Wikipedia-Sized-Feature-Suggestion-List

ArchivesFeature requests → Wikipedia-Sized-Feature-Suggestion-List

CLOSED

Hello Redstoner Community!

Please pardon my inactivity, but I was kinda busy :/

I feel that redstoner is loosing lots of it’s community, and I’m very sorry I cannot help. As I did not manage to get a staff position and do something useful (bummer really) I am making this Wikipedia-sized feature list so that staff has things to think about and make the server better. To avoid millions of repetitions of the feature request layout, the feature itself will be bold, and why I think it’s a good idea will be directly under it, I think it’s understandable.

An Anticheat, or anti-spam plugin A good anticheat is crutial to survival, else hackers can ruin your day easily - An Anti-Chat-Spam plugin is also good, so that when no staff is on (which is common nowadays), nobody can spam like a mad man. My first suggestion is AAC, which has both incorporated and works marvelously, but you can find a good one yourself (NCP, PhoenixAntiCheat etc.)

A Uniform Chat layout Essentials, Saylol and Multiverse have mostly different message layouts on Redstoner, which some players may find unprofessional - I suggest making a uniform chat layout, as something server-specific. For instance, you could have a rank-prefix in [], and then the name, then “:” (EssentialsChat). Plugins could have their messages prefixed with their name in []. Anything should work! I can also tell you that that had a good effect on my server :)

A rank prefix Honestly, ranks on redstoner are confusing. Im sorry, but that just is the case. To avoid this and to make the experiences of new players easier, I reccomend a uniform Rank prefix. For instance: [] . This is easily doable with Pex, just someone needs to get busy and config the stuff. This also had good effects on my server.

Tempbans! Not perms. A perm banned player has no chance to improve. By my experience, about a third of players come back and follow the rules, because at first they were too lazy to read them. I find your habit of perm banning on the first offence quite counter-productive, as you are permanently disallowing players to join. I would rework your banning habits and make temporary bans. This certainly would raise your player count. Note that for instance Hypixel doesn’t perm-ban.

Less strict rules Sometimes a player has a bad time and just spits out caps - I wouldn’t intantly mute/ban, as a player can just have a bad day. I think you should ease the use of /ban and /mute commands :P. I would only seriously punish on a repeated offence.

A non-constant MOTD I think that a good idea would be to every now and then change MOTD of the server. This way you could inform players and always make them attracted to clicking on your server. If it just stays at two unnoticeable lines, you’ll have a hard time getting many players.

Skyblock With the plugin ASkyBlock, Skyblock is a piece of cake to setup. Just install the plugin and reboot the server - you’re done. Your players can play skyblock. +1 Feature yaay! Of course, config your permissions plugin. This is a good thing, because a wider array of players can come - those who like skyblock aswell.

FastAsyncWorldEdit FastAsyncWorldEdit, or FAWE for short, is a good addition to WorldEdit (WE in short) which minimizes lag on larger worldedit constructions. Although this is not often the case on redstoner, I think it’d be worth a try. It also had a positive effect on my server and noticeably sped up worldedit .

BanManager The plugin BanManager requires a MySql Database, which may be a bummer, in which case all what I say also is true for MaxBans. BanManager is a great addition to most any server and is feature-packed: Tempbans, tempipbans, tempmutes, tempipmutes and all the punishments you can think of. BanManager (But not MaxBans, use AdvancedReport) has a built-in reporting system, which simplifies the work of staff by teleporting them to the report location and giving detailed information. Malicious acts by staff members can even be rolled back, and staff member can be forbidden to change the decesions of others - Minimizing abuse (omg minimizing has 4 “i"s). I highly suggest this plugin as it is VERY useful.

ActionAnnouncer This plugin announces messages at regular intervals via the ActionBar (Where juke box music gets shown - Google it), keeping Chat clean. It’s very useful and extremely easy to config even in-game.

SimpleStaffChat This is a useful plugin for Staff, as it adds a staff-only-chat and is SUPER lightweight. The only command added is /sc = StaffChat. I think it’d be useful for you guys. Don’t add this if you get AAC, it’s incompatible.

