Visitor Message

ArchivesFeature requests → Visitor Message

CLOSED

What feature do you want: A plugin that checks every few hours if a certain number/percentage of visitors have been on the server for 7+ days. If so, the plugin will send a message in chat that tells visitors to visit the ranks page on redstoner.com and learn the requirements of ranking up.

Why do you think it’s a good idea: The most important and obvious reason its that visitors do not always know that they can rank up, either because they don’t know that they can rank up so soon after their first login or because ranks cost money on many servers. This idea would make it easier for visitors to rank up after a week of activity and it would also bring less confusion about ranks.

MintyEdit:Closed (duplicate)

How about once a player has been on the server for 7 days. Then it sends a message to them. Maybe make it pop up every time they log on? +1 in General anyways.

Maybe make it pop up everytime they log on?

What if they don’t want to rankup though or can’t understand what the message is saying, would it not be annoying as hell to them to have to read it everytime they log on?

That’s the main reason I put a question mark, however you know that it’s going to be overridden by chat quite fast, which makes it useless anyways. So nvm then.
You could make like a list of the people that have been on for a week that the staff can see and staff can like tell them about it
Orrr you could do it for all visitors instead
Very nice idea Yummy, +1!

Looking back on this, it seems kind of unnecessary.

closed

Actually, it is, and you explained it very well! :/

^(Sorry for posting on a closed thread, I think I’ve added something to the post.)

Sorry for necroposting, but @YummyRedstone get that Santa hat off your skin.