Granted explosion regions

ArchivesFeature requests → Granted explosion regions

CLOSED

Granted explosion regions are three-dimensional regions where explosives can explode and damage blocks, but this region can only be made by full moderators (not moderators-in-training) or administrators.

1. Only staff may make these regions. Also, after the region is used, the staff member must delete the region. The fact that only staff can make these regions eliminates the risk that explosions are too large and generate vast quantities of lag.

2. The very moment any explosive leaves the region, it will be immediately deleted, rendering it completely harmless.

3. These regions can be made in any of the three worlds: creative, survival (for explosive mining; the mining shouldn’t be long), and trusted.

4. Staff can terminate the explosion at any time by deleting the region.

This will be very useful and convenient for redstoners that want the allowance of explosives on the server; this way, they do not need to memorize any apparatus carrying out the explosion to build it in a singleplayer world, where they can use the apparatus.

Thanks for reading this thread, and considering it.

mods in training have the same perms as full mods
Well… that can be changed.
I’m a tiny bit desperate for explosions being allowed… I am, after all, a slimeblock engineer.
It is a duplicate of this so if you want an answer read that thread, and this thread is then closed
Actually @Futsy… there is quite a smallish difference in these ideas that make this idea much more viable. I’ll leave it closed for now, but if it does get approved, please mark this thread normal (I don’t know if I have the permission to change the status).
can you please tell me the difference? because I can’t find any difference between this and the one I linked.

I’ll gladly tell the difference, @Futsy.

Okay, so both the ideas also allow explosions. However, this idea won’t have the problems as the old idea. The old idea would possibly cause huge amounts of lag and grief (because staff couldn’t control when and how players use explosions). ==This idea solves the problem of lag by asking staff to allow the explosions, and staff can see how big the explosion could be.== Additionally, on the issue of lag, both these problems could cause strain on the CPU; however, testing should be done to see the true outcome.

Should I start a community vote on who would use this, @LogalTech?

Closing this for the reason Logal posted, sorry @TheWildDefender you’re most certainly not with many that would appreciate this feature. Regardless, I might look into implementing something similar into Parcels one day.

EDIT: It was already closed, derp