Stealing Unban MattUncharted

RedstonerAppeals → Stealing Unban MattUncharted

CLOSED

Type of ban / demotion

Permanent ban

Ban/Demotion reason

Reason you were told or message shown when you’re disconnected from the server banned for stealing massive amounts of resources in survival

What I have done wrong

I have done committed a crime of stealing someone else’s belongings, which were VERY valuable. I don’t really know what else to put here. Is that detailed enough?

Why I should be unbanned / re-promoted

As it states on the rule page, “Failure to follow the rules will result in kick, demotion or (temp)ban from the server, website or both.” Hence the “(temp)ban” which is very important. I got permanently banned from the server. I broke a rule, so which I accept to get temporarily banned. (Unless I griefed, because “Griefing is NOT allowed in any way, shape or form. If you grief someone’s work it will lead to a straight permanent ban.” So yea. But, “Griefing is the act of irritating and angering people in video games through the use of destruction, construction, or social engineering.” which I didn’t destroy anything. Also, the ban doesn’t say griefing. And finally, I was aided and led in the event of stealing. TheSaltySpoon was my master and I followed him to the end. I legit was aided and led by him, yet he did not get banned. So what I’m asking is not to be unbanned, but to be temp banned for a reasonable time; I really enjoy redstone, and am okay if I get permanently banned from the survival. But having to lose my projects and everything I built, and losing a server I enjoyed playing on for learning, is just, sad. Thank you for reading my appeal, and I hope you understand.

Edit: Something that happened actually gave me a chance.

Matt does not really deserve the the ban as much as I do because really I just lightly forced him into raiding bases with me. You guys can ip ban me but at least temp ban him. He doesn’t deserve a permanent ban because he really wasn’t the mastermind for the idea. I’m not justify what he did was right, but responsibility for his actions shouldn’t be entirely placed on him. Hopefully you understand :d

So basically you both need permanent bans.

I’m with Nyx.

I also agree with Nyx. That’s because I play sv

I’m agreeing with Nyx here. Wouldn’t it be funny if an unban request actually led to someone getting banned…..

All this agrees that if someone griefs, they should get permanently banned. This is all and well until,

https://redstoner.com/forums/threads/4801-nyxify

Nyxify got banned for griefing, but temporarily, for 2 weeks.

And in the forums,

It’s only a 2 week ban. That seems more than fair for grief. Just take the time to rethink everything and come back to the server fresh/new person.

Ginhlays stated, which says 2 weeks is more than fair for grief.

You have just admitted to griefing, which is against the rules. Be glad it’s only 2 weeks.

Minemash has said this, but why does Nyxify get only 2 weeks punishment WITH “being an arse, not listening to staff” while I get a permanent ban for JUST griefing.

And don’t say just cuz nyxify is Trusted, because

Firecharge greifing,This part is irrelevant to this case This was the PRIMARY reason for this ban. Fire charge GREIFING, GREIFING are you fucking kidding me, you think the greifing is irrelevant. This would normally be a PERMANANT ban but you got a measly 2 weeks. Wow, just wow. Everything else is irrelevant. You have been an ass recently (more than recently) I’m sure most other staff would agree, but you being Trusted has made this excusable, until now when you put fire charges in a dispenser, and turned on a nearby clock, on somebody else’s plot I might add, a plot you aren’t even added to. Then you DENIED having put the charges in the dispenser, how is this at all irrelevent

Doomblah clearly says that they think this punishment is very weak compare to what it should be, so Trusted doesn’t give you any more protection than member.

My final statement: Ban is justified because of the grief; and the “Being an Arse” was a joke, I didn’t mean for it to actually be in the ban message. I like how you are at least trying to change your attitude in a positive way, but that’s not going to stop a ban from one of the strictest rules we have

This is one of the strictest rules we have, which somehow was averted and was given a temp ban. This proves it could be done.

All I ask is to be temporary banned for a reasonable time. I don’t need to be unbanned immediately, but please give this one some thought.

TheSaltySpoon was my master and I followed him to the end. I legit was aided and led by him, yet he did not get banned. This doesn’t really explain anything. Mind elaborating?

So I got perm banned but thesaltyspoon got to run free, when he really did most of the stealing, though that’s not the point. The point is I am the only one punished. If he does not deserve to be published then why must I be punished?

