Disappearing Minecarts

ArchivesProblems & bugs → Disappearing Minecarts

SOLVED

What did you expect?

My minecarts to be on my plot

What actually happened?

So when I logged on today I noticed that my 5x5 door was broken. I was very confused. After a little bit of debugging I realised that a minecart disappeared. I then went to my other builds that I knew used minecarts aswell and saw they disappeared. So I came to the conclusion that either someone broke every minecart on my plot or the server cleared them all. If it was the server clearing them all I would hope that a feature could be made so that minecarts won’t be cleared from the entity removal thing.

Do you see any sort of error message?

No

How can we reproduce this problem?

Clear all the entities

Also I know that the server must clear entities to make the server less laggy, but since this is ==redstone== server and minecarts are still essential to ==redstone== it would make sense for them not to be cleared.

MintyEdit: Staff has stopped using those Commands.

Solution: Stop using minecarts of all things to redstone

also essentials doesn’t care that this is a redstone server, and essentials as it happens isn’t our plugin.

I want a real solution to be honest…

Using minecarts, rails and pistons are quite important to certain compact circuits, and they can’t be replaced unless you were to completely redisign your door, and by that stage you would probably be too far into the build to give up so…

+1 to get it fixed

I bet either someone went around shooting your minecarts (not hard to do) or a staff member used /killall

But hey, minecarts are better than slimeblocks. This problems needs to be fixed

I bet either someone went around shooting your minecarts (not hard to do) or a staff member used /killall

But hey, minecarts are better than slimeblocks. This problems needs to be fixed

/stoplag or whatever it is

I want a real solution to be honest…

I’ve given you your solution, it’s the best one right now

Using minecarts, rails and pistons are quite important to certain compact circuits, and they can’t be replaced unless you were to completely redisign your door, and by that stage you would probably be too far into the build to give up so…

minecarts important my ass

Here’s the situation: Someone spams 2000 minecarts and shoots them onto the path. Now, what do you do? Killall minecart? Results in this thread. Remove them all by hand? Glhf clicking for half an hour. How would you decide between a “good” and a “bad” minecart?
But can’t you make a command which removes entities in a certain radius? So it doesn’t break everything else that uses minecarts? cmon devs…do your job… xD

But can’t you make a command which removes entities in a certain radius?

/minecraft:kill @e[type=Minecart,r=25]

There was an incident involving 500 armorstands at spawn here and I may have removed your minecarts and most all other entities by accident trying to remove them.
Yeah, vanilla minecraft allows you to modify radii of a kill circle