SOLVED

Type of ban / demotion

Temporary (3 days)

Ban/Demotion reason

Your quote, “i have a challenge for you: fucking kill yourself” not funny

What I have done wrong

I said something that could be seen as mildly offensive

Why I should be unbanned / re-promoted

I appreciate how upsetting my remark could have been. I take full responsibility for my error, but in my opinion a 3 day is overkill. You will get people on the internet and in real life who will try to offend you, and you have to learn to deal with it. I have nothing against Redstoner71, and recently i have helped him to better learn redstone, and I see him as a slightly obnoxious acquaintance. I do not want him to kill himself, neither do I want for anyone to kill themselves. I know that i made a mistake, but iI see no purpose in giving me a 3 day ban for what was just a silly mistake of me. A simple warning (which you did give) would have been enough for me to realize how stupid I was. I think it was @O456 that banned me, and i understand that you don’t know me very well, but I am not the type of person that just insults people for the fun of it.

I’d have made it like an hour for that wtf, 3 days is a bit much.
It has to stop somewhere. No problem at all if you msg redstoner and hes alright with whatever you say but you decided to say that in the public chat. He also added that he’s got no problem with what you wrote. Well. But I have. We’ve got so many players of diffrent age and personalities ( mostly young ones ) and you can never know how others take up the things you say. You crossed a line here and if it was me I would permban you. Just think about it.. even if redstoner has no problem with it .. you told a 13 year old ( !!! ) ‘i got a challenge for you kill yourself’
When I said it in public chat, it was clear that I was speaking directly to Redstoner71, therefore I don’t believe anyone else who saw the message would even care. If someone did care however, they would speak up, which no one did. As a 13 year old myself, knowing many other 13 year olds, I can inform you that it is unlikely that any 13 year old would even be slightly offended by my statement, and to anyone who does get offended, I highly suggest not using the Internet. To sum up, I was speaking to redstoner71 so I can’t see how others would be offended Redstone r did not get offended so in the end, nobody got offended at all so theoreticallly I did not break a rule Moreover, you said Yourself that redstoner does not have a problem with it, so this ban is not justified at all

@MadCloud101 remember that peiple react to stuff different. So Even though you don’t find a thing offensive, people that Are the same age as you might find it offensive.

Edit: I hate phone keyboards

@MadCloud101 Sorry but tbh people are getting banned more easily nowadays for minor offenses, so you and all of us should really step up our game and be more mature.

I mean ace and I were nearly banned for swearing a few times unnecessarily…

Honestly, I’m not suprised this ban happened.

Edit: Why is my head still an eagle.

Considering what you said in your latest post, showing no understanding at all, just assuming things, I am not gonna vote for unbanning you. You seem to be really ignorant towards others. ( correct me if I’m wrong )

@O456 I’m sorry for my quite misunderstood reply, I was really tired and in a hurry when I had written it, so here is a new one.

no problem at all if you msg redstone and hes alright with whatever you say but you decided to say that in the public chat

how is saying it in public chat a problem? It cannot offend anybody else and it doesn’t make it more offensive

you can never know how others take up the things you say

I’ve seen redstoner71 quite a lot since he joined the server, it wasn’t like he was a complete stranger to me

You crossed a line here and if it was me I would permban you

Seriously? Doesn’t sound like a server I want to be playing on anyways

you told a 13 year old (!!!) ‘I got a challenge for you kill yourself’

First of all, anybody who would get offended by that would have already left the Internet. Secondly, I have not heard of one 13 year old who would actually get offended by this! I knew redstoner’s personality and in the end, nobody got hurt! I feel that I have learned my lesson and 2 more days of staying banned is not serving any purpose whatsoever

I mean ace and I almost got banned for swearing a few times unnecessarily…

Honestly i feel like I’m at school, where they take everything you say seriously and always stop you whenever you’re actually having fun

you seem really ignorant towards others. (Correct me if I’m wrong)

I understand that what I said could be seen as ‘offensive’ to a select few. I have apologised to redstoner71 and I have realised that what I did was stupid and not funny. I am appealing because I feel that a 3 day ban is not justified/ isn’t necessary for a minor offence ( in which nobody got offended)

Here we go. This is gonna be fun. No TL;DR this time, don’t even look for it lol, but you gotta read all to understand it.

First of all, generally speaking I find the ban being too harsh. Reasons being that it was a joke, you’re kids of the same age and you know each other good enough. I guess someone who isn’t on much won’t know this though. Yeah this is not a good thing O456 but I guess that’s a different topic for a different time.

Considering what you said in your latest post, showing no understanding at all, just assuming things

All of what he said he backed up. I don’t agree on all of his points but he is not “just assuming things” but he is making clear statements and tells you why he thinks that it is that way. Maybe you should spend more time disproving his arguments instead of just assuming that he only made assumptions and ignoring them? Think about that. Thanks.

You seem to be really ignorant towards others. ( correct me if I’m wrong )

You seem to be really ignorant towards others too. ( correct me if I’m wrong )

Enough with mocking staff, now to you MadCloud. You should know how to behave by now. This isn’t the first time you get some sort of punishment/warning and this time it’s more of a rough one. From what happened to you, you should also know that it is not you to judge if a ban is justified. I don’t like you saying stuff like “this ban is not justified at all”. Rather say that you think that the ban is not justified. It’s not a fact till staff makes it a fact. Keep it your opinion till we approve it. Thanks.

I can see where Kotov is coming from but 3d is too much, 1d would’ve been enough. This is up to the rest of staff though, not one person alone.

Greetings

~Pepich~

@Pepich1851 stole my words
it’s been one day. Will the ban be lifted?
@RedStoner71 , do you know more about this? I mentioning him so he knows what’s going on since he was there too. And honestly I agree with O456, some people can take stuff up in very different ways, and I think MadCloud should have been aware of that, though I think 3 days for just this is a bit much.
I agree with @Pepich1851 on the better ban length of one day, I’ll lift the ban. Welcome back @MadCloud101