Is it possible to be banned from survival but not the redstone? Or is it my responsibility to not do anything stupid? Because if I stole something from someone, I should be punished, but aren’t there a lot worse of things you can do? So wouldn’t let’s say a 60 day ban be sufficient? Banning people permanently, doesn’t really teach them, because they don’t get a second chance. Or I’m just stupid, and as you said above, it is my responsibility.

@TheSaltySpoon

Sorry, but maybe he should know about this and explain himself.

Stealing is just a permaban. If u know its not allowed then dont (-1)

Wait, builders can vote?

Since when cant we.. even members could

Since when cant we.. even members could

Oh. Didnt know, I am stilllearning bout this server

Also, if I can’t do anything rn to get unbanned since things don’t look to good for me, can I appeAL in let’s say 1 year, and maybe that’s enough time to get banned? Or if I can’t do anything now, I can’t do anything ever. Because I was look ing through the appeals and some people got unbanned because you guys agreed he was punis he’d long enough. So if I can’t get unbanned, just tell me.

I don’t think it works that way anymore… Permanent bans are permanent bans.

Also, the way you get banned is if someone either catches you in the act, or if the logblock says what you stole. It probably was the latter, and only your name comes up.

Also, the way you get banned is if someone either catches you in the act, or if the logblock says what you stole. It probably was the latter, and only your name comes up.

Ok, I guess I’m banned. But how does the logblock work? Is it whoever has the stuff? Or who has opened chest? Because I opened some chests, but TheSaltySpoon opened more chests, But gave me more stuff, So I had the loot. Just wondering, and TheSaltySpoon getting banned doesn’t matter anyways because he started hacking cuz I got banned. Just wondering. Thx

Logblock will take note of all modifications. Opening chests doesn’t matter, it’s about who takes it out. So if the ban was issued depending on logblock, it can’t be issued falsely except a few circumstances which you didn’t describe so I’m not gonna describe them.

I would like @TheSaltySpoon to respond to this before any actual decision gets made.

Logblock will take note of all modifications. Opening chests doesn’t matter, it’s about who takes it out. So if the ban was issued depending on logblock, it can’t be issued falsely except a few circumstances which you didn’t describe so I’m not gonna describe them.

I would like @TheSaltySpoon to respond to this before any actual decision gets made.

Cool, I’ll try to get him to respond. But does it really matter? Even if he stole the stuff, it doesn’t look so good for me. So if I get him, is there a chance to get me unbanned? Thx

Okay let me debunk the main part in this

Failure to follow the rules will result in kick, demotion or (temp)ban from the server, website or both." Hence the “(temp)ban

You do know that parentheses mean it may be there. For example “Bring cup(s)” the s my or may not be needed. Do it can either mean “cup” or “cups”. Therefore “(temp)ban” can either mean “ban” or “tempban”.

Okay let me debunk the main part in this

Failure to follow the rules will result in kick, demotion or (temp)ban from the server, website or both." Hence the “(temp)ban You do know that parentheses mean it may be there. For example “Bring cup(s)” the s my or may not be needed. Do it can either mean “cup” or “cups”. Therefore “(temp)ban” can either mean “ban” or “tempban”.

Oh cool thx. Thought it meant *In case you don’t know, the ban is temp

Even if someone “leads” it, you have a mind of your own, and should have been smarter. No unban from me.

There is one clear rule violation that is apparent, though;

Use your brain and common sense.

• This rule makes most (if not all) of the following rules obsolete, a lack of knowledge of the rules does not exclude you from this rule.

• Even if it’s not in the rules, you can still be punished for an action if deemed inappropriate by a moderator.

• If it doesn’t make sense for it to be allowed, then it’s probably not and you shouldn’t do it.

Matt does not really deserve the the ban as much as I do because really I just lightly forced him into raiding bases with me. You guys can ip ban me but at least temp ban him. He doesn’t deserve a permanent ban because he really wasn’t the mastermind for the idea. I’m not justify what he did was right, but responsibility for his actions shouldn’t be entirely placed on him.

Hopefully you understand :d

I cri. Lmao I don’t know why but the way u said that is hilarious

I also agree with Nyx. That’s because I play sv.

I’m agreeing with Nyx here.

Wouldn’t it be funny if an unban request actually led to someone getting banned…..

See, the thing is, TheSaltySpoon was also banned for stealing when someone reported missing things to me. You can guess who it was (If you can’t, it was TheSaltySpoon). It was valuables (enchanted gear), and another permanent ban was issued.

See, the thing is, TheSaltySpoon was also banned for stealing when someone reported missing things to me. You can guess who it was (If you can’t, it was TheSaltySpoon). It was valuables (enchanted gear), and another permanent ban was issued.

