Failed attempts

Not much, the server crashed within 1 minute of FitMC joining

Server

Time

Time span: 1 minute (about) 2016-10-18 ~11:50

Grief

No

Proof

@Doomblah @KrazyKrafter105 @DaFatMan922 @Mr_Awesome773 and everyone else on the server who I cannot remember saw the bots Screenies ![alt_text] (https://i.imgur.com/iVtbk68.png) ![alt_text] (https://i.imgur.com/QOzBFFt.png) ![alt_text] (https://i.imgur.com/sZdqlCW.png) if you want more evidence, https://imgur.com/a/jrmzD is all of the screenshots I managed to take before I left due to lag

Marked as solved

I banned “Fit” hes the streamer. no way we could ban all those stream viewers, but likely none of them will ever come back.
Either that, or we just got free promotion

this was anything BUT promotion

if anything, we gained one player from the stream

If I see any one of those fuckers, I will make them regret they ever decided to watch the stream. And possibly everything they’ve ever done.

I think we all know about this now.
Also, I believe trying to crash ports or systems with traffic purposely is illegal . . . if it is, then we have the leverage to make fitmc apologize publicly and repay the damage if that’s what the servers that actually crashed want
But thanks to @Doomblah and /kickall and whitelisting, redstoner.com never went down ;-)
Sounds interesting

Yea since email spam is very much illegal in this great country we live in @Nyxwolfy (murca y@y) and so is doxxing, which is basically used to crash servers or steal info, then just simply crashing other serverside purposely would be the same right?

Hmmmmm, I might actually go read some law stuff online, which is unusual . . .

The server, as well as the person legally responsible for it are located in germany and therefor german laws apply. Also, as it was 500 individual people each doing nothing illegal, it’s gonna be tough to press charges against one of them - depending on the statements taken in the stream it could be possible or not, I don’t know the details of what happened.

Doxxing and email spam are something completely different:

Spam is defined(in a mail/electronic mail context) as unwanted messages. Those are allowed as longas they are necessary meaning that you can’t sue that online shop for sending you a bill - like you don’twantthe bill -> it’s spam… Doesn’t work that way.

Doxxing is defined as revealing a persons personal information such as legal name, address, contact details, bank account details, whatever. Mentioning a publicly accessible server ip in a stream is not doxxing. Doxxing would be if you told me your phone number in private and I put it on the forums. On this matter, it can also be doxxing even if you just compile the information that is publicly available (like collecting details on various public services) and then giving it to an audience that would never had given a fuck.

The thing you meant is DDoS. Distributed Denial of Service.

A DDoS attack is usually illegal in most modern countries, that includes germany and probably the home country of that streamer too. So if you can prove that he purposely raised the traffic to an unusual high number, or any other limited ressource for that matter - like cpu/ram, by using a network of nodes (each node could be an individual human btw), then there might be a chance of taking legal action against everyone involved in it. But that’s going to be tough as each individual can claim they were just joining by coincidence/individually and you can not provebeyond a legal doubtthat they had intentions to participate in the attack if they have not maye such a statement.

I hope that clears up the legal fog a bit :)

Well… New player record? I’m just sayin'.
Eeeeey yea ~ 1200 ppl!
The guy who linked redstoner.com in the stream got banned, the streamer got banned, most others will likely never come back to do such a thing again, set as solved?
someone should have screenshotted
Screenshoted watt?

Also, I was talking about the servers that actually crashed

Although there was no physical damage (from what I know, unless you hijack BIOS, there isn’t much hardware damage), smaller servers who pay for bandwidth can possibly claim that they had to pay more in Internet fees and they got a crash instead of new players/supporters

Or maybe ports jammed or something Idk

(Also sidenotey here, is /kickall a vanilla command? Because why does it say that java thing instead of “you have been kicked” or something like that?)

@C2Lredstone screenshotted the 200 players on, of course :p

Also, I was talking about the servers that actually crashed

If there has been an attack, no matter if sucessfull or not, legal charges can be pressed.

Although there was no physical damage (from what I know, unless you hijack BIOS, there isn’t much hardware damage), smaller servers who pay for bandwidth can possibly claim that they had to pay more in Internet fees and they got a crash instead of new players/supporters

WTF are you talking about? Yeah sure you can claim that more player = more bandwidth but isn’t that normal? I though that was common sense. If you host a server then you should know that when more people are on, more bandwidth will be used. Data doesn’t magically get teleported between the server and the clients. And if you pay per bandwidth used then that’s stupid anyways, but again that’s what you have to expect. There’s nothing you can claim from anyone to be paid back. No attack happened. People joined, the server couldn’t handle it. It was not a botnet. You can’t prove beyond a reasonable doubt that one person, or several, have run an attack on the server. The streamer was asked to “join the server, it would make my ==weeg==” so he went there, and the mob wanted to see the streamer so they followed him. Noone had the intention to crash anything if you use that as reasoning. You can’t deny that it happened that way except when someone stated that they have that intention. The stream title doesn’t count btw.

Or maybe ports jammed or something Idk

Dafuq? Ports aren’t like drains xD You can’t just jam two ports and leave the rest untouched. It’s more like either you fill up the entire system or the attack goes unnoticed by the end user at least. But even if that would be how to do it, this still doesn’t make any legal action possible for those affected by a few players joining and spamming. None of the individual acts are prohibited in any state that I’d know of. A minecraft server is not a public space, therefor public laws don’t apply. Exceptions are being made, like you can’t shoot someone in your home (well when you’re not living in fucking ‘MURICA) just because it’s a private space - the same way you can’t share copyrighted contents or malware in a private space. But coming there? No law against it. Spamming the chat? I can’t find any regulations about spamming a game servers chat. Using the bandwidth of a server while using their service(s)? That’s a necessarity. You can’t use my service without generating traffic. Please read up on legal matter and on computer matter before spreading this BS :3

(Also sidenotey here, is /kickall a vanilla command? Because why does it say that java thing instead of “you have been kicked” or something like that?)

Nope, it’s an essentials command but if you don’t give it a reason then it derps I think :P

You may want to see this, some of your members got mad, and I am happy now that Fit replied to all of you hating on him, ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm9YKSW4dn8

(Also, if it wasn’t for me, 1200 people would not be the record, and also the accounts weren’t bots, they were FitMC’s 8 year old fans)

You may want to see this, some of your members got mad, and I am happy now that Fit replied to all of you hating on him, ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm9YKSW4dn8

(Also, if it wasn’t for me, 1200 people would not be the record, and also the accounts weren’t bots, they were FitMC’s 8 year old fans)

For the record, fuck you. Second of all, fuck you. Third of all, fuck you. Fourth of all, fuck you. Fifth of all, fuck you. Sixth of all, fuck that winky face, you cheeky bastard. Seventh of all, you should be website banned, nobody appreciates you anymore. Literally everyone’s “birthday"s have passed, and you’re the only one to start this internet war. #AND WE’RE SUPPOSED TO THANK YOU FOR THIS 200 PLAYER MAX LIMIT? NOT EVEN CLOSE TO 1200, RETARD.

use single player bruh to do redstone, no need for servers, way less laggy and it none of this would happen. 😉
Ghost are you actually mentally unstable?
Omfg did he actually not know anything about the server and say a bunch of shit as if his head did stuff?

use single player bruh to do redstone, no need for servers, way less laggy and it none of this would happen. 😉

I wish YOU didn’t happen, you little shit.

‘Nuff of this bullshit.

This thread is locked.