SuperVanish This plugin makes vanished staff absolutely invisible - to normal players, the vanished staff is not there. It automatically displays fake join/leave messages and leaves rule breakers nothing to catch and thus find vanished Staff. It works wonders on my server and I would reccomend it here too. If you have money to spend, a more sophisticated plugin is PremiumVanish, with more features, but I won’t get into that. One more thing, don’t chat while you are vanished :)

A newbie (or simmilar) rank I find the transition from visitor-member quite… how do i formulate this.. improvement-worthy :P. I’d suggest a rank which gives next to no perms, to serve as a “tag” for staff to know who is new. This would avoid tpa spams, abuse and simmilar. Those, who have this rank, should be checked upon joining and immediately promoted to member, without requiring a forums-login. This shouldn’t be required, and if at all required for Builder, and not for member. This way, you can satisfy more players (by promoting them early) and use this rank to tag players as to checked-unchecked and ease the job of staff, as they now need to control less ppl. and you can be more certain that nobody is breaking rules. I personally am using this method on my server - you may notice that nobody has default rank on my server.

Any Chat Filter Low ranks should not be allowed to spam naughty words, so I’d reccomend any type of chat filter, to avoid new players offending others. This wouldn’t be good for all ranks though, as a chat filter can be annoying.

Any [TAB] editing plugin. For instance CustomTab I think that a tab plugin would have positive effects, like for instance a header and footer. You could make creative designs and such, to make tab look more professional. Another thing you really should do is to widen the tab, as it often happens, that names get cut off - not good.

CustomCommands This is a just-for-fun plugin and allows you to send players custom messages when they enter a custom command. A very funny thing would be /opme - You are no longer OP. This is also useable to make an “information paragraph” So that new players could look that up and have an easier time starting.

Any Gui plugin A GUI plugin would allow players to have a complete view over what redstoner (would) offer - I honestly didn’t know a survival world existed. This would also make it easier for players to join other worlds or to warp to certain places. This won’t work if you have only one thing to offer.

Update the server! What!? I’m on 1.11.2 and cannot join redstoner??? Update the server to follow the latest version of minecraft, so that players, like me, who like to play on the latest versions can join. This would help the server to get more players.

Any you-tuber I think this is self-explanatory, a YT-ber would advertise the server more.

All these feature-suggestions were made with the goal of getting redstoner more players. If you do not want this (which I’d find weird), then most of these reasons are stupid - just tell me and I’ll update this. If you want links to these plugins I mentioned, tell me and I’ll add them, but I guess google is your fwend :P. As last, I’d ask whether you think a bungee-connection with for instance my server would be sensible, if you know how, I could ask my staff whether they agree.

Anyways, I hope this helps redstoner, and now I leave it over to you to pick out what you want to add and I thank you for reading this LONG post. If you came this far, reply #Patience, I wonder how many will :)

I hope I didn’t say anything inappropriate, if I did, please correct me, as I’m a noobie with forums :/

Many thanks TheProfOfCreepers - ProfCreeptonius

Ps: Sorry if I have typos, It’s a long post. This list was in-part created with the help of Flearoy, many thanks to him :)

Large responce in coming :3
GG on 0 typos! Also that response was so long to read XD but anyways I agree only on “An Anticheat, or antispam plugin” And “FastAsyncWorldEdit”.

Here I come!!!!

#Opinionz

I feel that redstoner is loosing lots of it’s community, and I’m very sorry I cannot help. As I did not manage to get a staff position and do something useful (bummer really)

Agreed :/

loose

Gawd my eyes

#Plugin ideaz

An Anticheat, or anti-spam plugin A good anticheat is crutial to survival, else hackers can ruin your day easily - An Anti-Chat-Spam plugin is also good, so that when no staff is on (which is common nowadays), nobody can spam like a mad man. My first suggestion is AAC, which has both incorporated and works marvelously, but you can find a good one yourself (NCP, PhoenixAntiCheat etc.)

