Ajloveslily

RedstonerAppeals → Ajloveslily

CLOSED

Type of ban / demotion

Temp, expires 2016-08-25

Ban/Demotion reason

Reason you were told or message shown when you’re disconnected from the server “making a lag machine”

What I have done wrong

Well I was filling my plot with repeaters and lamps, so it would go around my plot kinda like a billboard, when I though what if I connect a line together, well when I did this and hit the button the lighting updates of 10+ lamps causes fps to drop.

Why I should be unbanned / re-promoted

I did not intentionally make a lag machine, really just happened by accident. The end goal is to have light chase around my plot, not have every lamp flicker on and off every tick.

Ban seems pretty just imo.
Billboard lagmachine what’s the difference
The thing is, I was not building it with the intent to cause lag.
@Ajloveslily it takes little to no common sense to realise a massive redstone billboard will cause lag.
@omgsalt I said LIKE a billboard, I didn’t say it was a billboard.
@Ajloveslily your “billboard” caused me to crash twice before I could stop it. I also destroyed it.
@Doomblah are you blind? i said LIKE A BILLBOARD NOT THAT IT WAS ONE
Whatever it was I crashed twice trying to turn it off
Could someone please post some photos of this “billboard”?
Imagine half a plot of lamps with repeaters in-between in an intricate loop and on a 2 tick clock
were you online at the time that you were banned?
@Doomblah original plan was not to have them linked going both ways, just one way
@Ajloveslily it doesn’t really matter whether you caused lag on accident or on purpose, the intent of this ban is to make sure that you’re more careful next time and encourage you to think before you do things
It expired now anyway, closed.