BrubriRedstone & BurgerLover1 - The Fastest 363 Blocks 5x5 Piston Door!

RedstonerBuilding → BrubriRedstone & BurgerLover1 - The Fastest 363 Blocks 5x5 Piston Door!

SHOWCASE

So, me and @BurgerLover1 decided to make something cool. Inspirated by the one made by @SpaceWalkerRS, we decided to make an extremely small and fast 5x5 piston door without the use of slimeblocks. So, we came up with this.

#High speed.

The main goal of this door was to make it ^very fast… So, we managed to make every part of the door working at the fastest possible speed and in the best possible way. That means that the whole door (bottom, sides and top) is completely in-sync. We have used the same layout made by @SpaceWalkerRS, except from the top, where we adopted a new layout, a lot easier and faster :)

Also, we managed to use another type of double piston extender at the bottom. We used torches to power the lower piston of the dpe, that, in our case, resulted a lot easier and, of course, faster!

#Additional details.

• Opening speed: 3 seconds.
  • Closing speed: 2 seconds.
  • Dimensions ^(if the title isn’t enough): 11x3x11 = 363 Blocks of volume.
  • It isn’t locational neither directional (thanks to Burger for the test)
  • Every circuit works independently from each other (excluding the top, which needs 2 inputs from the sides circuit)
  • The repeater delay is the same in both opening and closing (19 ticks to be precise) but actually ^(as I stated before) the closing is faster than the opening
  • It swaps the middle blocks in the first two rows of the door everytime :/

#Where You can find it:

• My plot: In the 4th row of builds, the 4th build from the left;
  • Burger’s plot: At the left of the entrance, the second build.

#Special thanks to:

• @BurgerLover1, for collaborating with me on this beauty, thanks bud ;)
  • @SpaceWalkerRS, for giving us the main inspiration behind this door + the door’s sides concept, from which we “took inspirationxD Nah seriously, thank you :)

Thank you for reading. Have a good day! :)

That’s really cool! I kind of feel obligated now to make my top faster :P The bottom is a few tenths faster as well, it seems. The sides have a little spasm at the end of the opening though, which may make it directional or locational. It could be easily fixed by activating the outermost pilar a tick earlier :] But great job on the door, I really like it!
Not locational neither directional (i already tested it)

@SpaceWalkerRS that “spasm” is because we didn’t want to copy the whole side by you (if you look carefully, the bottom area of the sides is different). Anyways thanks for your feedback :)

@BurgerLover1 added in the additional details ;)

Nice! I like how compact it is.

What are the shaders btw?

Chocapic13 V6 medium :)
QUICK UPDATE!: Now you can find the door in my 1st plot too! I added the directions into the thread! :D