Clickable usernames

RedstonerFeature requests → Clickable usernames

ACCEPTED

You all know how when you say something like https://google.com on the server, you can click it and it will take you to Google? And you know how you can put a link into the text with JSON formatting? I’m not sure how hard it would be, but it would be extremely cool if we were able to make it so clicking on someone’s username would open their user page on the forums. It would be pretty convenient since you can’t search for users on the forum and only staff can use /check.
Pepich brought that up. Possible, but very annoying to do. I’mma just close this.

Fun fact: We discussed this further and found a fairly easy way of doing it. Psrcek is on it :3

Reopened

Does this mean he has to remake whole chat?
I would prefer a simple user search on the forum over this feature. Although it may be weak, I don’t want weird pop ups when I move my cursor over the chat. In addition, I (and I assume the majority of players) don’t really need or use one’s userpage, and in the rare event that you do, it’s not that difficult to find it (you can filter by role). I’m also afraid this might increase the traffic from and to the MySQL server, which isn’t a big problem on it’s own, but it is for me if it is for such a small feature. I think it’s simply not worth the effort programming it either.
You know.. This can be done without popups, just a click action… Haven’t started this yet, I’m in Croatia, going home today. Aka will start today, If nothing else i’d like this as a command aka /user name that pops up a little chest ui thing with multiple functions like account, information (another chest gui with items as info), kick (mod+), ban (mod+) etc.
Also, the traffic would only occur when you actually click the name. So it would pretty mich be aequivalent to /check - it only happens when you actually do something to make it happen. I’d especially like to get tag and badges to work with it (I’ll do that myself if nessecary) but in general this sounds great

The traffic only occurs when you click the name. Why is /check allowed the traffic if not a /check throuch clicking a name?

Edit: Only when you click an item in a gui after the username…

Oh this discussion apparently was on slack/in ac/on ts. We decided that instead it should open a gui with feature like “go to plot”, “kick/tban”, forums page and similar.

Also I fail to see how mysql traffic is a problem at all. If you want to reduce it, cache it when the user logs on and done. Usually that doesn’t change while a user is on. Also, for visitors don’t check on join but rather on first request and the first time someone does it it will instead of sending them there just sent them a message with the url and replace all further names with a direct link.

There’s enough ways to keep the traffic down to a very low level and also the potential of combining it with more features is definitly there.

I like the GUI idea very much.
So umm this is slowly but surely getting assembled here I’ll tell you guys when it’s done, feel free to check up on it at any time :P
Why is it java? ;-;
Had any progress been made with this?
quite a lot, it supports nicks and stuff already maybe i’ll do an official showoff on a seperate server tommorow :P