/sethome in tsv and sv

ArchivesFeature requests → /sethome in tsv and sv

DUPLICATE

When playing in tsv I often find myself needing to get from spawn to my base. However, this walk is over 1000 blocks which can get quite annoying. Therefore, I think it would be beneficial not just for me, but for all tsv players to have access to set homes. I don’t really mind how many homes players would have access to, but I would personally recommend 3-5.

Note: I don’t play sv, but I’m sure people there would like to have homes too

MintyEdit: Moddified name.

Closed by pep: SV is supposed to be a vanilla experience. (2017/05/18 10:45 utc)

+1 for sv, for tsv up to you..

sits in corner

Anybody want to give suggestions for how many homes could be set?
1 home max but I could be persuaded to 2
Yeah what doom said
I think that 2 would be nice. Maybe one of them for your base, and another for a project you might be working on
Why not just give people tppos and gamemode perms too? That’s a way more convenient way of cheating
Not really an option for sv players pep, the point of sethome is just getting home, not changing to gm 1 bla bla getting diamonds free bla bla.
^ What GWJ said. It’s not at all for ‘cheating’, it’s just for making long journeys (to places you’ve already been) shorter and easier.
or use the nether, or make some crazy insane horizontal redstone piston thing, if hermitcraft can do it, then you can too

So, why not tppos? Just let’s you go places easier? Also enable /fly please to get up mountains easier. Oh and the worldedit compass please also just to get to places. What about /asc and desc? /thru. Hrm mvtp would be nice too, so you can switch dimensions easier without having to find/make a portal. Also wouldn’t it be great if everyone got an infinite stack of flight duration 127 rockets and an elytra by default so that they can get places easier? Oh and on the matter of getting around, we should probably allow access to /speed so that those long walks will get a lot shorter. Because makig speed potions and using nether portals to get to somewhere, what the fuck no? We can use commands to do that, that’s totally not cheating but an intended feature of the survival mo… Wait what you say? Those things don’t work in a survival world? But if people were intended to teleport around, why is it not in the game natively then? Wait you say that teleporting was not intended to be in the game for survival? Oh. I think this thread claims otherwise, so someone apparently is wrong here.

Side note: I’ll also fix the current teleportation methods too, the only reason I left them in is because nether portals are borken and I don’t want people to get stuck because they expected a portal to appear. Once that doesn’t happen anymore, /warp and tpa will also be gone :)

I think the award for the most easily triggered/defensive staff member is no longer Redempt… It’s Pep.

==Congratulations, Pepich1851==

/tpa is cheating, alright.

So what about when you need resources? Do you walk over a thousand blocks just to give someone a bunch of wheat?

Most people live a thousand blocks away, and if we will ever want to even look at their base, that will be ALMOST impossible. I’m sure survival is supposed to not have /tppos and some other things like that.

Let’s see here, /tpa is basically teleporting to other people. It doesn’t seem like survival, but it does NOT have an overpowered benefit unlike tppos where it would tp you to where ever you want.

And also pep, I don’t want to start an argument.. but don’t get triggered all the sudden just because someone asked if /sethome should be allowed. You literally replied with random crap telling a more convenient way to cheat survival, besides, this feature is still in doubt by some of the community.

Now I know you MIGHT say that is still considerably cheating, because “teleporting” is NOT Vanilla. But /tpa helps community projects and basically interacting with other people. I assume most people here have homes a thousand blocks away from spawn, if you remove tpa and you’re a thousand blocks away from spawn ALONE.. well then, it would mean that it’s just solo survival and you will NEVER interact with anyrhing else.

Unless someone has the time to make a nether tunnel system, ain’t nobody is going to walk 1000+ blocks to just interact with other players.

That’s all I have to say, leave your opinion below.

\o

Take a guess what I did? I set up a nether tunnel to my base from spawn, so that it’s reachable both for me and others. If I need clay, then I’ll have to run to the mesa biome. What’d be the worth of resources if you could just teleport to a place to get them.

