Petition

ArchivesFeature requests → Petition

CLOSED

My idea is /petition. Basically you can do /petition add . Name is just any IGN. Goal can be 3 things: Promote, Demote, and Ban.

To sign a petition, you first need to know who and what the goal is. You then do /petition sign . You will now have a signature for a petition

You can also view a petition by using /petition view . This way, you can see who signed the petition.

The reason I think this is a good idea is because some people are really disapproving of some people’s attributes. For instance, someone might not deserve the rank they have, or are too good to be in the rank they are. Also, sometimes people are really annoying, however the admins could ignore it as they are not breaking any technical rules. I think this should gives the people of a server a chance to give input as to what the admins should do.

(Note: Command Structure Is Not A Requirement, You Can Change It As You Wish. Also, What The Petition Will Do {Perform The Action Or Merely Give Long-Term Input} Is Entirely Up To You)

I think that is a great idea, but I think some people might missuse it.
This is a pretty good idea, although it could use some work to prevent misuse as jonax said.

Well, first of all, about the misuse concept, you would need quite a few misusers in order for misuse of /petition to have any affect (Unless you are unable to make it so you can’t sign your own petition)

Second of all, thanks for liking the concept :D

@FatMan922 It seems cool! i would like a plugin like that! or if 10 or more people sign it the action is taken. (Ban, Demote, Promote)

We had a pretty large discussion about giving members some more input in the community, after all, we do want you to help us make decisions that affect you. If I recall, there is an system for ‘karma’ in the works, but I don’t have any details to share to you at the moment.

In the meantime, remember we always do have a report forum here on the website, and a /report command on the server as well! You can use these when you see someone being generally disgraceful, rude, or anything else you want us to know.

Any thoughts on this, 2 years later?

For the adding command, maybe /petition add <user> <objective> <reason>

We would probably want to allow only one signature per IP but that wouldn’t completely disable extra signatures from alt accounts…

@Dico200 aren’t alternate accounts marked with the rank?

Also I swear this was already a feature request but more recent (I can’t find it tho)

I might have seen it as duplicate and sorted it out when I was doing the big cleanup, that’s why you might be unable to find it :P

Anyways I feel like “why not” because it’s simple to do, also @Dico200 - with the new alt system we can just set the +alt rank to be unable to cast votes and done, as nyx has already pointed out :)

Also there may be some unmarked alts cough staff alts especially those retired alts which nobody took track of
@Pepich1851 I would suggest that players with Trusted+ should be the ones able to make the petitions, and for the alt situation you can simply sort players with their ip to be something like: <name>-<ip> and then at the end of the petition all the ips to be checked and then u can decide what to do. Edit: or you can only sort ips. xD
-3 ^(Minenash, Doomblah, & Yummy)
@minenash what’s with the revival of old feature requests recently?
The (US) Staff Meeting, just happened today.

Uhmmm… And that’s relevant how?

Did you all come to the consensus to archive all the things™?

We Archived the things that were already solved/closed before the meeting, just not labeled and/or Archived.
I mean by that we’re going through everything old just to archive things and find really old posts