ImAnIdiot And SmashDoesMc

RedstonerAppeals → ImAnIdiot And SmashDoesMc

CLOSED

Type of ban / demotion

ehh 2 days

Ban/Demotion reason

“spam”

What I have done wrong

I wouldnt say smash and i did much wrong to be banned… i would say a kick would be normal for it but ehhh this just is like… what XD

basicly smash said s p a m in all seperate msges and i said p e n i s in all seperate letters… that tottaly isnt bannable if u ask me lel

Why I should be unbanned / re-promoted

Like its 5 letters for me and 4 for smash… like come on nemes XD

I’d have kicked or tempbanned for an hour max. Maybe I’m not harsh enough, I don’t know. I’m guessing this has been looked at more seriously because of what it was contributing to in chat.
all it was p e n i s more then that i didnt do XD so like ehh
I just want to add something. In this blame, Futsy says that it is “not that bad” : link . Therefore I assume that my spam was also “not that bad”, and nor was Burger’s.
well yeah it was stupid but like still 5 letters is bannable now?
Well if i was on Nemeses place i would ban you and Smash for max 5 hours or so, not 2 days, like litterally what Smash did was ’m' and “s p a m” you just wrote “p e n i s”, i don’t know, kinda not me the guy who decides.

@ImAnIdiot (and @PyjamaL1ama just for context), you spammed at the wrong time and the wrong person banned you, all Im gonna say. I know it was just 5 letters, sure, I would only kick for that - if it was the only spam - except it wasn’t, you were contributing to a spamming flock of sheep, instead of telling them to maybe stop.

It’s similar to instant-perma-ban for people that spam and joined a few minutes beforehand, because the fact its nearly the first thing they do makes it obvious that they just want to troll. Similar goes to you for this (and @SmashDoesMC too), use your brain next time before doing this, especially someone like you, burger, with a long list of previous warnings I would assume would be more careful.

==Edit:== @LogalCoder same opinion :P

i mean i would accept a 10 min ban for joining the spam group? but i rly give up with 2 days for like that ^
Well done,@Nemes just rekt all of us, gg.
This is some of the biggest BS I’ve ever seen tbh. 2 days for writing p e n i s in chat is maybe a tad bit excessive? Honestly, just why. People who have spammed before have only got 2 hours max or some shit. You on your period or some shit?
since when tho ive never fucking seen that b4 to be honest
@LogalCoder I love how some of these replies (looking at you @Jonny__) show little to no brain activity during writing them :D

I was online at the time and I would like to give my two cents.

I think all staff members have their own way of punishing an offense like this one. Nemes gave them a two day ban, others might have only done 2 hours. I think that (for them) the wrong staff member saw the thread first and executed the punishment accordingly. I will admit that some people were spamming more than others, but it doesn’t matter. Builders and trusted should not spam ever.

@ImAnIdiot Ive always done it, its just not that often that you see 5 people on the spam train
Wow, very mature nemes. I thought you would be the better person in this situation, but apparently you are always right cuz you are admin. Seems fair huh?
Jonny i laughed so bad XD
Also, if smash and burger did about 1/5 of the spam, why get the same ban?

so like if i send 5 msges after each other (fast typing ftw) and other people are spamming then im joining the spam train?

choo choo leave the spam train and join the ban train

Well Jonny i am asking the same Question, the other thing is that Nemes just banned Survaur
so like me and smash legit said 1 word and we get banned for joining the others FOR SAYING 1 WORD IN 5 FUCKING MSGES
Well i am quiting my job of trying to get Smash and Burger unbanned cuz i know i am gonna get banned xD

@Jonny__

but apparently you are always right cuz you are admin. Seems fair huh?

so far it does, I have already posted at least 2 replies describing why I did what I did, where as you havent said a single argument and/or reason for the ban to be different.

aaand for the rest of you, gonna quote logal again

Once again, as I already mentioned, we don’t use exact match to calculate an exact ban time, it’s based on context.