Sure there’s a cactus farm at spawn. But I set up my own one. Why? Because I don’t feel like running to spawn each time I need a cactus. Sure, I could just teleport there - but that’d render the value of cactus = 0. And if nothing has any value anymore, why would I play the game then?

I personally believe That /TPA should be kept, but I don’t care if /sethome is a thing.

Pep, just because you TELEPORT into a cactus farm does NOT mean the value of cactus = 0

And most players do not have the resources. Sure, hard work is needed but /sv (and /tsv) is a community game. If I were to be seperated with everyone, it would be equal to normal survival in your own world, except it ain’t having all the lag and random chat. What is the worth of playing a community game when you’re basically alone? I personally feel /tpa is a good feature to interact.

Tunneling through the nether, sure, that might work. But do we really need such hard work to ONLY interact with the rest of the /sv or /tsv community? No.

You see, most of the community have some community projects. To be fair, most community projects and even little projects need /tpa.

/tpa is also very balanced, it does NOT give a very overpowered advantage since sv/tsv is a community game and not a solo game.

While the other things you mentioned (/tppos, /gm 1, etc.), they are examples of OVERPOWERED permissions in survival. Even for community survival it ain’t good.

Besides, /tpa only works when there is another person online

Ok here’s some examples oh how it is definitely not cheating and doesn’t affect the value if thigs:

Scenario 1 (This one has happened before, don’t say people don’t do that): A player is caving. A skeleton shoots them from behind into a lava lake, the player uses /tsv to get out.

Scenario 2 (has also happened): A player needs a resource X that is limited to a certain area. Instead of farming up shulker boxes and enderchests to transport all the items, they simply go there, fill up their inventory, and then use /back to teleport between their home and the place where to get the resources.

Scenario 3 (I guess has happened just as much): A player goes out to get resources. Once they arrive at their destination, they realise that they forgot a key item at home. So, instead of planning ahead, teleportation can be used.

And about the delivering resources: If you want to trade with people, think twice. I don’t know of a single vanilla SMP server where people are complaining about the lack of teleportation commands ruining their experience. They all have found solutions such as nether tunnels, minecarts and dedicated shop areas.

Assuming you played SP: Did you install a mod like journey map and used the waypoints to teleport around? Or would you feel like suddenly the game lost a big portion of its grindy part and isn’t as fun anymore?

How do the things mentioned above not drastically reduce the worth of resources? What’s the point of grinding for shulker boxes if you can just teleport home to get the item you forgot instead of bringing it with you in the first place?

Alright, that might be abuse-able.

But I’m sure even though it is cheating, they love it this way. I’m sure redstoner’s sv or tsv community isn’t active, and therefore no one will have the time to calculate and make a good nether tunnel system nor a minecart system.

I’m also sure that /tpa is overpowered but not overpowered enough to be considered cheating, it’s the way you use it, not the command.

Also, idk if it’s me, but Scenario 1 can only be done with trusteds, not some low ranker like I am or MOST of the sv community

Alright, that might be abuse-able.

Wrong. It is abusable. Which means, that I won’t allow access to it. If I gave everyone console access, then that might be abuse-able as well. But ya know I don’t think you’d be happy if I did, exactly because it is abuseable and therefor will be abused by someone at some point.

I’m sure redstoner’s sv or tsv community isn’t active

Nice thanks lemme just quickly take down the survival worlds, as it apparently is a waste of server resources.

I’m also sure that /tpa is overpowered but not overpowered enough to be considered cheating, it’s the way you use it, not the command.

So you’re saying everyone should be allowed to own a full-auto heavy machine gun and explosives without further consideration because it’s not the gun that’s bad, but the way you use it - and in the end not everyone is going to use it in a bad way, right?

Also, idk if it’s me, but Scenario 1 can only be done with trusteds, not some low ranker like I am or MOST of the sv community

Oh you don’t have perms to run /sv inside of survival worlds? I was really sure you had them…

20 blocks a second sounds quite nice to me
Alrighift then, if anyone decides to build a nether portal transportation then go ahead. Not sure if everyone has the motivation to do so though.