Madcloud World edit loss

RedstonerAppeals → Madcloud World edit loss

CLOSED

Type of ban / demotion

1 week world edit loss

Ban/Demotion reason Reason you were told or

//copying a lot of blocks by mistake

What I have done wrong

Didn’t look at a block correctly while right clicking, resulting in the first and second selection points being far away from each other.

Why I should be unbanned / re-promoted

I understand that world edit bans are supposed to teach you to be more careful, but in this situation there is nothing to teach me, except if you actually expect me to double check that I got the right blocks every time I world edit…. I think my removal of perms is unjustified because firstly, punishments are there to teach a lesson, and this punishment will teach me absolutely nothing and help nobody in any way at all. Secondly, it was all due to me not looking at a block properly while right clicking. It is just a matter of chance if you mistakenly miss the block and select a large region, so getting banned for it is just getting banned because you got unlucky. I don’t consider what I’ve done to be a mistake because even though it is possible to be more careful and double check every world edit that you do, I think it’s clear that nobody is going to do that. So in conclusion, I feel that there is no need for a punishment because it won’t make me more careful, as being more careful would not be worth the time because events like this happen very rarely. It also serves no purpose while it is in place. If someone gets banned for being annoying, the ban serves the purpose of removing the annoyance, however in this case, since something like this happens very rarely, It is very unlikely that the ban will be removing a threat.

What I always do when making a new selection is when I click the first block I also 2nd click it so it starts as a 1 block selection.
That’s a good idea. But it never came into my head to do something like that, because I always thought that there was a limit on selections. @Doomblah
no theres a limit on how manny blocks you can edit at once

Madcloud:

I understand that world edit bans are supposed to teach you to be more careful, but in this situation there is nothing to teach me, except if you actually expect me to double check that I got the right blocks every time I world edit…

Yes, I do expect you to double check before crashing the server.

I don’t consider what I’ve done to be a mistake

This isn’t a mistake? What do you consider this, then?

as being more careful would not be worth the time because events like this happen very rarely

This already happened twice in the past week. The server crashed for the same reason. //copy.

Do be more careful in the future. closed

@Flying_Machinez you’re telling me that you double check that you got the blocks every time you do world edit?
basically yea, its not hard takes about half a second
I do that too :D (Mostly on other people’s plots so I don’t accidentally cause world war III on their plot
World edit War III
I double cheek, all I do is click the same block twice(in slightly different positions) to make sure it was the correct block.
You can also use //sel to clear your selection.