GWJ_Sheep (GWJ_Derp)

RedstonerAppeals → GWJ_Sheep (GWJ_Derp)

SOLVED

#Type of ban / demotion Around 30 days

Ban/Demotion reason

Rule 22 Organised/Similar Name-change.

What I have done wrong

Well, first off RedSheepMC came on with his new name AnotherSheep, he then mentions all the sheep names. I thought he was joking about “personally kill you”, so I decided (for some reason) to change my name to GWJ_Sheep. He explains what I did wrong and showed me rule 22, then Sheep temporarily bans me, well before that he did just said the reasons so yes I do think this action of mine is a stupid idea after the ban

Why I should be unbanned / re-promoted

I am so sorry for being a stupid one xD the Redstoner staff didn’t do anything wrong, and I wish to get unbanned because quickly enough, after the ban I realized it was a dumb idea to change my name to GWJ_Sheep, now yes we had these kind of cases before but it was a long time before that I forgot which is also my fault. Once again sorry for being a dumbo about the rules, if you could accept this appeal I would really appreciate it. This was my first time getting banned for 1 month so I was a little bit suprised but I remembered that changing the names to something like uhh.. I think rule 22? Anyways the consenquence would be 30 days.

Sorry If this appeal is a bit eh, its my first time writing an appeal on the forums so it might be hard to read :/

Solved by pep: Ban reduced to a total of three days

What the… Why did you het banned for having Sheep in your IGN, seriously what the fuck?

He is not preventing anyone from having a nickname, he is not annoying anyone. Who banned him?

It was redsheepmc, in case you’re wondering

Please dont get mad at me redsheep ;(

@CookieRedstone I believe you’re just plain stupid. Let me quote rule 22.

Organized name changes to uniform or similar names (Example: Nyxis, Nyxiss, Nyxis_) is not allowed and may result in a 30 day tempban (or until the names are changed).

Do your research before posting a stupid reply that will make no change whatsoever.

==edit: did you read his appeal? I think it’s clear it says: “RedSheepMC”==

Sheep temporarily bans me

Sorry didn’t see that at first, you’re right @AnotherSheep .

Here are rules 21 and 22:

Changing your name to annoy someone else or prevent them from using nicknames, it will result in a 30 day tempban or a tempban until the name change is reverted.

Organized name changes to uniform or similar names (Example: Nyxis, Nyxiss, Nyxis_) is not allowed and may result in a 30 day tempban (or until the names are changed).

So I see you got around to editing the rules last week, maybe it is a good idea to mention that the rules were changed to prevent things like these from happening.

Next time, as a mod you should warn someone, instead of saying you’re going to kill them.

Makes ==sence== to me. Also why are you calling me plain stupid? ==I am acting very much my age.==

He explains what I did wrong and showed me rule 22

Think I did that pretty clearly. Also, if you don’t know the rules it’s not our mistake

Back to topic though: I hope some other staff can react to your appeal and that we can come with a solution. (for example a nickname). Good luck!

==Think I did that pretty clearly==. Also, if you don’t know the rules it’s not our mistake

Then atleast notify people to read the rules again, since this was not a rule before.

Cookie this has been a rule for ages, months. this is not a new rule. People should know this time for another quote yay

Please note if you were banned and you didn’t read the rules, you cannot use that as an excuse in your ban appeal (if you make one).

But anyway get the hell back to topic you.

No it was not a rule, read this.

It is not even solved yet! This was not a rule, and now it is, but no one said the rules were edited! If you are going to change the rules, tell us about it. He did not break rule 21, he broke rule 22, which is a new rule that was not announced by anyone.

No we are not checking that page everyday to see if something has changed

Edit: back on topic, no, this is what this discussion is about. About rule 22. And the fact that we couldn’t really have known it was changed.

fun fact, this was 7 months ago.

Cookie this has been a rule for ages, months.

What point are you trying to make? I had to read rules over and over when applying for mod. I know I have seen this. The topic we’re on is about GWJ’s appeal

No we are not checking that page everyday to see if something has changed

Not our problem. I’d be closing this by now but I won’t let you ruin GWJ’s chance on an unban.