I agree on Anti-cheat. Many people hacked in spawn when fitmc raided us. We could have done with an auto banner then :p I disagree on Anti-spam because we don’t want chat to be controlled extensively.

A Uniform Chat layout Essentials, Saylol and Multiverse have mostly different message layouts on Redstoner, which some players may find unprofessional - I suggest making a uniform chat layout, as something server-specific. For instance, you could have a rank-prefix in [], and then the name, then “:” (EssentialsChat). Plugins could have their messages prefixed with their name in []. Anything should work! I can also tell you that that had a good effect on my server :)

Skipping for now as I don’t understand what you mean.

A rank prefix Honestly, ranks on redstoner are confusing. Im sorry, but that just is the case. To avoid this and to make the experiences of new players easier, I reccomend a uniform Rank prefix. For instance: [] . This is easily doable with Pex, just someone needs to get busy and config the stuff. This also had good effects on my server.

I disagree as we want chat to be clean. Anyone could always read the info pages.

Tempbans! Not perms. A perm banned player has no chance to improve. By my experience, about a third of players come back and follow the rules, because at first they were too lazy to read them. I find your habit of perm banning on the first offence quite counter-productive, as you are permanently disallowing players to join. I would rework your banning habits and make temporary bans. This certainly would raise your player count. Note that for instance Hypixel doesn’t perm-ban

YUSSSS, I have many permabanned friends and this can be better. Some players has improved and came back on here(Like alexpaqette/Sacredredstone)

Less strict rules Sometimes a player has a bad time and just spits out caps - I wouldn’t intantly mute/ban, as a player can just have a bad day. I think you should ease the use of /ban and /mute commands :P. I would only seriously punish on a repeated offence.

So true… I don’t personally know why we don’t mute but it could be useful in some conditions.

A non-constant MOTD I think that a good idea would be to every now and then change MOTD of the server. This way you could inform players and always make them attracted to clicking on your server. If it just stays at two unnoticeable lines, you’ll have a hard time getting many players.

Our MOTD does need to be more attractive to visitors to actually get customers. Not too sure about a non-constant one though…

Skyblock With the plugin ASkyBlock, Skyblock is a piece of cake to setup. Just install the plugin and reboot the server - you’re done. Your players can play skyblock. +1 Feature yaay! Of course, config your permissions plugin. This is a good thing, because a wider array of players can come - those who like skyblock aswell.

OMG OMG PLEASE, I have/had a pretty developed skyblock island on CubeKrowd and I’ll be more encouraged to play here if we had it.

FastAsyncWorldEdit FastAsyncWorldEdit, or FAWE for short, is a good addition to WorldEdit (WE in short) which minimizes lag on larger worldedit constructions. Although this is not often the case on redstoner, I think it’d be worth a try. It also had a positive effect on my server and noticeably sped up worldedit .

+1, instantly :D

BanManager The plugin BanManager requires a MySql Database, which may be a bummer, in which case all what I say also is true for MaxBans. BanManager is a great addition to most any server and is feature-packed: Tempbans, tempipbans, tempmutes, tempipmutes and all the punishments you can think of. BanManager (But not MaxBans, use AdvancedReport) has a built-in reporting system, which simplifies the work of staff by teleporting them to the report location and giving detailed information. Malicious acts by staff members can even be rolled back, and staff member can be forbidden to change the decesions of others - Minimizing abuse (omg minimizing has 4 “i"s). I highly suggest this plugin as it is VERY useful.

idk…

ActionAnnouncer This plugin announces messages at regular intervals via the ActionBar (Where juke box music gets shown - Google it), keeping Chat clean. It’s very useful and extremely easy to config even in-game.

We aren’t 1.11 yet so we can’t yet, but maybe it can used in a productive way like telling visitors to sign up.

SimpleStaffChat This is a useful plugin for Staff, as it adds a staff-only-chat and is SUPER lightweight. The only command added is /sc = StaffChat. I think it’d be useful for you guys. Don’t add this if you get AAC, it’s incompatible.