What does that mean?

He ďid the same thing as you and got a permban aswell

Aka your most likely not going to get unbanned

Something that happened actually gave me a chance.

Matt does not really deserve the the ban as much as I do because really I just lightly forced him into raiding bases with me. You guys can ip ban me but at least temp ban him. He doesn’t deserve a permanent ban because he really wasn’t the mastermind for the idea. I’m not justify what he did was right, but responsibility for his actions shouldn’t be entirely placed on him.

Hopefully you understand :d

I’m with Nyx.

I also agree with Nyx. That’s because I play sv

I’m agreeing with Nyx here. Wouldn’t it be funny if an unban request actually led to someone getting banned…..

All this agrees that if someone griefs, they should get permanently banned. This is all and well until,

https://redstoner.com/forums/threads/4801-nyxify

Nyxify got banned for griefing, but temporarily, for 2 weeks.

And in the forums,

It’s only a 2 week ban. That seems more than fair for grief. Just take the time to rethink everything and come back to the server fresh/new person.

Ginhlays stated, which says 2 weeks is more than fair for grief.

You have just admitted to griefing, which is against the rules. Be glad it’s only 2 weeks.

Minemash has said this, but why does Nyxify get only 2 weeks punishment WITH “being an arse, not listening to staff” while I get a permanent ban for JUST griefing.

And don’t say just cuz nyxify is Trusted, because

Firecharge greifing,This part is irrelevant to this case This was the PRIMARY reason for this ban. Fire charge GREIFING, GREIFING are you fucking kidding me, you think the greifing is irrelevant. This would normally be a PERMANANT ban but you got a measly 2 weeks. Wow, just wow. Everything else is irrelevant. You have been an ass recently (more than recently) I’m sure most other staff would agree, but you being Trusted has made this excusable, until now when you put fire charges in a dispenser, and turned on a nearby clock, on somebody else’s plot I might add, a plot you aren’t even added to. Then you DENIED having put the charges in the dispenser, how is this at all irrelevent

Doomblah clearly says that they think this punishment is very weak compare to what it should be, so Trusted doesn’t give you any more protection than member.

My final statement: Ban is justified because of the grief; and the “Being an Arse” was a joke, I didn’t mean for it to actually be in the ban message. I like how you are at least trying to change your attitude in a positive way, but that’s not going to stop a ban from one of the strictest rules we have

This is one of the strictest rules we have, which somehow was averted and was given a temp ban. This proves it could be done.

All I ask is to be temporary banned for a reasonable time. I don’t need to be unbanned immediately, but please give this one some thought.

I mean, we have new griefing guidelines, which states for a first offence of something like [a level 2 grief], which calls for 2 week-2 month ban. The “final” version was “finished” this week, and this was the first griefing related ban, sense it. Was there any rank bias? It might of, but if so, not enough to change to a perm ban. As this appeal was created before this, and thus under stricter​ rule, you still should be punished more than the newer guidelines says. As this isn’t closed, I change my vote to keep you perm ban to 3 months.
I hope you can understand what I just said, if not, I’ll rewrite it tomorrow.

I mean, we have new griefing guidelines, which states for a first offence of something like [a level 2 grief], which calls for 2 week-2 month ban. The “final” version was “finished” this week, and this was the first griefing related ban, sense it. Was there any rank bias? It might of, but if so, not enough to change to a perm ban. As this appeal was created before this, and thus under stricter​ rule, you still should be punished more than the newer guidelines says. As this isn’t closed, I change my vote to keep you perm ban to 3 months.

Didn’t know about the new guidelines rule thing, but thank you so much

Edit: understood it

understood it

Thank God, my grammar was terrible.

Thank God, my grammar was terrible.

Lol it wasn’t that bad.

So… is anyone else gonna respond?

This shouls be closed by now right?

This shouls be closed by now right?

Lol, ikr but I think people have to say their say after my new arguement? Or something?

@minenash I know this is closed, but I don’t know how to private message on forums. So, how many votes do I need to get temp ban, can I appeal again? If so, how long do I have to wait?
U wont ever be unbanned. Sorry also private messaging doesnt exist on this site :P (atleast i dont think you’ll evet be unbanned btw)

There is no private msging (looks at yummy) You can not re-apeal You don’t need an amount of votes, you need the majority to agree, while a leads opinion counts more.

I’m going to lock this thread, but will tell you, if anything changes.

This thread is locked.