How do i improve my Shit Box ?

Off topicElectronics → How do i improve my Shit Box ?

So i’ve been after mooding my PC for a while but have’nt had the guts to do so…

Since apparently everyone on this sever is a fuckin genius i was curious what you guys think i should do with my PC to improve

OPTIONS:

1. i take my current shitbox and change out the CPU, GPU,RAM sticks and mabye a sexy case.
  2. i decide fuck budget and build a whole PC from scratch.
  3. i say fuck everything and waste $500 + on a shitty premade ^(slightly less)shitbox…
  4. if the motherboards fucked ill just give up

INFO:

• i have access to i think 2 really old pcs
  • needs to be able to hit at least 200fps in game

FINAL QUESTION: How would i be able to transfer my current hardrives into the new pc?

change out the CPU

hahahahaha

needs to be able to hit at least 200fps in game

dude i don’t and i don’t consider mine shit so you must be spoiled

also specs sheet please you aren’t saying very much it could be a software issue

just saying i’ve had to live with 30 - 60 fps my whole life and im sick of it

Software issue

No its not its a 2005 computer thats the issue

but why atleast 200fps. you wouldnt need a 500$ pc for that anyway

edit: and if you want atleast 200fps performance because you are gonna use shaders, you might as well tell which.

You probably won’t be seeing 200fps anyways…considering high end monitors are only 144hz max, so you will only see 144 fps.

premade

Ew. Most I’d go for a premade something is getting something like a Z170 OC10 (or similar) from SCAN (British company) and even that is quite custom (you can change it completely from the “just the basics” option) but if you only want 200fps then I’d suggest getting something like a skylake i3 and a mini 1050Ti (which are going to be useless in 2 years but they’re very good right now for their price) or something from AMD like the RX 460 if you’re team red (which will probably last longer when it comes to viability in the future).

You probably won’t be seeing 200fps anyways…considering high end monitors are only 144hz max, so you will only see 144 fps.

False. You’re only going to see whatever your monitor limits your frames to (what Hz it is) which will PROBABLY be 60Hz. EVEN IF YOU HAVE A 60Hz MONITOR, 200 FPS CAN BE DONE. You’re taking vsync use into account (that being, having it on) which I WOULD suggest unless you’re benchmarking your machine, because of screen tearing (not your screen ripping in two). Obviously if you wanna “show off your fps” to your friends, vsync will probably be turned off.

So essentially TL;DR for the entire thing:

Epmech wants a pc He won’t give us specs sheet Let’s keep complaining

Get one of those fancy new i7s, that i7 7700K and a Z270 board, and of course a TitanXP.

Also, @FullyStealth I’m not sure but I think there are 200Hz refresh rate monitors out there too, and you can overclock if you’re a badass :P