eight_bee_five

RedstonerAppeals → eight_bee_five

CLOSED

Note: This is a ban appeal for my friend, eight_bee_five

Type of ban / demotion

<permanent or temporary (should include duration)> Permanent

Ban/Demotion reason

Reason you were told or message shown when you’re disconnected from the server <e.g. “banned for griefing”> ‘spleefing’ snowbrawl

What I have done wrong

Why I should be unbanned / re-promoted

<detailed description about what we, the Redstoner staff, have done wrong when banning/demoting you including reasons> Eight_bee_five has promised to not do these mistakes again and he regretted that he ‘spleefed’ snowbrawl. It has been one year so he deserves to get unbanned

My opinion: He should get unbanned because he regretted it and it has been one year

Edit by Yummy: Escaped your underscores

Wow that’s a little much…

Well I wasn’t there when this happened, but I was there for the clean-up later and it was a bunch of stuff that was both broken and destroyed in all possible ways. As all of the players that are on this server should know, is that we do not take griefing lightly and if you do it will lead to a straight permanent ban.

I think if we were going to unban him he should have a really good reason and not just:

Eightbeefive has promised to not do these mistakes again and he regretted that he ‘spleefed’ snowbrawl. It has been one year so he deserves to get unbanned

As both I and Nemes have said, and probably more, it is a reason we give out permanent bans and that is not for them to appeal a year later and get unbanned. If that was the reason, then we would have given them a 1 year tempban.

So I have to say without looking into this case more than I allready know for myself, that I will vote to not unban him since a lot of the map(s) was broken and since it is a permanent ban, that shouldn’t be reverted just because he promises to not do it again and that he regrets it.

If he have some proof of his friend doing it or remember the name, we can look into what he did (that will say see if he said something in chat that can show that he did it) so we can punish him.

One last thing, if it was like spleef it would not been called snowbrawl (imo atleast).

I think eight_bee_five was still a new player

TL;DR: No.

I think eight_bee_five was still a new player

“Sorry mr judge, I didn’t know that destroying my neighbours property is not ok, I just moved here from another country”

That’s a joke, isn’t it? Doesn’t matter if you’re new or not, common sense is a thing and the rules are something you can read before you start doing stuff.

Also as Futsy already has pointed out, it’s called permaban. The only reason why a permaban should ever be lifted is when the cause was flawed, not because you promise not to do it again. If you shoot someone, you’re not getting away with “I’m sorry I just didn’t know shooting people was not allowed and I promise I won’t do it again”.

Thing is, eight_bee_five did NOT know what he actually did, he thought it was just a new game for spleefing.

So for this I say, he didn’t intentionally grief and should get a second chance

@GWJD Escape your bloody underscores

I won’t give a ±1 because I was not on the server when braw was and have no idea if it could be mistaken for spleef somehow, nor do I have access to console. However, if it was truly an accident, then why didn’t he appeal like a year ago. Also like the others have said perm is support to be perm, add I think there has been allot of bans appeals after ‘1 year’ recently.

Bee didnt have time to do /token (or was it /gettoken?)