Custom Commands?

ArchivesFeature requests → Custom Commands?

DUPLICATE

I think it would be very cool if you could create, in game, custom commands only you can use. Like you could create a /showcase command that would bring you to your showcase plot, or a /tpf that would tpa you to your best friend!

More specs:

1. It would have to have a limit of how many commands you can create.
  2. There would be these types of commands you can create: command that execute other commands, commands that display text to yourself, and commands that broadcast to everybody.
  • Staff have access to those commands and can remove certain commands from certain users if necessary
  • timer on commands that display text to everybody, so you cant spam the commands

If you don’t fully get it: It’s kinda like the MyCommand Plugin, which allows for custom commands for the server, but these commands are only accessable through plugin files, in this case I think it would be cool if anybody could create commands in game that only you can use.

Thanks for reading, hope you can impliment it!

#TheCoolestIdeaEvar

I’m not really sure if it is as simple as it seems. Creating new commands could cause some serious issues in permissions, and it would be fairly easy to exploit a created command to bypass the inheritance that already exists on the server. . I like the thought and all, but I’m not sure if it’s something even possible to implement. You could easily accomplish everything you listed with a clientside macromod, I’m not sure I could warrant building a serverside plugin for it.
Yeah, not really for this idea either… Sorry but this idea seems extremely exploitable which is not something we wanna risk. That aside, I don’t think it’s possible to dynamically add personal commands to a list that only you can use.
I don’t see the problem immediately with the exploiting, we just need to do some world-checks. Code-wise it should be possible but not simple. I might look into it, at least I don’t think it will be possible with python, but with java it should definitely be doable.
Isn’t that quite easy with variables a variable specifying command and then another variable holds the real command like a if u type /dirphead it does /head Dirk dico I don’t even code and I figured it out the second I saw post #GetRekt
This thread is locked.