New lol selecting system

ArchivesFeature requests → New lol selecting system

CLOSED

I currently hate the ways lols are selected at the moment. PJ and jomo pick the lols they think are funny… That’s the point, ==THEY== think. So when a every single comment was a +1 they don’t care and they just close it Cough So much positive feedback yet it’s not added… So I thought of this : What if we put a strawpoll on every single lol request and (Ones without will be closed) after 24 ours the votes will decide on whether the request is going to be an actual lol. This way people won’t complain that a bad lol is on the list or a good one isn’t, because the community voted on it, Not just PJ and Jomo

Just to get into a groove of what I requested http://www.strawpoll.me/10337063

Kinda agreed but naaaa Neutral

It’s a no from me.

Just because some people think it’s funny at one point doesn’t mean that most people will find it funny for a while. Some examples of this include this, this, and this. Thus, you can’t really blame PJ for his decisions. If the community decided everything, this could be a thing. Think about all terrible things that have been filtered out by the current system.

Oh, by the way, PJ has a good sense of humour. :-)

Oh, I voted no on the strawpoll earlier but forgot to say so here. Agreed with @Flying_Machinez

@Flying_Machinez @LogalCoder @PyjamaL1ama (This thread was for you to try and change your opinion that’s why I mentioned you)

If the community decided everything, this could be a thing.

Yes I know that that could happen and I’m glad it didn’t become a lol, but in this suggestion I specifically say that if the community votes it in that’s there fault if they don’t like it in a month, because the community voted. Now if PJ put something stupid as a lol, then we have him to blame. So that’s kind of why I wanted this system to be in place, So we can’t blame PJ, Love ya PJ ;)

Just because some people think it’s funny at one point doesn’t mean that most people will find it funny for a while

Yes. I am fully aware of that. I’m going to say what I am/have said a lot in this thread… If they vote it in it’s going to be their fault if it gets less funny/annoying, and not PJ’s, so they have themselves to blame. If we implement this voting thing, it would be a good idea to add the remove lol thing, so it would still be the community’s fault, but they can fix their mistakes.

Think about all terrible things that have been filtered out by the current system.

Yes I have thought of it and I’m glad all of those lols arent’t lols, but as I said it would be the community’s fault and not PJ’s so we have ourselves to blame. Also, Look at all the good, perfectly fine, Non-spam lol requests that were denied. To name one “Unfortunately, peanut butter” I liked it not because of the meaning, but because of it being random, not stupid random, funny random. If someone were to request “Potato” I would -1 it because it’s stupid random, not funny random

Thanks for reading

+1 FOR voting. -1 FOR proposed.

What it should be: If PJ likes it, it’s in, no hassle. If not then here is the voting System: Mod: 3 votes. Non-Mid: 1 vote. Reason: 9 times out of 10 the mods are right. It also make sure bad lols.

@minenash

Mods should have two Non mod one

I’ll try and see if i can modify the strawpoll code to make that possible.

Update: could not alter code…
I think 3 but whatever, I’m to tired to care tonight. Goodnight.
I think the community votes should count, and not only the staffs. Is it just me, or is it since this new lol requests subforum that for the most part only staff lols are accepted. As stated in the post, the peanut butter lol had too many +1s in my opinion for it to be rejected, the community votes yes, and I think this should apply to all lol requests, the community should vote.

Cookie, this post is 3 days old the last accepted lol was a week ago, therefore most of the lols added since this post was created can not be mods as 0 is not more than 0.

But I do agree voting should be a thing, BUT mods votes should count more, as they usually have common sense, which I don’t feel like EVERYONE on this form has.

P.S. How in the world did ‘Unfornaly peanut butter’ every get 8 +1, to me, the staff and others I have talked to do not think it’s funny. Explain.

@minenash We have a lot of staff,^(14) Therefor we have a lot of people with common sense and they would just make it one thing. Even with them having an extra point it will be 24 votes. That’s way too much Sorry this post had a lot of incoherent blabbering

@minenash Forgot to address some points in my last reply so here they are

How in the world did ‘Unfornaly peanut butter’ every get 8 +1, to me, the staff and others I have talked to do not think it’s funny. Explain.

If they don’t like it if this Idea is implemented then they can just vote no. It’s like real life, if you don’t vote for a prime minister/ president You can’t complain that there is a bad one Cough But if you do vote then you can complain. So if they don’t -1 it and complain, it’s their fault

most of the lols added since this post was created can not be mods as 0 is not more than 0.

What the hell are you trying to say img

1st reply: True, however how many of them actually vote on /lols?

2nd reply part 1: I was asking why people thought it was funny.(It was closed by the time I saw it.)

2nd reply part 2: Cookie wrote:

Is it just me, or is it since this new lol requests subforum that for the most part only staff lols are accepted.

