New Rank or Add on to Trusted [Solved in the forum of Helper Rank. Action was not taken with this post in mind]

ArchivesFeature requests → New Rank or Add on to Trusted [Solved in the forum of Helper Rank. Action was not taken with this post in mind]

SOLVED

What feature do you want:

A new rank or add on to trusted to allow for kick

Why do you think it’s a good idea:

It would be a good idea for the reasons brought up in this thread

So, before you instantly move to that reply button without reading this whole thread just hear me out. Currently we do have an add on to Trusted which is the retired rank circle. For the problems told said in the thread linked above like

Trusted means we trust you enough to let you build in the trusted world with no fear of greifing, and to have infinite WE. Giving the permission to kick other players is a whole other level of trust that I frankly wouldn’t be OK with giving to most trusted users. -DoomBlah

I totally understand the statement Doom says and I believe not all Trusted member are mature enough to handle kick permissions, but a quote said from Bob Dinkleburg

-1 Not every trusted member has gotten the “training” needed to know when it’s appropriate to kick users. And yes, you could say only a couple trusted players have it, but by they point that should just have staff rank. And besides, I think it’s agreeable there are a couple trusted members who can’t really be trusted enough for kick privileges. -Bob Dinkleburg

I don’t really believe the statement said by him specifically “you could say only a couple trusted players have it, but by they point that should just have staff rank”, because if a player that has the ability to kick shouldn’t mean they should have staff already.

So making a new rank would make sense, with the arguments given in the thread linked above, since it will remove the maturity lacking in all the Trusted members and I won’t say my argument trumps Bob Dinkleburg’s but you could understand what I’m going with it

Lastly, after you have read all this I give you permission to do the good ol' -1 and +1 ’s that we all sure love.

Neutral, kick the ACTUAL non trusted players off the Trusted rank. Don’t add a new rank, just only privileges.

COUGH TRUSTED IS TRUSTED FOR A REASON

Okay, first off, I agree with Nyx, but that’s not a popular opinion, so what about this:

Instead of a whole new rank, how about a sub-rank(Trusted+, idk) The players name color is the same(&3) but it has a light blue/aqua dot at the end.

If none of this is ever pass, can we at least reinstate it for Retired mods.

Logal, your first point would be invalid for this, as not every trusted would get it. Your second point: I see why you say this, but no bring trusted to do /kick when no, /kick are on our a completely different level of trust from /ban, bring able to build anywhere, having social spy, ect.

1st paragraph: make it required to use /login

2nd paragraph: fair point

3rd paragraph: (At least I) Try this as much as possible, but there are times where i have no choice but to leave, and no mods are available.

A new rank or add on to trusted to allow for kick

so basically mod rank? yeah… no.

-1 Not every trusted member has gotten the “training”

I 100% agree with this and it would not even be worth making a people More trusted than trusted. we trust them to now grief in /tr but that doesn’t mean we trust them with permissions to kick.

So making a new rank would make sense

No, we have mod rank, that’s more than enough. If you want to help the server and you’re from the US, go apply or something. -3

-1, apply for staff
I don’t think that trusted should have access to any more than they already do, but maybe give /kick perms to retired?
For the reasons that @RedSheepMC stated, and because I think that pan is trying to get permissions back without being staff, -666 this is just a generally bad idea and i think we all know it, and as @Redempt said, if you think we trust you enough, APPLY FOR STAFF ALREADY FFS!
-1 for reasons stated above

If this has been requested twice within a short time span, it means that some people have the feeling this is needed. The reason for that is, I believe, the fact that quite often there’s no staff online even though a certain situation that would require the staff intervention is occuring (usually chat spam). Thus, the real problem would be the lack of staff presence.

I don’t know if there’s enough staff members, and I do not ask them to become playtime farmers (like MisaXage and I were in the past héhé). But still, it’s easy to notice that something is wrong when 4 of them are on at the same time and then are gone the next hour.

Since there’s always some trusted on, giving more perms to them is the easy and simple solution, but it creates more problems aftewards. Giving more perms to some people in particular has been done in the past: that was the helper rank, and it was working pretty well. If it’s brought back to life, well, it will probably be removed after some time, like in the past.

So the best solutions seem to be more regular staff recruiting (which can’t be controlled since you don’t know when a good application will appear) or the helper rank thing (quicker to do, as you “simply” need to select a few trustworthy and very active players, easier said than done I guess).

Maybe /kick for retired trusted only?

-1, apply for staff

Also Redempt. There’s a limit on staff applications, you know -.-

I don’t think that trusted should have access to any more than they already do, but maybe give /kick perms to retired?

Kick perms to retired seems to be the most popular option right now, and doesn’t seem to be too too bad, since they were once moderators/staff before.

