Clickable mentions

WebsiteWebsite feature requests → Clickable mentions

Mentions in a thread should be clickable and lead to the user’s page. For example, @jomo should be clickable and lead to Jomo’s user page.
I very much like this idea.
Make them optional, and you have my vote.
Make them optional, and you have my vote.
My question is whether @jomo actually reads and implements any of these
“Make them optional” wtf is that. How would it even affect you? Make them not be blue and underlined and shit but just clickable without any change to the style, implements the functionality and doesn’r fill the page with unnessecary formatting. But I don’t see a reason to make it “optional”, what are your reasons why you want to ve unable to click them?
@Pepich1851 I know I’d end up accidentally clicking them and having to backtrack a lot. It would be kinda handy to be able to toggle them.
Why would you randomly click onto the page o.O Also, hitting backspace/swiping left isn’t that bad. I just don’t see the effort of adding user based content manipulation versus stopping to randomly click around the webpage to make much sense. Adding it for everyone is simple, adding a settings entry, a check for that and based on that manipulating the content seems like quite a lot of effort to me though