I’m not staff but I think the normal AdminChat would be alright, for now.

SuperVanish This plugin makes vanished staff absolutely invisible - to normal players, the vanished staff is not there. It automatically displays fake join/leave messages and leaves rule breakers nothing to catch and thus find vanished Staff. It works wonders on my server and I would reccomend it here too. If you have money to spend, a more sophisticated plugin is PremiumVanish, with more features, but I won’t get into that. One more thing, don’t chat while you are vanished :)

Not my decision but very useful (I am admin on Prof’s server).

A newbie (or simmilar) rank I find the transition from visitor-member quite… how do i formulate this.. improvement-worthy :P. I’d suggest a rank which gives next to no perms, to serve as a “tag” for staff to know who is new. This would avoid tpa spams, abuse and simmilar. Those, who have this rank, should be checked upon joining and immediately promoted to member, without requiring a forums-login. This shouldn’t be required, and if at all required for Builder, and not for member. This way, you can satisfy more players (by promoting them early) and use this rank to tag players as to checked-unchecked and ease the job of staff, as they now need to control less ppl. and you can be more certain that nobody is breaking rules. I personally am using this method on my server - you may notice that nobody has default rank on my server.

We/They could either lower permissions for visitor or just decline this to be honest.

Any Chat Filter Low ranks should not be allowed to spam naughty words, so I’d reccomend any type of chat filter, to avoid new players offending others. This wouldn’t be good for all ranks though, as a chat filter can be annoying.

I am mixed on this, people should have the freedom to say what they want (apart from racist, sexist etc. comments).

Any [TAB] editing plugin. For instance CustomTab I think that a tab plugin would have positive effects, like for instance a header and footer. You could make creative designs and such, to make tab look more professional. Another thing you really should do is to widen the tab, as it often happens, that names get cut off - not good.

I agree, TAB is a bit… Empty and TAB needs more action

CustomCommands This is a just-for-fun plugin and allows you to send players custom messages when they enter a custom command. A very funny thing would be /opme - You are no longer OP. This is also useable to make an “information paragraph” So that new players could look that up and have an easier time starting.

Maybe to help visitors but nah

Any Gui plugin A GUI plugin would allow players to have a complete view over what redstoner (would) offer - I honestly didn’t know a survival world existed. This would also make it easier for players to join other worlds or to warp to certain places. This won’t work if you have only one thing to offer.

Mixed as some people like a GUI and some don’t and for info, we have the “Info” pages on the website.

Update the server! What!? I’m on 1.11.2 and cannot join redstoner??? Update the server to follow the latest version of minecraft, so that players, like me, who like to play on the latest versions can join. This would help the server to get more players.

They are working on it .-.

Any you-tuber I think this is self-explanatory, a YT-ber would advertise the server more.

There could be many out there…

#Otherz

This list was in-part created with the help of Flearoy, many thanks to him :)

Thanks for the credit

i cannot do hashtags lol

server has /ac

we have loads of yters on the server. It’s essentially an “attention-whore” rank and it’s been discussed in the past.

A filter is something that filters specific words. What you want is chat limitations for newer players. lolno.

the motd used to change

makes tab look messy and adds unnecessary detail to something that shows you who’s online quickly. A more viable alternative would be to make /list (or /who etc) look nicer and more customised.

we have /imout

nice meme

staff is working on this. keep up with blog posts why don’t you?

These add unnecessary bloat to the server. Anyway, it’s a creative server mostly, and we just permban people if they’re caught cheating in

Oh come on, you did this one for me.

They take five minutes to figure out.

Tempbans! Not perms. A perm banned player has no chance to improve. By my experience, about a third of players come back and follow the rules, because at first they were too lazy to read them. I find your habit of perm banning on the first offence quite counter-productive, as you are permanently disallowing players to join. I would rework your banning habits and make temporary bans. This certainly would raise your player count. Note that for instance Hypixel doesn’t perm-ban.

nice meme

notice how this last one is coming from a permbanned player???? lol.

