Skyblock

RedstonerFeature requests → Skyblock

My suggestion: Skyblock, with several modes and a sign shop.

Why? -Because some of us get so bored and skyblock is a lot more fun than sv or tsv.

Ask more questions below and please don’t jump to conclusions too quickly.

I actually agree wih Logal,but it would be cool. ±1

@PyjamaL1ama @minenash @LogalCoder Well plots are tiny, and because of some anti lag things, most types of farms don’t work like cactus, melon, sugarcane etc. And as for the shop things, if we would sell stuff, all the money would be as an item, making it not very convenient, hence plugins for skyblock would make it more fun.

Some of us also want to play in groups, and because a plot is tiny, how are we supposed to do expand? This also shouldn’t be a trusted+ thing, because most of the Redstoner community are at builder rank.

Also a suggestion: can you make plugins that only affect a certain world?

Background info about my idea: Basically I only got the idea to write this thread because some of use have gone over to another server to play skyblock already. Until about yesterday, @psrcek got banned (fucking retards, those mods over there) for using a flip head mod thingy, so we decided to move the idea over to Redstoner. (Would also save me a shitload of time from sending bored people over to the other server)

@FullyStealth I gave I different answer on the other mini game thread, my answer also applies to this +0.9

@minenash although I prefer this not to be a mini game.

In my eyes, mini games are games that usually last like a few minutes. Skyblock should be a thing you can continually play although you leave.

Um skyblocks is a mini game,at least in my eyes, as mini games are usually games within games.
How about skywars? That lasts a few minutes and is similar to skyblock

Im gonna +1 for skyblock

AND +1 for skywars

Mhmm, I know 1 server that has both skyblock and skywars thingies, so I don’t think Redstoner needs to have them.

If those two were to be added, I’m afraid that it would change the “target audience” of Redstoner, which probably won’t do any good. Why? Well, there’s apparently no reason for players looking for those games to come on Redstoner, since it’s been already available on another server for a long time, right ? Except if they’re banned from this server, which probably means they’re undesirable people to have on a server.

Thus I don’t think that many people are going to play those games for them to be really useful, and not only a loss of machinepower for the server.

So, though I’d be really excited to be able to play them on Redstoner x') it’s -1 from me.

@Eldras , considering redstoner is running a beast machine I’m pretty sure can run a server with minigames and a creative section, and our target audiance won’t change because the creative side is also more optimised.

Also, we know there are probably thousands of skywar and skyblock servers out there, but having it here would make us have more control over some aspects, such as permissions and ranks and bans.

Some of us here at redstoner would like to play skyblock or something with a group, however on this server it makes it hard to be known. If we had a minigame/skyblock side, those players will be able to join us and have fun without us having to shout out the ip of another server which would get us banned.

Skyblock is very similar to survival, but the world is different, and the way to play. But skywars is more of an actual minigame in my eyes, the kind of stuff dem 1337 7-year olds start yelling about, that’s what Mineplex is for.
Also, sorry, I mixed up Skyblocks and Skywars in my head when I read this post: +1 to Skyblocks -1 to Skywars
-1. Redstoner is a creative server and should stay that way. I think that if you want to play minigames/skyblock, then you go to a factions server, not a big deal. I feel as though there’s enough cancer here already, so it would be unwise to attract more.
ew -10000000 to skywars, + 0.5 to skyblock
@MadCloud101 we have survival. These all should be builder+as to not attract unwanted visitors.

Is someone gonna bring back snowbrawl

+9001 to Skyblock, -9001 to Skywars. Skyblock could be a fun new gamemode, and skywars is too much of a mini-game. Tons of servers have skywars. Echoing what the others have said, redstoner should stay a redstone server. Its^in^the^name^ffs I like the idea of skyblock becaue its a new gamemode and not much of a mini-game. AND peeps wouldn’t be bored. But member+ only to the idea of skyblock, just like survival.
Ouch, i think skywars is hated most xD

Mhmm, I know 1 server that has both skyblock and skywars thingies, so I don’t think Redstoner needs to have them. If those two were to be added, I’m afraid that it would change the “target audience” of Redstoner, which probably won’t do any good. Why? Well, there’s apparently no reason for players looking for those games to come on Redstoner, since it’s been already available on another server for a long time, right ? Except if they’re banned from this server, which probably means they’re undesirable people to have on a server. Thus I don’t think that many people are going to play those games for them to be really useful, and not only a loss of machinepower for the server. So, though I’d be really excited to be able to play them on Redstoner x') it’s -1 from me.

Quoted from @Eldras

Can anyone tell me where he’s wrong? If you want to play SkyBlock, there are plenty of servers out there with many more players that play skyblock in the same world. I found it acool idea initially but to consider that we would have very few players in the world, I think it’s much better for those players to play in a more exciting skyblock community. Although loss of machinepower is a pretty weak argument as we have lots of it and the server might be able to support 250 players (but maybe not 250 spaced out in creative).

@Dico200 good points, but we don’t have control over permissions on other servers (Hence why we can’t do a goddamn thing to unban psrcek) and we can suggest things to improve to a community we are much more familiar with.
I have to agree that a small skyblock world doesn’t hurt us.
Wait what where did this argument come from @LogalCoder ?

Sorry, completely offopic but before we get into other games: what About snowbrawl? Is it ever going to exits again?

==if so, I like to help :)==

@RedSheepMC I don’t know what makes you post on a thread completely off topic in full letters. It’s not wished for on these forums.
@Dico200 Im sorry, changed it.

@LogalCoder so we have to start over again on a different server with different plugins and staff that don’t give a damn about us because they don’t know who we are just because of some staff? Got any idea how long it takes to build up trust in staff…?

Also, skyblock really wouldn’t hurt the server much, so why are you so much against us?

I agree that a skyblock won’t hurt the server too much, as you guys said, but adding skywars will do that I think. Same goes for other minigames. I’m fine with skyblock, but not with this server becoming a minigame server.
@CookieRedstone what’s the problem with minigames exactly? I’d still like to add some, just need concrete plans and opportunities.
I’m still waiting for a trusted skyblock world. It’s rare to find a skyblock server with full redstone allowed. Skyblock with mob griefing set to true would be fun too :)