==edit: I applied 3 months ago, maybe a bit later. ==

Look at @Hardfg his post, it is not even marked as solved yet! Noone said this was a rule now so how could Justine know? I am not trying to ruin his chance on an unban, I am saying you are wrong and I am right.

Well firstly I just have to say I agree with @AnotherSheep about the ban and the reasoning he have put in his replies. Secondly I just have one thing to say to you @CookieRedstone :

If you are going to change the rules, tell us about it. He did not break rule 21, he broke rule 22, which is a new rule that was not announced by anyone. No we are not checking that page everyday to see if something has changed

We do not care if you check the rules everyday, but you should read them or atleast check if they have been edited recently sometimes. And then to the announcing thingy: Why should we announce everything we as staff do? should we start announcing everytime we make a commit to github? or everytime we promote someone to member (I mean on the website not on the server)? The thing is that even if we doesn’t change the rules much, but when we do it is usually something a player have asked for on the forums like in the post you have linked and therefore you should have checked the rules not so long after the post was made, to see if the rules have been edited.

Please note if you were banned and you didn’t read the rules, you cannot use that as an excuse in your ban appeal (if you make one).

This is one of the first lines in the rules page. So basically not knowing/reading the rules regulary isn’t an excuse to get unbanned.

flies away

No, you don’t need to announce useless shit like a reply on github, but important shit as the rules!

If you change the rules and don’t tell us you are waiting for someone to break a rule they don’t know existed.

please read the last quote I made cookie

He probably read the rules, but not the updated rules since noone said the rules were updated.

Well as redsheep replied with: The last rule we added was around 7 months ago. So if you haven’t read the rules since then, you can’t complain.
I’d suggest not closing this yet, but I do suggest to cookie to not reply to this thread anymore because you’ll only ruin chances and it will not change anything at all.

The last rule we added was around 7 months ago.

Uhm, no?

Why @AnotherSheep I am not ruining his chance of getting unbanned, all I’m trying to point out is that the reason you banned him for was pretty dumb. You should have warned him (saying that you will kill him is NOT a good warning) and whoever changed the rules should have notified the community about it to avoid confusions.

==Last edited a week ago.==

Alright sorry that its closed (i know) but @CookieRedstone u got banned for the same thing once u know the rules. So why do you even bother?

Re-opend for other staff’s opinions.

==edit: if we do accept this, please react with clearly stated opinions.==

==BEFORE THE CHANGE==

[10:15:59] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Greek_GameRz → so many sheeps [10:16:04] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Derp → if only there is something to brighten up the situation, the oh so boring situation [10:16:04] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherName → xD [10:16:14] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Suravur → thats why the name is AnotherSheep [10:16:23] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → because there’s too many sheep [10:16:30] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Suravur → like the blue one [10:16:33] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Suravur → and the red one [10:16:34] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → lol [10:16:38] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → I am the red one [10:16:40] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Derp → thats it, Im changing batteries [10:16:45] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Derp → this one is fucking up [10:16:49] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Suravur → and the yellow one [10:16:53] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Suravur → and the minecrafter one [10:16:56] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → and the scottish one [10:17:00] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → and the vanilla one [10:17:01] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Suravur → and the russian one [10:17:11] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Suravur → and the one one [10:17:17] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → /seen Mr_ScottishSheep [10:17:24] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Greek_GameRz → AnotherSheep can you make my name red for a momment?? [10:17:28] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Derp → XD [10:17:29] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Suravur → wtf [10:17:33] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Suravur → scottish sheep [10:17:36] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Suravur → ahahhhaah [10:17:40] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Derp → ima change my name to GWJ_Sheep [10:17:43] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Derp → jk [10:17:51] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Suravur → Sheepstoner.com [10:17:52] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → I’ll personally kill you [10:17:57] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Derp → orly [10:18:07] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → actually my test server is called SheepStoner [10:18:09] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → where I dev [10:18:13] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Suravur → hahaha [10:18:24] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → I also made a copy of mineplex called SheepPlex [10:18:26] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Derp → orly, are you gonna personally kil me if i change names? :o [10:18:30] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → but I got that removed [10:18:32] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → yes GWJ_Derp. [10:18:41] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Derp → wait [10:18:42] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → xD [10:18:43] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Derp → dont kill me now [10:18:45] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Derp → later [10:18:47] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Derp → just wait [10:18:48] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Derp → :> [10:18:56] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → you on minechat m8? [10:19:02] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Derp → ? [10:19:05] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → ah nvm [10:19:36] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → 3/0 = ∞ :> [10:19:46] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Derp → hehe

