PROTEST AGAINST 1.10

RedstonerOther → PROTEST AGAINST 1.10

i was devastated when i heard redstoner was planning on changing to 1.10, and i want to state my opinion and for others not to be afraid to voice their opinion about how 1.10 is literal cancer.

1. it has loads of pointless new features that nobody uses( it might get some hype for maybe 5 minutes, but then it will be useless) cough cough elytra.

Auto-jump: eeew. literally the most annoying thing you will ever experience. The only good feature in 1.10 is the option that turns this off

fallingdust particles yay more lag

fossils not bad but redstoner is mostly a creative server and updating to an update with shittons of problems is not worth getting a few tweaks in survival

magma block literally useless

miscellaneous husks, polar bears, bone block , etc.: more shit made for survival.

1.9 features:

other hand thing: who actually uses this

new combat if you like the combat changes in 1.9, i dont know what to say to you.

new end structures nobody actually gives a shit

tons of more stuff intended for survival plz stop

and that, ladies and getlemen, believe it or not, is it. 1.10 changes almost nothing to the creative aspect of the game, except of course

1. breaking a lot of redstone mechanics
  2. breaking sand completely
  3. lag lag lag
  4. some people cant even fucking join the server because of 1.10 issues
  5. the magic retraction thing is gone :(

so in conclusion, 1.10 is an update intended to improve the suvival aspect of the game, and redstoner is mostly a creative server. therefore our thoughts should go toward improving the creative aspect of the server, and in my opinion, the best way to do that is to stay in 1.8

kthxbye

While you’re conclusion alone would be the worse argument ever, I agree 99.99% with this. ESPECIALLY THE FACT THAT SOME PLAYERS WON’T BE ABLE TO JOIN. Like are you trying to make a smaller community.

Can I just say with the possible exception of the new PvP stuff (and that lag stuff) none of the new features effect you unless you seek them out.

Auto jump you can turn off.

Elytra you have to put on if you want to use (who in the fuck doesn’t like elytra)

New blocks you don’t have to use.

New mobs… You can’t spawn them so why does it matter.

End structures, really? Again you have to go out of your way to see them so how does it effect you.

Option for left hand, something I (a left handed person) have always wanted, but is something else you have to activate to use but is also not game changing just visual

I’m not aware of any redstone stuff breaking give examples please

How has sand “completely broken”?

The issues where people can’t join at all, or get unplayable lag. I’m sure Mojang doesn’t want this to happen they will fix it unless Microsoft interferes and it will probably be soon seeing how quickly 1.10 came out 1.11 will probably come soon too. Besides if we don’t update to 1.10 it will only be harder to update to some future update that everyone doesn’t needlessly hate.

1.11 is due in September, maybe October. Updates will keeping happening this fast until at least 1.14, so I suggest we at least wait till then.

breaking sand completely

Fixed in later versions AFAIK

the magic retraction thing is gone :(

? Do you mean pistons pulling entities through themselves when they retract?

I think it’d be cool to have elytra.

The only thing I really hate about the changes is the redstone hitbox change.

In conclusion, you’re probably correct. With ViaVersion installed, players can join from 1.10, and everyone is happy.

I think it’d be cool to have elytra.

His point is its completely useless as no one would actually use it - for about 5 minutes yes, however I doubt it would be for longer.

? Do you mean pistons pulling entities through themselves when they retract?

no, i mean jeb retractions, but that is also a problem @Dico200

Jeb retractions? Elaborate?
@omgsalt um… you know when a piston gets pulled back even though its not supposed to.
He means, these kinds of configuration bleh
Well that’s most definitely a strange bug and I don’t mind it being fixed personally. And the piston pulling I mentioned is really quite cool.

And the piston pulling i mentioned is really quite cool

personally i dont like it because it breaks the detector rail minecrat mechanic thing. most other entity based circuits are also broken. For example, in one of my builds i use an armour stand to trasfer the signal upwards, unfortunately, that becomes very unreliable in 1.9+ because it falls through the piston.

1.10 does nothing good to redstone. although the piston pulling might be useful in some builds, i think that its not worth getting one new feature while breaking a lot of other features p.s i hate elytra too

Mk so ehm if u lagg in 1.10 then how are we supposed to fix that and that reaaally ruins the fun for others that want 1.10 And if some things get fixed or new buge come… how fun would it be to make versions with that and experiment with it And auto-jump? So what just disable it Btw you can turn off the falling dust particles REDUCING LAGG

I dont know why you stated magma blocks as useless there are way more useless blocks.

And the “other hand thing” is great for redstone if you ask me.. or mining torches in 1 hand pickaxe in other

The combat update is the only thing i agree on it sucks. But so did other addons in older mc versions… you gotta learn to live with it

And new end structures? Legit as you said no1 cares. So they wont mind them added or removed

Yeah… just learn to live with it ;)

There is not enough demand(imo) from the redstoner community to basically say “F you” to the large amount of people who won’t be able to join. We can join up to 1.10, that’s enough for now. I’m not saying NOT update, just wait ‘till the updates aren’t coming out ever 2 months.
Yeah but i mean it isnt that more lagg
Logan(for example) gets over 60fps(he caps so I don’t know how high it can get) but on 1.10 he gets less than 25. That’s a big difference. @LogalCoder can you give more correct numbers
How come that some people get no lagg at all between 1.8 and 1.10 and others do? Different installers? Windows and linux?
The graphics card/Integrated graphics. Other reason may also apply. I don’t lose much fps, but it is obvious others do.

Yeah i know itw probaly the graphics card but i usuaully have 30-40 fps ==fml== and when on 1.10 i get the same but then we have logal with 100 fps and then 10-20 Really doesnt make sense… mythbusting time guys? I mean my guess is the installer or the settings my other guess is the version between 1.10 and 1.10.2

Any other options?

Different operating systems or other magic we dont know about? #computernoobs #macbook #whyamIstillgettinghateforusinghashtagsdramaalertlongesthashtagomgimightmaketyposhere.
You guys are are telling us to wait around until all the frequent updates stop, what stops us from doing the same. Wait until the frequent updates stop, I for one don’t wanna never update just because a few people feel a little bad about it, your telling us that, so here it is back at you
@Doomblah the worst part we cant do anyhing about is that some people dont have the good computer to play on the server which will be a big lose. :( but I can join :)
@BagaKoibito what im saying is the things that some people like about 1.10 are completely obliterated by the downsides of 1.10