Colorful light in Minecraft

Off topicProgramming → Colorful light in Minecraft

SHOWCASE

Was modding Minecraft code and accidentally made colorful light. Turns out to be a lot more easier and resource-friendly than I thoght. Just posted it here because there is a thing about what would you like to add in 1.12 in @Exorden ’s plot and it includes the colorful light.

[https://youtu.be/p90M2N-gkCA]

Interesting, that’s for sure
You know, a simple resource pack would do the trick i think? Didn’t see the vid cuz not a home though :P
I don’t think resource pack can make you type a command and change the color to whatever you want
^ And it laggs occasionally. But it is pretty hard to change the code。。。
Yeah I find this impressive. gj :P

And that’s where you’re wrong, kiddo. Wanna make a bet? I can make a ressource pack that will:

Add a custom gui Let you color certain (in this case, let’s use quartz and idk sea lanterns and glowstone?) blocks of your choice (up to a few thousand individual blocks though) Add a custom block (if you want me to, also colorable) And if you allow cmdblocks then the custom blocks and stuff would actually be craftable and shit too

Oh yeah and ofc you can set the color of thise blocks with a simple cmd to the entire 8 bit rgb spec

Only a resource pack? I am looking forward to it, pep :P
Yep, just a resource pack and command magic (cmd blocks are only involved when you gotta actually make them do stuff)
What about the color light one, and by color light I do not mean a coloured glowstone or something like that

Lmao I thought you meant adding a new block like those modded lamps and shit. Just watched the vid and turns out it’s about replacing all shades with a color and has nothing to do with light at all.

Also, pls next time say you “modded” it. You didn’t hack it in any way :)

I don’t think that I can do that, I mean technically it would work but not without a shitload of stuff being done to the world beforehand :P

Make a forge mod c:

@Nyxify If you mean a mod that can only do what I demonstrated in the video, I can easily make one with the trick of bytecode manipulation.

If you mean adding a coloured lamp, it would be hella hard to make and will probably use every single place in your RAM card.

Nope. Just what you did in the video. I like that a lot.
I will try make one, after going back to home
Holy fucking shit that reply was like instant I just refreshed the page afer yaking to @Doomblah
Gmail, my friend. Sorry for being off topic
Dude what the hell right now your replies are light speed