Daily MOTD

ArchivesFeature requests → Daily MOTD

CLOSED

Hallo ther.

This is just something that I’ve been thinking about for a while, and I think it would be a pretty interesting idea - a daily MOTD.

MOTD stands for “Message Of The Day,” and would appear on the description of Redstoner in your server list, and when you run /motd (this command is already in place). The MOTD would change daily, and would consist of funny and/or redstone-related statements, maybe even rejected /lol ideas that were still somewhat funny. It would update at a specified time each day.

Of course, someone would have to manage what the MOTD said every day, and that person could be me. Every day, I would think about what the MOTD could be, and ask for the opinions of others. I could give a mod/admin the MOTD for the day and they would enter it at the specified change time.

Now, the person who manages the MOTD doesn’t HAVE to be me, nor does it HAVE to be just one person. There could be a chat group for the MOTD that discusses it every day, and submits it when a majority consensus is reached.

Please consider this idea.

(Honestly though, the current text for Redstoner in the server list isn’t really that useful anyway, as it says “Redstoner 1.8”, which really only has a meaning to those that were on before Redstoner 1.8 was launched, and “1.10 client supported”, which seems to contradict the previous line of text and leaves new visitors in confusion).

In fact, I believe that it would be well noticed if it was in the color of /lols, as it would stand out from the background of the server-select screen and the red color of the Redstoner logo. Also, it wouldn’t require a large amount of work, as a mod would only have to enter it at a certain time (or you tech wizzos could automate that).
-1 Agreed with logal, nobody checks the motd
-1 It definitely would be noticed. Still don’t really like the idea though.