Opinions on a potential upcoming build.

Off topicElectronics → Opinions on a potential upcoming build.

#The main build

This is a build I’m considering saving up for. It would be appreciated if you could give me some feedback / opinions on the build :') (It’s going to be used for recording / playing overwatch and streaming Minecraft with shaders). I am using an installer my uncle has to install windows, hence why I haven’t got that on the list.

#Peripherals

Peripheral-wise, I hope to be getting the MX master for productivity, the CM storm havoc for gaming (alongside my steelseries rival 100) and the Corsair K95 RGB (Cherry MX browns). I already have a set of studio grade headphones so I might use that for my headphones on the build.

Yes it should be able to.
looks good but I dont see why you would need DDR4 2666 and pay so much for it.
Setup looks good, just not too sure a gtx 960 can run heavy shaders or max settings on overwatch but its as decent as you can get it for ~1000£ :D

max settings

I never mentioned I wanted it on max settings lol, and my friend w/ a 960 and a an i7-4790k can stream with heavy shaders at over 1kfps so whatever tf you say lol, and I didn’t mention that I want quite intensive shaders anywhere smh, I like Seus' shaders which aren’t all that intensive at all (even at max) but you seem to like assuming shit so k.

looks good but I dont see why you would need DDR4 2666 and pay so much for it.

Uh, making sense please?

well I dont see why you would need such fast ram and pay so much more then for DDR4 1866 mhz
yea, I have 1833 mhz ddr3 8gb which i got for $40 USD. . . also, wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, I got an $80 corsair spec 02 for $30 that day last year

@Bob_Dinkleburg @CookieRedstone I don’t think either of you have done your homework. Intel doesn’t exactly recommend DDR3 RAM and PC part picker doesn’t even offer anything less than the lowest spec DDR4.

^(That is, for reference, the motherboard I choose would have compatibility issues with DDR3 and lower RAM and so PCPP doesn’t want to give me suggestions on it)

get a xeon ;) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well @0xD15EA5E DDR4 2666 is blazing fast and I don’t think it is worth spending so much money on, going with slower DDR4 is a beter idea.
Yeah agreed with cookie

get a xeon ;)

What you’re looking for is the compensator. ^(yes I legitimately made this when I was bored once)

much money

I hate cheap ram lol

blazing fast

Handy then!

Yeah agreed with cookie

Oh fucking hell you knew I was printing the list off speak up next time smh

@0xD15EA5E just saying the RAM in your ==Compensator== is slower then the RAM that you had in your planned build.
Hurr Durr doesn’t take much to notice I just put a load of expensive things together when I was bored fucking hell if I wanted to go for actually decent specs I would’ve spent more than 3 minutes making it.
considering just the CPU/GPU, you MIGHT be able to run MS-DOS. IDK though
But Barry I’m not gonna stop you asking for what you want, if your parents know nothing about computers you may even get it xD