Redstone tagging

ArchivesFeature requests → Redstone tagging

CLOSED

So here’s the idea. Color coding redstone busses works until you run out of colors right. And using signs is not always possible if every single block space is being occupied by redstone stuff. So I thought it might be possible to make a plugin where the player is able to basically summon an invisible, gravity-less armor stand with a custom tag, right beneath their feet. That way you can stand on a bus, do the command (E.g. /redstag Resetbus) and have the bus display a holographic name tag with the text they inserted in the command.

Not sure how hard it would be to code, but I’m pretty sure it’s doable.

Also, the armor stand would have to spawn inside the block the player is standing on so that the tag appears right in the same Y coord the redstone dust is.

-1 can be abused, plus now we have observers and most things are no longer bussed.

Have you tried using hardened clay ?

Have you tried using hardened clay ?

I think that might not be a bad idea but I still think it’s a lot cleaner to make them using tags.

Okay, while I like the general idea, a big -1. As Nyx said, it can be easily abused. Also if everyone started to actually use it, that would be allot of entities. Also, I don’t think enough people will use it to be worth adding. Also clay is the way to go, if you want it to be the same texture as will, just with different colors, then use a resource pack.
Use wool, stained clay, and soon concrete not to mention stone, wood, and ore blocks if that’s not enough labeling… Then what the hell are you making??

plus now we have observers and most things are no longer bussed.

Actually that’s wrong.

what the hell are you making?

Pretty circuits ;P