==AFTER THE CHANGE==

[10:23:00] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Suravur → hahaahahahaha [10:23:07] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Sheep → hehe [10:23:07] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Greek_GameRz → all the sheps [10:23:11] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Sheep → im shep [10:23:13] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → GWJ_Sheep [10:23:15] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Sheep → ? [10:23:20] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → gl on your 30 day ban [10:23:23] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Sheep → shit [10:23:29] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → for real. [10:23:34] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Sheep → oh kay [10:23:36] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → :C [10:23:38] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Sheep → :( [10:23:42] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Shroomyjoe → wat [10:23:42] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Sheep → though [10:23:47] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → appeal pls [10:23:49] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Sheep → oke [10:24:41] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → bye GWJ_Sheep :C [10:24:46] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Sheep → wait [10:24:47] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Sheep → uh [10:24:50] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Sheep → just one last thing [10:24:52] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → ? [10:24:59] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Sheep → if my appeal gets accepted somehow by miracle [10:25:04] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Sheep → would i get nicked or something? [10:25:16] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → idk, we’ll see :-PPP [10:25:19] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Suravur → what ban [10:25:20] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Sheep → damnit, k [10:25:22] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → all say bye to GWJ_Sheep. [10:25:45] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Shroomyjoe → what happened? [10:25:51] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Sheep → bye GWJ_Sheep [10:25:54] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: GWJ_Sheep → ther ya go [10:26:03] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Suravur → Welcome back GWJ_Derp [10:26:18] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Shroomyjoe → oh [10:26:20] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Suravur → oh [10:26:22] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Suravur → well [10:26:22] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → :C [10:26:29] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Greek_GameRz → what?? [10:26:38] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → he took Another Sheep name [10:26:45] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → after me telling him to absolutely not do it. [10:26:45] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Suravur → i will eat lunch [10:26:46] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Suravur → brb [10:26:48] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → kk [10:27:07] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Shroomyjoe → lunch is way more important than any of these politics [10:27:10] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: AnotherSheep → xD [10:27:57] [Async Chat Thread - #1294/INFO]: Suravur → im gonna eat SAUSAGE

Sooo from this I can only see, if you want to be mean you could say he did it to annoy you. I would however rather look at it as a bad joke. Judging from your reaction you were definitely not pissed off by him or similar and your previously spoken warning could be seen as a joke as it obviously is an exxageration.

The following things did not happen:

• There was no organized namechange. He did it alone and not in a group of people all switching at once or over a relatively short period of time
  • There was no namechange to prevent someone from getting a nick. His namechange changed exactly nothing, his first four chars were still GWJ_ after the change.

In this particular instance, I would be for not removing the ban entirely, as it was a stupid/dick move to change the name to xxx_sheep but as it is not really affecting anyone in the end (no harm was done, nicks are unaffected, there’s not 50 people called xxx_sheep or GWJ_xxx now - and for latter one he wouldn’t even be the one to blame) - it’s entirely up to how annoyed you are (anothersheep).

I think GWJ has learned his lesson and even though a few strange things have been said in this appeal (boys this got out of hand for reals here) it was not his fault, so I don’t see a reason to not shorten the ban to a few days (3-5ish™?)

Greeting

~Pepich~

If I may add…

The only rule is use your brain. The rest of the rules are only there because people love to use the “but it’s not in the rules” excuse. There is also a rule for that. We have had several incidents in the past where groups of people change their names to be very similar things usually as a “joke” to make fun of a certain person. We do not want to encourage this so we explicitly stated it in the rules. Its been there for over a year at least. No we don’t expect you to read the rules every single day to see what if anything has changed, but you should know rule 1 and from that be able to decide what is and isn’t ok. next time think about what you do before you do it.

A 30 temp ban was an overreaction. He had no intention of harm.

I purpose a 3 day ban. He will clearly learn his lesson, and it will make these rules more clear.

This thread is locked.