http://puu.sh/rkjJY/966f56fddc.jpg he getting banned to now? yes k 2 day ban and demote good good
thats probs legit more then i did
wow, I just quickly typed one sentence without spaces, are you going to kill me now @ImAnIdiot
yes read the fucking thing b4 u comment and u will see why i said that
Ok now thats not fair Burger, Red did it on purpose cuz he gotta go to bed m8

Well, If you are gonna persist that you are right and that I don’t have brain cells or whatever shitty comeback you tried to make earlier, I don’t give a shit okay? I think this is such bullshit that spam = instant 2 day ban? Where did the fucking warning or kick go?

where as you havent said a single argument and/or reason for the ban to be different.

I did if you look at my first message -_- and this one…

People who have spammed before have only got 2 hours max or some shit

i did it on purpose to then cuz i gotta go to bed? seems fair to me
logal idk what ur saying to close this but this definitly is not solved -,-

@LogalCoder exactly

==Locked==

-other staff can state opinions if you feel like it-

Yea, @Nemes, your Turn lock it cuz it’s goin outta control abit

I just want to add something. In this blame, Futsy says that it is “not that bad”

@SmashDoesMC the reason that was not so bad is because it was 1 person doing it and you 2, even though you didn’t spam much, contributed to a ongoing spamtrain so I have to agree that the 2 day ban will stay.

Everything else is said :P

Well my opinion hasn’t changed. I just wish everyone else would be more mature about stating theirs…
Saying one letter of a word per message for five messages is without a doubt spam. By its self not ban worthy (maybe kick worthy) BUT everyone seemed to forget the context, other people were spamming too, means your spam adds on the theirs and theirs adds to yours. Not trying to stop the spam and adding to it is ban worthy maybe two days is a bit much 1 day should have sufficed. This is completely justified and your idiotic responses saying you did nothing wrong should make the ban worse imo. So 2 days seems just fine

I am rather disappointed after reading this. Clearly, having a simple argument with some of the players is not really possible.

This is a bit of a complex topic. We never covered joining spam trains. But if it’s as I understand, you did send spam individually, for some reason triggered by other spammers. If you think about it, you didn’t do much, no, but the response to the other spam, assuming you wouldn’t have if others hadn’t been spamming, makes it a bit worse. Sticking to regulations, a kick would be issued, or a simple warning in chat. This is the logic of the players in disagreement, but let me just repeat that the ban was contextual. Burger, or whatever he’s called now, has a history of punishments, for similar things, and he hasn’t improved his behavior whatsoever.

Let me also clarify that we do not have mods or admins that are thrilled by their powers on the server. We would only abuse them in a bit of innocent trolling, I do that from time to time, but not in matters such as this one. If Nemes had, I’m sure you could find an actual good reason as to why the ban is too long. Unfortunately, 2 days probably won’t change a thing in Burger’s case. I don’t know about Smash though.

To all the players that contributed in this argument, please try to read what we, the staff members mostly, have to say about it, better. It’s actually quite ridiculous that the contextual point was ignored completely. The staff are doing their jobs in their free time, and they are not being paid for it. Please save us pointless arguments if you’re not actually listening to us and our responses, and stop repeating what’s been said already over and over again. We might have to introduce that this behaviour, of skipping half the answers in these arguments before throwing your own thoughts, or simply ignoring the points or explanations of the opposite party, is punishable too.

@Dico200 couldn’t have said it better, I’ll just point out a slight flaw in peoples argument of “it should have been a kick”, yeah sure, but there was nobody who could have kicked them online. Of course they would have probably stopped after a kick and the spam wouldn’t have been so huge, but that’s just pure speculation.
Just to clarify, I understand why they were punished more harshly than they perhaps would have been otherwise. In fact, I think I may even agree somewhat. After some discussion on Slack, I’m going to start ‘cracking down’ on toxic behaviour. And I think we’re done here now- it is locked, after all.
This thread is locked.