This was suggested before. Request was denied.

YOU DID THIS ONE FOR ME TOO! It’s a perfectly fine jump, and it doesn’t give you (many) more permissions anyway.

I only agree on an antispam, which is something redstoner can do their selves within about 20mins (likely less).

#My conclusive note:

Notice how redstoner is mostly a custom plugin server? Yeah, crazy I know right!??!??!?!??!?!

Oh! There already is adminchat? Pls disregard the “Staff Chat” thingy

@barrygold_ It’s okay, we all have our opinions :)

Thanks for reading that :)

TheProf

Another Note: Lots of my suggestions were with the goal to minimize the outer-game interaction with players, So I kinda didn’t expect a reply “It takes 5 mins to look up on the forums”, but we all have a personal opinion, and this was intended for you guys to have something to work on and not chillax doing nothing :P.

Thanks

Soz am nooblet with forums

ProfCreeptonius

Hackers won’t ruin your days, because visitors have no access to survival.

Uniform Chat layout Essentials, Saylol and Multiverse have mostly different message layouts on Redstoner, which some players may find unprofessional - I suggest making a uniform chat layout, as something server-specific. For instance, you could have a rank-prefix in [], and then the name, then “:” (EssentialsChat). Plugins could have their messages prefixed with their name in []. Anything should work! I can also tell you that that had a good effect on my server :)

Chat right now is perfectly fine I think, I don’t see anything wrong with it.

Honestly, f*CK no, this way it’s much cleaner, less spammy and sets Redstoner apart from other servers.

Partially agreeing with you, some player may deserve a new chance after a very long time, but in some cases, where people have been tempbanned many times, and warned multiple times that a permanent ban is coming, and still fail to fix their behavior, a permanent ban is justified in my opinion. And I think you might know what case I’m talking about.

More of my opinion coming later, takes a bit of time to post

@ProfCreeptonius Quite a few of these are in fact a fact, rather than opinion. Appreciate the effort though.

Hello? This is just a list of suggestions? Let’s not get salty :) I think you could use this as ideas or something. I really want to help redstoner, I think that should be anyhow valued :) Soz, If i have mistaken, that happens ;(

@Cookie Redstone Ofc, if one comes on and makes cakesense, he should be perm-banned, but some making lag machines or excessive CAPS should perhaps rather have a 10 day ban, then not being able to rejoin. This also keeps the appeals cleaner :)

:)

I really want to avoid a great-scale argument, I wanna offer help to the server, that’s all

I hope you understand my intent Thanks ProfCreeptonius

but some making lag machines or excessive CAPS should perhaps rather have a 10 day ban, then not being able to rejoin. This also keeps the appeals cleaner :)

Someone making lag machines and randomly spamming chat probably won’t give a shit about getting banned, so why not permban them?

how long did u write dis? id never write that long

@rock something about 15 mins? I have been compiling this for some time. :) I just wanna help redstoner and nobody takes me seriously

cries

@Cookie well…. You know what I mean, There certainly have been bans which could have been replaced with temps, for instance like when someone gets angry and spews out some caps, one shouldn’t be instant-permbanned. That’s what I was thinking. Players with the clear intent to wreck the server should get perm-banned.

After all, these are all opinions,

Thanks Prof

I am against all of these except updating. Thanks for the suggestions though.

-1, Not needed, bloat that can be reverted with ease and permban.

±1, Meh

-1, No. Just No. You’re supposed to look at /info anyways to read rules. Also We have Badges, that wouldn’t be put in the [] ‘cause it would be too long, and then people would have to look at /info anyways. Also it looks bad imo.

-1, We only permban on first offense if they are breaking it deliberty and trying to cause trouble. If they really have changed and want to get back on, they can contact us, and they have a shot (after quite of time has passed of course). This had happened quite a few times.

-1, Unless they are purposely trying to be annoying, we ussally just kick, and if they don’t stop a small tempban. Sometimes I don’t think the rules are strict enough.

