redstonejjl advertising

RedstonerBlames → redstonejjl advertising

SOLVED

Description

he just posted his own server ip telling us to come

Failed attempts

he left right after so :/

If location is relevant, post a list of locations including the World name and x/y/z coordinations

Time

Time(span) of the incident. The date and time MUST be given in UTC time and MUST follow the 24h format YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM. is this necessary 2016-12-14 04:20

Proof

Please post video evidence/screenshots if available Can someone else confirm the issues you’re having? @GWJ_Derp @C2Lredstone @RylanStylin

Reopened by pep: Further discussion required

it was 1 time, but I will keep an eye out for him doing it more. closed

flies a little bit away

@Futsy I know this is closed and all, but when I was helper I thought it was no tolerance for advertising? I remember pan IP banning someone the minute they advertised when I was helper/mod/something

You could at least inform the community of changes….

Honestly I gotta side with baru a bit here. We used to go a little more harsh on things like that and I didn’t see that being officially changed. I suggest a discussion of this case and then use the outcome for future reference, aka go a little easier or back to the old harsh ways?

Honestly I gotta side with baru a bit here. We used to go a little more harsh on things like that and I didn’t see that being officially changed. I suggest a discussion of this case and then use the outcome for future reference, aka go a little easier or back to the old harsh ways?

I feel like being quite stern and strict with this sort of thing is required. Not a zero-tolerance however still quite harsh… Something like a 3 day tempban upon first offence (maybe more, it’s not exactly my job to make up the rules) and something like 12 months to perm ban depending on the discretion of who is punishing the player. Giving IPs over /m should be allowed as long as the person receiving actually wants the IP, similar to my idea about /m in tatl’s report.

Advertising was definitely more harshly delt with when I was mod as well.

Okay, it wasn’t just me then, lol.

Sorry if offtopic, but afaik doomblah banned redstonejjl permanently
oops. I banned him already, forgot to solved
@doomblah thought the thread was reopened for discussion…
What’s with the leniency nowaways in staff. It used to be so much more strict and rule abiding and organized

The blame was solved. The discussion continues.

I think we’re should be more strict. Especially towards people being a dick, shur that shit down. New visitors should go to perma ban if they advertise or spam right away, or other stuck stuff.

I suggest a discussion of this case and then use the outcome for future reference

Futsy closed it before I said that, I reopened it, you solved it AFTER I said that. So now we have two different things that happened each have not been decided by a discussion. Why is your choice more valid than Futsy’s? Please elaborate.

I don’t understand why moderation has changed in terms of punishments. It used to be that way, until @Futsy changed it…

Please explain?

the blame was solved. The discussion continues.

Or not as it seems
I didn’t change a thing… It is just that I don’t feel like this is that bad…

I didn’t change a thing… It is just that I don’t feel like this is that bad…

Advertising is advertising. I really don’t see why you’d think twice about it…

People looks differently on stuff. I think this wasn’t that bad and said that I will keep an eye out. While others may think it should be handled harsher