don’t do that. No. Anyway It does not. Because you think someone is a shitty mod DOESN’T MAKE IT TRUE. You are ==NOT== the center of the universe. Your opinion is ==NOT== the universal objective truth. It is your fucking opinion. You think that KP is a bad mod and he should be demoted and as Hacker has not demoted him yet he therefor must be doing a shitty job as a lead mod. Notice a pattern? It started with ==YOU THINK THAT==. It’s your opinion. Still not the universal objective truth. Stop thinking that you are the center of the universe and just because you say something it is true. You are CONSTANTLY doing that. Sorry that I can not provide evidence here as you happily deleted the thread I’m referring to. You deleted it because I was asking for evidence that is not someone’s opinion. ==OPINIONS ARE NOT FACTS.== Please get that into your mind and then try this again. Seriously. FFS I’m so pissed off by you acting like this.

Yeah… but to no avail. Seen KP on the forums once or twice since I posted the thread, yet no reply.

LOL his reply is RIGHT ABOVE YOURS. Open your fucking eyes before you post something. No the “took me too long to type” argument does not count. Maybe it took him a little to type his reply? This is quite funny xD

To be frank, I wasn’t being rude (imho) but really just telling KP that he really should’ve taken context into account: He didn’t and instead banned me, which is why I’m appealing.

Who the fuck is frank? I want to become a frank too :O Anyway LOGS PL0X. Already demanded them a few times xD

Yeah, that’s what happens when you get someone with great analytical skills to write an appeal. xD

That’s why your appeal part is exactly four statements of which only two are actually dealing with the ban and are only showing that you actually did wrong and KP is right. “Your honor, I fully agree. My client did shoot the victim and yes he did burn down their house but he brought flowers to the funeral and he cried real tears so please don’t send him to jail?”. That’s your “great analytic skills” LOL

And yet you do ALL of this whilst comfortably being /afk ingame. I congratulate you in your ability to complete such an impossible task.

Does /afk -> becomes a bad mod. That’s not how things work lol. You can obviously go AFK, why is that a problem? Shall he from now on leave the server instead of going AFK when he’s off for taking a phone call? ==AFK = Away From Keyboard==. If I leave my keyboard and therefor am actually truly completely AFK, am I suddenly a bad mod?

Then why did you ban me for 3 days? I’m confused.

Because it made sense to him given the situation. “He saw what you were doing, evaluated the variables and decidec: That guy is an annoying, rule breaking fucker that I need to ban. Three days seems appropriate.” (Disclaimer: Actual thoughts might differ from this.).

And just some things I seriously don’t understand in your reply or found quite amusing:

In mine (blabla

In yours WHAT? You started that sentence and never fucking finished it. It was not finished to the end of your entire reply. Like WTF were you trying to say? How is that even a sentence? “In mine”. Really really great sentence I gotta admit. Awesome work m8. Complain about others not 100% getting what you mean and then just providing an example of why that might be xD Thanks for that xD

I can’t really analyse what else you’ve said, as it makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

LOLOL This is so funny I mean just look at your fucking last sentence in your post it’s hillarious how you say that after giving us a never ending sentence xD

Sorry, but I can’t pick your post apart unless it is actually fucking english. Just sayin, dude.

Aaaaand you’re adding more and more onto this. This is great xD I’m just sitting here laughing my ass off, I’m literally crying out of joy over how hillarious you sound there xD

Greetings

~Pepich~

PS: Greeting at the end is a german thingy :> I may do that :> Don’t judge me (I mean what could you even do? LOL)

Disrespect to staff

How the HELL is this disrespect to staff? I’m just pointing out what you’ve said that’s flawed in the ban message.

Respecting staff is equal to respecting any other player, the reason I specified staff was that you were trying to tell me how to do my job

Hold up hold up.

when I had already verified with other staff via slack that I could unban him with a few conditions. All of which have been met.

This contradicts what you said above. If you really wanted to do your job, you could’ve privately explained to me that there were certain conditions that needed to be met so he could be unbanned. I would’ve been completely fucking fine with that.

Disrespect

Ok no more. I’m sick of your “I’m disrespecting you in every fucking way” mentality. From now on, every time you say this word, I’m issuing you an offical butthurt report and some free butthurt cream as a bundle. I’m also going to include this one, because you clearly need some cream.

butthurt report.

butthurt cream.

Once again the way that you were putting your opinion across made me fell as if you were telling me how to do my job and that you had distrust in me justifying my actions. Just as I said I talked with other staff before doing anything

I’m counting this as a butthurt bundle.

LOGALEDIT: Removed these butthurt images since it’s really spammy.

Caps

Quotebreak!

Spam

These are basically the same as the whole “disrespect” mentality. Two more reports for you!

LOGALEDIT: Removed these butthurt images since it’s really spammy.

And as you admitted above

To a certain extent

(Much derp about that typo, btw. gg me.)

As said by you

I was quoting the rules.

You state in your appeal that you believe caps shouldn’t be classed as spam as it can be used to express ones feelings however much I would like to let that point be valid, many people complain about excessive caps hence, the rules/guidelines clearly state that a message shouldn’t contain all caps.

Yeah, I sorta agree with this. Good point! I’ll keep this in mind for future debates I may have. Thanks for the constructive crisisim! :thumb:

okay okay okay okay… enough spam, this proved itself valid…
This is so toxic holy shit. Apologies to @Kappeh though, I’m having a really shit time at the moment and I’m likely to say a lot of shit about things that I don’t really mean. You’re a valued friend and colleague and I’m sorry.
@Kqli Can you stop this stupid butthurt forms…
@pr007pr the only reason why he should stop it is maybe because he got banned.
Wow everyone got triggered 1-100 real quick
This thread is locked.