Kick perms to retired seems to be the most popular option right now

No, if you retire you will lose your perms. some of the retired people have been retired over a year ago. Why would we trust some retired people that some of us don’t fully know anymore with any staff permissions. (doesn’t mean I don’t know any, but some are just unknown and it’s just a tag)

I stick with my -1

==Go apply for staff==

Go apply for staff

Well, staff has a lot more than we asked, plus a lot more requirements. Some of us just need to be able to stop problems when staff isn’t online. Besides, it’s either all staff are afk, no staff on, or a crapload of staff on. Third situation is the least likely.

Have a rank that shows the more trusted players within the trusted players.

Agreed with that one too, since I’ve also seen trusted people be careless and stupid.

Staff have experiance

What experiance? Just learning commands which you can more or less learn with /help? Or do you consider the ‘experiance’ just having the permission to use the commands?

P.s, I might look like I’m trying to get all the perks but, to be fairly honest I’m very neutral about this decision.

@Eldras but the problem was helper WASN’T working. You were one at the same time as me, when we ended up getting MIT. You’ve experienced firsthand how we weren’t seen as particularly useful and sometimes were actively disliked. I’m not sure helper would be a good idea to have back.

Go apply for staff

You know quite a lot of people can’t do that because of the fact they are from Europe. Did I mention the fact you may reapply twice? Oh yes…

Tbh I dont agree with the actual idea, I agree woth having more mods.

Sadly, some of them aren’t mature (me for example) and isn’t old enough to apply (me for example)

Thats just my opinions boi

Whilst I disagree with the idea of giving trusted /kick I do think the criteria for it should be changed.
Sorry for not posting somwthing relevant, but what do you mean @0xD15EA5E ?

Well at the moment it’s quite simple and also quite flawed.

What I suggest is instead of voting yes to someone being trusted (the way it works right now) they should ask their selves questions like “would I trust them with /kick” etc.

If no then why the fuck should they be trusted?

I’m not sure the staff would be happy with me explaining exactly how the current system is though wkwkwk

Current trusted system is really simple. I suggest someone, people discuss what they think and then we agree on yes or no.

If we would put kick into the trusted perms then we would basically have to take most of peoples ranks away. I wouldn’t trust anyone who I have not interviewed about how they would react to certain situations. Also, kicking doesn’t fucking help anyone. I get kicked, I come back, I spam the fuck out of chat again. And now? Sure you can keep kicking me but then chat is getting spammed with kickmessages, I still got my goal achieved. You’d also need tban perms but then people can ban for basically infinite durations, they just gotta refresh the ban every so often, given that we limit the duration to a day or so. Aka a trusted player would need the power to ban someone, else it’s useless. And I’m just gonna say that’s an absolute no-go. Just because you know not to grief doesn’t mean you know how to apply punishments.

Closed after throughout discussion in staff meeting
or just make an anti spam filter
I got mentioned agaiN LOGAL DAMN IT WHY

@Bob_Dinkleburg the conditions should be pretty simple actually…

-if someone repeats the same message say 10 times within a time span -if someone sends loads of different messages within a time span -if someone sends a long message that is all caps -if someone repeats the same character a certain number of times in one message

@Bob_Dinkleburg

Gets falsely kicked for explaining legitimate pretty quickly

Alright first off that was four messages. I mean like if someone spams the abcs, then they would do it much quicker and write many more messages.

There are some cases where all caps make sense to be used

???? When?

which pretty much fools most AIs.

Fairs but you could put a filter that kicks you if you repeat the same character say 50 or so times

float count = 0;
		message = message.replaceAll("[§&].", "").replaceAll(" ", "");
		int size = message.length();
		message = message.replaceAll("[0-9 \\\\\\.\\?!_:;%=`´'~\\(\\)\\*\\-+/\\^\"#\\$\\[\\]{}@™]", "");
		if (message.length() < 3)
			return 0f;
		String capsMsg = message.toUpperCase();
		for (int i = 0; i < message.length(); i++)
			if (message.charAt(i) == capsMsg.charAt(i))
				count++;
		return count / size;
	}```

Complicated enough? And this one only detects caps and not even spam. With an 80% treshold it won't find stuff like "HAHAHA YOU SUCK lol xD" but still gives a false positive on "xDDDD". Or when I say "WB DIAM0NDMIN3R3000" that one is considered caps all over the place but it's just "wb" and a name. I tried it and it sucked. Just using it as a notification right now, I'm still doing the actual "was that caps?" myself. If you know how to make it in a good way though, feel free to submit code via a PR through git.

For spam, this would go even more ridiculous. Someone counting down from 3 to 0 is not really kick or warn worthy, but it's 4 single chars in individual messages sent within a short timespan. But again, if you have the almighty solution to this, a perfect system, then as I said feel free to PR it using git. I'd love documentation on it or at least a few comments on how what works and why you do it that way as it's gonna be quite the complex code and if we gotta administrate that some day, oh boy.

Anyways this one has been discussed elsewhere too already and this one is closed so I guess that's it now.

@Pepich1851

Someone counting down from 3 to 0

That’s why you make the spam filter detect something more like 10-15 messages in a short time not 4

WB DIAM0NDMIN3R3000

That’s why I said LONG message, something more like 40+ chars