±1, Meh

-1, Minigames have been requested before, and with past experience doesn’t really work out with this server.

FastAsyncWorldEdit FastAsyncWorldEdit, or FAWE for short, is a good addition to WorldEdit (WE in short) which minimizes lag on larger worldedit constructions. Although this is not often the case on redstoner, I think it’d be worth a try. It also had a positive effect on my server and noticeably sped up worldedit.

+1, Don’t see a down side.

±1, Meh

+1,Yes, but only for visitors to sign up on the forums. Could be annoying though.

-1, We have our own version, AdminChat.

-1, We have /imout.

-1, I think the jump is perfectly okay.

-1, Filters have been discussed numberous times, it ended up being no every time.

-1, Just cludders it.

-1, Not needed.

-1, Not really needed.

1)We are already are trying. 2)We had ViaVersion, but due to a really bad bug to do with Pistons and crashing clients, we went back to only up to 1.10 3) Did you even look to see if this was requested? I know there is more than 5 threads about it, this really didn’t need to be in here.

-1, Yea, F no.

In summary: +2, ±3, and -13

Thanks to everyone for telling me their opinions :) Honestly, I was expecting mostly noes. Just a bunch of ideas hurled at ya :)

That custom command thingy: You know that there’s a vanilla feature for that right? Bloating up the server with a plugin that does literally nothing but add a feature that already exists is kinda pointless, don’t you think? The file is called commands.yml btw.

As for the rest, pretty much all of your stuff is either:

a) Already implemented (staff chat, vanish, “custom cmds”) b) Already been discussed and denied (Skyblock, anti-cheat, chat filters) c) Already are WiP (updating)

Or just entirely ridiculous:

Prefix with ranks:

[Builder, NoWe, Donator] ProfCreeptonius: Hi [Admin, Lead, Developer, Donator] Pepich1851: Oh, hi there [Visitor] MrSmith: Wtf is this chat format -> MrSmith gets auto kicked for swearing

Prefix everything with [plugin]:

[pythonpluginloader][lol] [Builder, NoWe, Donator] ProfCreeptonius: Poo poo shits fired! [pythonpluginloader] == Backup started == [pythonpluginloader] == Backup complete == [essentials] [broadcast] Yo there’s a new meme, check this out! [essentials] [[Visitor] MrSmith -> You]: Wtf is going on with chat!? -> MrSmith gets auto tbanned for swearing

Then others are not needed because we have different solutions and only add vulnerabilities to the server, talking about BanManager here. By default, anyone can access the webinterface and a custom solution is required for authentication. Which sucks.

AsyncWe has been known for causing trouble when makig huge edits.

Anygui basically is /faq, don’t you think? We want to attract players to the website, there’s automated solutions for people asking things like “How do I get a new rank?” that’ll give them a link to the website. If all that was in game, they wouldn’t bother ever comig here probably not even for signing up. If you’re on the website already though then signing up is just a few clicks.

Yt: There’s an official redstoner channel which we are currently trying to revive, also we have been already thinking about a youtuber to contact. If you know of any medium-big sized youtuber that does minecraft and doesn’t already have a server assigned to then (like Xisuma - Hermitcraft/XPD, JL2579 - CK, …) feel free to tell us. Just suggesting “any” though doesn’t help us.

Our ban policy is strict for a reason. If they really changed then appealing is possible. People making lag machines won’t “change”. People coming on spamming do know that they are breaking a rule, there’s no excuse. Also we don’t just randomly pban people for caps, we do know that everyone might have just had a bad day or is excited or something, we always warn first before kicking and after THAT we might take further action of a tban. Mutes are not being used at all as they are almost impossible to be set up properly. Forgot to block /me? Rip. Forgot /essentials:me? Rip. Forgot /m? Rip. Forgot /em, /t, /et, /w, /ew, /msg, /emsg, /tel, /etell, /whisper, /ewhisper, any of those prefixed with essentials:, /r, /er, /reply, /ereply, … you get the point. I can find ways around basically any mute or similar. So we don’t even try.

