New player identification

ArchivesFeature requests → New player identification

CLOSED

OK so my feature request is where if a player has joined the server, it displays something such as [NEW] Before their name for One Day from the time they joined.

Why i think its a good idea: I think this is a good idea because if someone wasn’t online when a new member joined, then They could still have a chance to congratulate the new player :D Please go ahead and tell me what you think :D

Might be a good idea, but I’m not sure if sheep would be interested in such a thing. Maybe ask him about it?
I have nothing against it as long as we can make it fit well into the chat, I might find a large [NEW] tag a bit annoying as time goes on so maybe something that’s not as annoying?

I might find a large [NEW] tag a bit annoying as time goes on so maybe something that’s not as annoying?

perhaps a small dot next to the new player’s name would fit, a red one might be quite fitting as the server is called “redstoner” a bit like gaps idea w/ the dots next to the name if the player is on the website yet.

Remember the thread we had about an indicator for players who had signed up on the website? I think establishing the open/closed dot system we discussed would probably be an adequate way of showing who is fairly new without something as irritating as a [NEW] tag.
i would say this is a very good idea and i approve of this message!
Yeah i did say Perhaps Not necessarily a big flashy [NEW] Tag. the thing is how long will it last? Like perhaps 24 hours of joining? So those who get on daily will be able to welcome players if they aren’t there to welcome them. I am not sure about Time amount because there are some who don’t get on every single day at the same time.
I think the original plan was to have the indicator shown until you sign up on the website.

That doesn’t make much sense tbh, but it does help checking if someone signed up yet…

I’d go with (N) as a suffix btw