If you play in 1.11, PLEASE read this!

ArchivesProblems & bugs → If you play in 1.11, PLEASE read this!

CLOSED

So in 1.11, performance has not improved This is not a redstoner bug, it is a Mojang issue

If you play in 1.11 on redstoner, beaware of this

Recently, I’ve been crashing left and right, specific redstone stuff I encountered before I crashed

1. @GWJ_Sheep 6x6 flush nether portal
  2. @ImDJoe and myself’s 30x3 glass
  3. A clock with 7 seg display with lamps on @Nerks plot

All of these included extensive piston activity, which brings me to my main point

If you play in 1.11, do your best to avoid even being NEAR any big piston/lamp updates (doors etc)

Hopefully this will be fixed in 1.11.2 :l

Note: I don’t know where this thread goes, so I put it here

-c3l

It’s an issue with viaver and 1.11, I haven’t encountered the issues in pure 1.11 environments. I got a 1.11 clone of the server, do you think we could hop on there together and test the things you identified as being crashing? I’ll send you a mail ingame next time I see you online :)

I reported this before you @C2Lredstone and yet @Pepich1851 didn’t give a shit ;-;

edit: I think it’s because of viaversion. that’s it.

When you reported it, we didn’t have a definite plan of upsating. Now we do - aka the problem just went from “not really something to care about” to “something we gotta care abozt very soon”. Better figure out if it’s just a viaver problem or an actual 1.11 problem before we update. If you got further info, feel free to join us - I’ll notify you as well wheb I see you :)
can i help to test?

ohhhhh

So it’s a viaversion thing?

Yea, I’ve noticed I don’t crash on Syn

Also, I would be willing to test, although if I’m using my craptop, I might crash regardless of viaversion

It’s definitely not a 1.11 thing, it’s only viaversion.
I found a GitHub post with the same issue, here
I’m getting it a lot too. Its not just with the mentioned contraptions, but anything that is either fast, big, or loud. Thanks for reporting it tho :3 I’ve been meaning to make a thread about it.
big huh? :) anyways, it feels like a via version problem because it doesn’t happen in 1.11
@C2Lredstone did you not read literally any of my replies, pepe’s, even fucking yours
There should be a warning when you join in 1.11 about it in my opinion. (I crashed when KrazyKrafter105 activated his sand door)