./cycle

ArchivesFeature requests → ./cycle

CLOSED

K so im not asking for this thing to be removed. im just asking it to be off when u join for the first time. i’ve seen alot of visitors asking others whats happening to theyre invetory so yeah..

*Closed by pep. We decided to make abot smarter to deal with those things and link to the proper pages instead of removing the feature entirely."

No thanks I actually use this and love it.
… i said i dont want it removed….
It is pretty useful for most people if you don’t like it, turn it off. I think it is alright as it is.
Does no1 get what i mean? Jesus
I do get what you mean and I’m against it.

The funny thing is that quite a few new players who join this server often ask how to turn off cycle, provided they even figure out what it is. For example, I took around 3 weeks after joining this server to find out how to turn of cycle as I found it really annoying.

So +1

Yes I gotcha burger :D

In that case I don’t get what you’re getting to.

People won’t learn how to play to the best they are able to if it’s not enabled by default.

Yeah, I agree with Burger. I’ve seen new players ask how to turn it off and it just seems easier to have it off by default. +1
+1 It’s annoying the new players even they don’t know and it’s annoying to have to tell them every time.
Finnaly 2 ppl get it
Well they are asking how to turn it off so like i dont think they want it and sooner or later they may find out it exists?
-1 Agreed with logal.
^ logal. My words. Stop it.

Who cares how to play the “best”? After all, doing redstone depends on raw skill. If you consider it, only the very advanced players love to use it, and how many is that compared to those who like to do redstone with the normal settings? The only way to do redstone the “best” way is after you practice and advance in it, not having your hotbar change when you don’t want it to. And if you’re gonna start saying things like “But Fully, what if we want to do redstone fast?” I will suggest you to explore commands yourself, since the majority of redstoners like to take it as a puzzle, not a pressure cooker.

If you are completely up against disabling cycle for new players, at least have a personal message pop up for the new player telling them what is cycle and how to disable it as briefly as possible.

P.S, I’m sorry if I’m too harsh, I just like roasting weak points.

How is this a roast? This is a bit of toast that has like the slightest brown layer
+1 Like I want it off when you join

Who cares how to play the “best”? After all, doing redstone depends on raw skill. If you consider it, only the very advanced players love to use it, and how many is that compared to those who like to do redstone with the normal settings? The only way to do redstone the “best” way is after you practice and advance in it, not having your hotbar change when you don’t want it to. And if you’re gonna start saying things like “But Fully, what if we want to do redstone fast?” I will suggest you to explore commands yourself, since the majority of redstoners like to take it as a puzzle, not a pressure cooker.

I imply that you could be a much better redstoner quite quickly and that all it takes is asking about it to stop using it, and you might want to start using it again soon after (something that’s occurred to me) and realising what I’m implying isn’t hard as I’ve made it quite obvious. Additionally, practice makes perfect as the saying goes and you aren’t going to get much better if you ignore the resources that have been handed to you on a plate.

P.S not sorry for coming off harsh, common sense is something everyone has.

P.P.S That’s not even roasting, I’d rather you use a word when you know it’s definition so you actually use it correctly, and it isn’t a weak point as I’ve explained above. Yours in fact, is a rather weak point.

oh god, my eyes

Can we just say yes or no instead of turning this into an english class

Holy shit im closing this
Scroll up. Read what Fully said. That’s what I think. And as it happens, countless people have asked me how to turn it off, it’s annoying as fuck and it wouldn’t affect any of you if it were off by default anyway. So I’m reopening this and giving a +1337. I’ve asked for this in AC before as well :P
+1 but make it so that /cycle is at the top of the redstoner tips’n’tricks page in stead of chat groups (i would think that most players couldn’t be bothered to scrole down the page and would give up)
I like epmechs idea lots, rather than burgers.
Logal ur taking /cycle to serious its just an invetory switcher
Well, @Bob_Dinkleburg , you can’t do much about it, can you… so just adapt to our tolerences. After all, its not like we live in a world where everyone is perfect…

It’s not that annoying, but they ask other questions, and some probably get sick of asking questions.

How about this idea: Instead of disabling it, the first time they use it they get a message explaining what it is, and how turn it off. So that they at least know that it exist, and how to turn it off if they want to.

How about an info page for everything you need to know for brand new players
i think we have a conclusion
Thath info page exists already. You know, it has even been mentioned before in this thread. I rather like the idea of a little notification on first use and how to torn it off/what it is. But I agree with logal tbh. Yes, there are a few particulary annoying players - but ppl asking anout cycle can’t be more annoying than “how do I place slabs on the bottom?” - yet noone has complained about that so far. Think about that.
I’ve complained about that so many times, as well as asking for it to be off by default, Pep :P