Permission to change plot biomes?

ArchivesFeature requests → Permission to change plot biomes?

SOLVED

PlotMe allows you to do ==/plotme biome [biomename]== or ==/p biome [biomename]== to change the biome of your plot. This is disabled on Redstoner. Maybe allowing us to use this would make our plots a bit more interesting?

Edit- still not allowed for me :P

I believe this is a a mod perm only.

Also, I think builders+ can use //setbiome [Biomename].

Biome changes are buggy! The parameters that need to be met for the biome to actually change to each and every client are seemingly random at times, and I’d rather not give the permission to everyone without first doing some testing to make it foolproof. I’m have no problems with giving the command to builders+ once I’ve done some experimentation.

In the meantime, feel free to ask a staff member for help. As yop said, we do have the permissions to change biomes.

The parameters that need to be met for the biome to actually change to each and every client are seemingly random at times

What do you mean? @Mothership_Q

I mean that it sometimes takes ten tries to get a biome to properly change.

I have a feeling that giving this permission might complicate more matters than it solves.

@Mothership_Q If you are talkin about how //setbiome does not change the biome proppely, that is because you need to reload the area or relog. If you use /p biome though, it will change it without the need to reload or relog afaik.
Oh! If that’s the case then I’ll check it out, and if everything works without issue I can add the permission to builders and up.

Maybe you need to rejoin (the world)?

I tested this on my friends server, (well, W/E at least) and you need to rejoin. due to this factor, I very much believe you need to rejoin w/ plotme.

@barrygold21 @redstone_sheep I have said already that you do need to reload the area you are in. Either by relogging or unloading the area and then come back to it.

If /p biome:

• does not require chunks to be forced reloaded
  • does not adversely affect tps
  • functions without error
  • is not already added to a non-staff rank

I will add it to builders+ when I get back to my computer.

/p biome does force reload on clients because when i have done it in the past the biomes automatically updated without me having to unload the chunks
@eniallator yes, as I said.

Builders and up now have /p biome access.

I didn’t see any performance issues when using the command, and it looks like it does indeed update client-side instantly.

I don’t see any reason why not, doesn’t have any adverse effects on the server.

Added to guests and members too.

This thread is locked.