Linux - suggestions?

Off topicOther → Linux - suggestions?

After hearing of a few of my friends, and an expert opinion @redstone_sheep, I now dual boot with linux ubuntu, out with my buggy windows 7 hp.

I am very new to linux, and I realize choosing ubuntu may not have been the wisest decision.

Anyways, any suggestions for partitions or whatever?

Any suggestions on advice on ubuntu?

So about my windows. My windows 7 hp combined with my graphics card has a very serious issue, which on the phone with windows, I keep getting denied help or advice on what to do about the bug. SO I want to know what you guys might do about it. The bug is a registry problem. My graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce GTS 240, and it comes with something called PowerMizer. Well, what’s the problem? PowerMizer will cause my graphics card to underclock itself when it’s not very active, but this is VERY BUGGY. In many games, it will underclock itself at any time, and in my case causing a massive OpenGL problem. This all causes my computer to crash and black screen. The registry problem is that PowerMizer exists, and is assigned with stupid values. I want to get rid of PowerMizer period, but don’t want to mess with my registry. Any suggestions will help. <3

Pyah

Like a finely tuned drumskin.