If I forgot sth then sry but your ideas were basically nope. Next time try reading the faq, blogpost and maybe take the effort of putting a bit more thought into it before you request stuff like the rank and plugin prefix. That’s just eww.

Thank you for your opinion. I do not see the need to offend me when I am purely trying to help the server. These are all things which do work on my server, so soz ;/

Oh and that thing that mutes are evadable, yes. Get your hands on MaxBans or BanManager, they control that. FastAsyncWorldEdit doesn’t have those problems, and works marvelously. If you want proof, contact me ingame, I don’t wanna spam the forums :)

I don’t see me being rude or offending you at all…?

Anyways the problem is with the Async part of things. Minecraft doesn’t like async modifications to the world, just giving the plugin a different name won’t change that. Also have you ever tried doing two modifications on the same area at once? What happens then?

Just a funny note - I just copy pasted 1 billion blocks in under 2 seconds ;P (FAWE is awesome).

Oh FAWE works EXACTLY the same way as WE, yes I tried that. There is ONE issue, I’m trying to fix: //undo misses a couple of blocks always.

This is no major issue as any halfway-decent logging plugin can rollback changes. Coreprotect works good :)

1 Billion blocks in under 2s, let’s quickly look at that, shall we?

Any decent CPU runs 8 threads, and as it’s running async it should be able to make use of all of them. So each thread does 1000000M/8 = 125000M blocks. Let’s also assume that setting a block takes exactly one CPU cycle (lmao it takes a lot more, just look at logging it and all that stuff) and there is no superscaling for the ease of maths. We end up with a total of 125000M = 125G cycles per thread, in about 2s, that’d be running at 62.5GHz for each thread. That’s umm… Where the fuck did you get that CPU?

Different calc, let’s assume retard billions (by the way: BI-llion = million^2, TRI-llion = million^3, that’s how it’s supposed to work) and assume that you mean Billion = 1000^(2+1), trillion = 1000^(3+1) and so on, then you’d end up with 62.5MHz. Take into account that it does more than just “setting the block in one cycle” (things like light updates, I assume you set on y=0 to reduce them and artificially blow up the number), let’s say it takes idk 2000 cycles to set a block. Then you end up with approximately 124GHz. Which seems even more unreasonable than the last calc.

So let’s assume a realistic speed of… 250k/thread? Then you end up with 8*250k = 2M/s = 500s for 1000M or 5000s for 1B. I mean sure it won’t crash the server because it’s async but you’re clearly lying.

Second point why I don’t believe you:

Copying about 100M blocks will hurt the server already, it’s running at 16GB of ram. Scale that up to 10 times that much, rip any server with less than idk 150 of ram? Scale that up another 1000 times from 1kM to 1B and yeah you get where I’m going, this doesn’t work.

Also you didn’t answer my questions yet:

“Two modifications on the same area at once” - “works the same as WE” - aka it will: finish the one scheduled first, then start the second modification? “The Async part is the problem” - No comment on that “Undo doesn’t work properly” - “No issue” - aka on your server everyone has access to rollbacks? I would never give such a powerful tool to a normal user, try doing “lb sum players” on a database the size of ours, then rip you. Even if it will only scan one world, it’s just entirely destroying an entire cpu core as well as nuking your SQL db with traffic like crazy.

If you manage to show me that server that does 1MM blocks in 2s then well done but I don’t believe you at all :)

Halt halt halt! One billion is NOT a million squared! Do u maths m8? A Billion is a thousand Million, Not a million million. FaWE has built in rollbacks :)
Altho I’m not willing to discuss things what’s useful and what not, this is a sugestion list, use what you want. If you want, contact me ingame, and i can demo the things on my server
Prof do you even read? If you did you would realize that I made the cals with BOTH actual bi-llion (as in million squared) and milliards (which you call billion). The ion means *1, the ard means *1000. the “Bi, tri, quad, quint…” determines the power. Or it’s just like 1000^(prefix+1) which onviously makes more sense. Mi stands for 2, bi for 3, tri for 4 and so on, just like it was intended by language… Wait no, retard maths stay retarded no matter how you turn it. Still, I just asked you to prove your claims, invite me to a server of your choice and SHOW me how it works then we can talk about (f)awe

Just for term reference:

Billion: Short Scale: 1,000,000,000 (1,000 Million) Long Scale: 1,000,000,000,000 (Million²)

Milliyard: Short scale: Word doesn’t exist Long Scale: 1,000,000,000(1,000 Million)

Short Scale is used by most English speaking countries.

