/challenge

ArchivesFeature requests → /challenge

CLOSED

What it would do: When you do /challenge, it gives you a random challenge from a list, and Trusted+ can add challenges to the list Why would this be useful: It would stop a lot of “I’m bored"s and “I don’t have anything to build"s. Challenges would expire after a week so you can keep getting new ones. You might also be able to submit builds for that challenge and the best ones get a challenge point or something Unless I am thinking of another server, we used to have a feature like this but I guess it got removed.
Maybe lower it to builder? +1 (but what if the challenge is also boring?) >:3
I think there are still some builders out there who would just spam that entire list full of useless challenges, maybe put a timeout on the additiin of challenges?
Yeah, trusted players would give better challenges, but what if you could do /challenge [rank]? For example, if you did /challenge builder, it would give an intermediate, builder-level challenge. However, anyone can access the challenges for any rank, in case their skill level is above or below the norm for their rank.
An interesting idea. I’d want a bit more feedback on this before making this (Like staff’s opinion on who can add challenges, etc.) but otherwise ==+1==!

How about this:

We have a randomizer for each word.

What I mean:

3x4 Seamless trapdoor with lamp

Those which are underlined can be randomized and replaced with other relevant options

Well, we can combine both. People can add interesting challenges, but if there are none available (or all are boring), it can give you (or you can ask for) a randomized challenge, like you said. The problem with that, however, is that it only allows one type of challenge. For example: 3x4 seamless glass OR gate without DPE doesn’t make a lot of sense. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
If you don’t like a challenge, you can just jeep doing /challenge to get a new challenge. We could also do /challenge list to view all the current challenges
@De_Martian It was included in the idea obviously or not ( ° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+challenge world
Yes, we used to have a daily or weekly Challenge type of thing very long ago, I don’t remember why it was removed. Might look into adding something like your idea eventually. Can’t say I’m looking forward to it right now.
+1 Great idea, also there is a possibility to make random compititions using this command. Please add this! (I also think that it would use the same code mechanics that “/lol” does)
+1 That was great idea, I really hope they will add /challenge command because I sometimes get bored.

+1 this is awesome

This could be great for people like me who don’t have the greatest ideas

Lets get this back in the spotlight fellas

We’ll implement this once we got a bit of time, we got a simple idea on how to do this but we’ll keep it secret for now :P
i dont think this should be “yes” or “no”. the people who dont want it dont have to use it. rather, you should be considering how many people actually want (and would use) this feature.
Yeah, but if there were more no’s than yes’s, then I would of hold the feature off, until I do some other ones
We had this and it was a fail. If you want this, it should be easy to port. Or you just copy the /lol code and replace lol with challenge - that worked too last time. Heck we should still have the two challenges that you could get stored in a file somewhere, so I could even get those back I think
I think it’s safe to say, that this won’t happen, not now, and probably not ever, I’ma close it.