HTML Help

Off topicProgramming → HTML Help

So for my college course we have to make a website using HTML. I am around the 10% mark on CodeCademy, and I wanted to know what are some of the most important things to remember when coding, and maybe some helpful information that could help my learning. Thanks guys!

Get dreamweaver. It’ll save you time. This costs a lot of money, though. A lot of colleges have deals for creative cloud by adobe, up to 70% and I’ve even heard of one that has an 85% deal. You should look into it :P

EDIT: And you get a lot of other stuff like photoshop and after effects. You might also be able to buy dreamweaver as it is.

just a suggestion though :3

Also, for HTML I think notepad++ is awesome. If you want to even host your website on your computer free(you will connect via localhost or IP for others), get WAMP server. It’s awesome! It comes pre-installed with PHP and MySQL! Most importantly, it comes with Apache2. You can quickly start or take offline. You can drag all your index.html files and anything else into the www directory and it’s hosted on your PC :)

If you use skype, go into httpd.conf and change all your ports from 80 to something else. It will not work if you don’t do this if you use skype because skype uses port 80 as well.

Thanks for the reply Chloe! We do have Dreamweaver on the college computers/macs but I’m not 100% sure if we are going to incorporate that into the site building. Ill defiantly take a look into WAMP and Notepad++, They might come in handy some day!

I also suggest going to random websites like MicroSoft and right clicking(if you use windows) hit the view page source button, and you should see the website’s HTML. I find this method a GREAT way of learning HTML with examples. You’re also able to see all the js and whatever else the website consists of. Alternatively, right click and hit development console on a website and it will very neatly organize the HTML tags and everything, you can also edit it around(it’s only client-side) to test some random tags or whatever(and make things in websites say something they really don’t.. lol) the development console also features things like console(for development) and a debugger(and a LOAD of other things!) things like the style editor for high-tech CSS sexiness and whatever else.

Hope it helps, just something cool. I only use mozilla, so this might not work on other browsers or whatever

Keep in mind: Copying source code from a copyrighted page and putting it on your own page/claiming it IS ILLIGAL and you shouldn’t do it :P

EDIT: Sheep was already talking about this, the MDN