Long Scale is used by most Spanish, French, Portuguese, and Dutch seeking countries.

[EDIT by pep]: HOW DARE YOU FORGETTING GERMANY ON THAT LIST

Note: There are a few exceptions to those.

These are some good ideas, but most are either already implemented or add unnecessary spam to chat so -1 to those.

Well I’d like staff to discuss this privately, you bring up some good points

Same as above really

Maybe just putting Redstoner.com above all the names would be fine, but honestly tab is fine since we started organizing it by rank

Do you mean sorta like the compass item on Hypixel? If so I’m all for it.

THIS SHOULD BE PRIORITY NUMBER FUCKING 1

I dunno what Pepe want’s when he sees the blocks appear at the rate minecraft as a game can possibly place them? They need to be rendered by the client. The video shows 1 billion blocks placed in 2 seconds. The message can be fulfilled when all chunks are loaded. Am done.

@ Doom Yea, something like hypixel’s compass :)

@minenash Uhm english speaking server wink wink

@ProfCreeptonius Most cough cough

GUYS! I just fixed FAWE and //undo works! It was BlocksHub breaking it.

Gawd that was hard to notice Thanks Prof

@minenash Rolling on the floor laughing. 10/10 jokes im out. I’ll never make a joke on a forum again. I do chemistry only ._. I fear I wouldn’t get any good reactions….

Pardon the very, very late response. I was temporarily dared to not go on the forums by @Doomblah

I can’t agree with this one. This server is mainly for redstone, not survival. However, if you want to catch fly hackers, that’s even harder. A lot of players here have terrible internet quality, such as @GWJ_Sheep, and I bet he will get caught by this anticheat more than it will help most players. Plus, those who do get caught cheating are stupid.

We already have one. It’s color, only. But if you mean server to player messages, then… no. That will put too much load on the developers for minor changes.

Synergy has both this and the above feature, and it does not add to the experience. It makes chat (if you want the full rank name) less aligned, and therefore defeats the purpose.

I agree, as staff (was) you (or we whatever) should change the policy to a warning, kick, ban for a day/week, then month, then permanent.

We already have this. And, we (ugh sorry I’m not staff) already discontinued the use of /mute.

No. A constant MOTD allows for an easy way to tell major changes in the server, such as supporting 1.11.

No. Survival was already a debated-whether-to-keep type of world, and this, again, is a redstone server.

I agree… but… we have /warn and /warnp already. It’s better to learn to be patient than to (possibly) commit a mistake that you wouldn’t have made here (such as /set 0 a region over a million blocks and providing too many light updates) on another server.

Our (again, still not staff.) database is alreay MySQL. Also, tempipbans are useless. If they evade the ban, permanent ban. End of story. Also, we (pretend I’m staff k) don’t use mutes. For the rollback section, we have logblock rollback.

It makes the server very… cluttered. We have the MOTD and our blog to specify new changes.

Too much; already have adminchat. And Chatgroups if you’re nonstaff and want to be special for once.

We already have vanish.

We already have a plugin that handles tags on individual players.

Again, we (still not staff) have staff for a reason.

We’ve already taken a major leap in organizing tab by rank. I am not conservative, if you’re about to ask that. I am extremely liberal.

We already have a similar request here.

Well, I guess you learn. Also, we have a spawn world with portals.

Yeah. Busy on that.

What? That’s not an improvement to the server that we can change.

Also, I don’t recall you ever trying out for staff, unless you are codex_creeper or cyber_creeper with another account.