So I responded with:

This post is 3 days old. The last accepted lol was a week ago, therefore most of the lols added since this post was created can not be from the mods as 0 is not more than 0.

I don’t know, I’m bored, k?

Why, I hear you cry?

Well, first of all, I do think it is a little bias only having PJ decide what lols get in as it is only his sense of humor, and thus I think there should be an additional member of staff (or maybe someone to do the job, elected by the community^? )

Generally I think people are being a bit salty about it only being PJ’s humor which I conveniently suggested a solution to above, and they want changes that are stupidly complex to change, they are unnecessary etc. As suggested above, it would be cool to have a member of the community accept/deny alongside PJ, as it makes for a fairer desicion on what lols are good, and what lols aren’t.

Footnote:some people aren’t providing valid arguments to this matter.

I don’t really care about the outcome of this, I’m a bit bored so I decided to input on this, do whatever the fuck pleases the majority in the end lmao.

Kthxbai

I only started doing this cus jomo didn’t have any time, @LogalCoder wanna help? :P
I’m okay with this.^

Is it just me, or is it since ==this== new lol requests subforum that for the most part only staff lols are accepted.

I mean the entry requests to /lol subforum -,- and thanks @LogalCoder now I’ll never get a chance of my good lol requests to be accepted…

Look… how about this… we have some sort of voting system for the lols, like a strawpoll maybe, then after that maybe like every second sunday or something mods (not just pj) check the lols and filter out the really crappy ones and if like 50%+ mods think the lol is good we obey the comunity vote… (i’m not saying it should be this way, i’m just proposing an idea)

@psrcek that still means staff votes are nearly all that matter, and this is in my opinion a great example of that, I think a strawpoll isn’t a bad idea, but I think it’s probably a better idea to require 75% upvotes, including staff ones. This way crappy ones will be filtered, and staff votes and community votes would be the same weight.

EDIT: Here’s a quote from Nemes

#It’s the community that decides^1 , not the staff. ^1mostly

Mostly… now I feel more like it’s staff that decides and the community has to deal with it…

can we just propose a simpler solution,

1 Staff Vote = +4 or -4

1 Normal person vote = +1 or -1

I agree with cookie, the staff decide and we have to deal with it. They don’t care if the community likes it or not
WELL Can we at least put this in the correct subforum…?
Nyx, 4 is too much. I do think either 2 or 3 would be better. And no this would not make it staff diside, as players active on the forums out way the number of staff active on the forums, by a fair amount.
Nyx, Minash, I think 1 would be better, and make it require more % of upvotes.
Well I don’t. To much room for actually crap lols getting in. And it looks like the peanut butter lol is getting added so.

I was going to reply to all of these but it got deleted so I have a solution.

I am going to put together a straw pool on what idea we should use (With one being stay how it is). Then this will show staff what people want so get voting it is important!

I will include all idea that are reasonable. People who posted with be listed below

NOTE : I might alter or compact the idea so if not happy bout it just tell me in here:)

==@psrcek== ==@FatCatShuffle== ==@minenash== ==@PyjamaL1ama==

I will be numbering the ideas 1-4 so here they are

1. (psrcek) we have a strawpool for each lol, Then after every second sunday, the mods filter through the really bad ones, but not the ones they personally don’t like.
  2. (FatCatShuffle) Elect two staff members that will decide the lols
  3. (minenash) Community and staff both vote, but staff can +2 and -2 instead of +1 and -1
  4. (IDK?) Pj and Memes stay the “Choosers”

The strawpoll link is down below http://www.strawpoll.me/10381417

I REALLY wished I could pic more than one. As I support 3 and 4(when Logal was added)
Cough @_aRedstoneNub my suggestion cough

Ok, I think it is time to get into this thread.

#First of: I think this is a really good idea, but I think it would be better to change the suggestion for a bit.

So much positive feedback yet it’s not added…

I know there is many good lol requests. But at the end it all comes to @PyjamaL1ama and/or the other staff members. Also Pj has a great sense of humour.

#Second:

In my opinion I think the voting idea is really good, But I might have some useful ideas for this function. Why I think the voting system would be a good idea: There is a way more useful way to count all the votes instead of just replying: “+1” or “-1”. But as I said above it will later come down for a mod to see if it should be added. For example if this should be added, it would literally spam chat as it is way too big for a lol request to be and adding something with this many capital letters I think this should not be added although it is a pretty funny example to begin with.

Yey, my longest reply I’ve ever made :D

Another noticeable thing:

Please follow the guidelines found here for doing a feature request :)

@Mr_RedSheep

I did, I just didn’t divide it, I said everything that needed to be said in a rant type thing.

Can we close this? There hasn’t been much complaining after the lol crisis of 06/16
Was that really needed minenash?
Well this was basically denied Judy never marked as so.