Chat and behaviour issues w/ CKcraft900

RedstonerBlames → Chat and behaviour issues w/ CKcraft900

SOLVED

Description/Situation

I was busy building redstone when another spam wave started in chat. I tend to ignore them, but this time it got my attention. APThree and CKCraft were spamming (sometimes in caps even) “ITS MINEEE! BUT IT’S MINEEE” which, multiplied by 20, was kind of annoying. I told them to stop, explaining they were being annoying, but they said I had no sense of humour, so they continued. Then Jonny, who had been quiet, asked them to stop as well. AP and CK told us we “had to get out of a rock and laugh a bit, since that was from Lazy Town and wasnt meant as spam”. We told them that it definitely was spam, and it was making us annoyed. APThree kind of stopped there, but CKCraft continued arguing with us (senselessly). He said that we were mods and were abbusing him, he said that it was from Lazy Town so it wasnt bad,… We told him we didn’t care about it being Lazy Town, so then he replied saying that “if we didnt care, why were we asking him to stop”, which shows his lack of thinking. Then he decided to tell us reasons why mods would support him instead of us, and we told him that if he wanted, we could get a mod to join the server. For some reason, he asked why Jonny had retired from mod, and when Jonny said it was personal, CK kept pushing and saying he wasnt telling him answers, all were “examples” (again, lack of thinking). In the end, he decided to say sorry because we told him to, because I’m sure that he wouldn’t have stopped otherwise.

Failed attempts

Both me and Jonny told him to stop, explaining that he was being annoying and spamming was bannable, he was just being lucky that no mods were on. He didn’t really react until we told him that mods had the chat log, and that he would get banned for it. He just said sorry after 15 minutes of us insisting. I talked with a few trusted and even mods, and they all recommended me to start a thread.

Time

It happened yesterday morning (2017-05-20 at around 12:00 GMT+1. I’m sorry I’m too lazy to convert that :(

Proof

I couldnt take a screenshot of everything, but I guess you can check the chat log if needed. [http://imgur.com/a/2TCRn]

[Edit by pep]: Ban extended to 1w for both of them, as well as a 3d ban for anya03

+1 for banning both.

+1 for banning both.

But I’d still love to hear the “APThree and i will explain the situation”

@APthree (@)CKcraft900^(no website account oops)

If i’m honest i’d like to add on to apthree. He has offended me multiple times with “braindead spaz” and other stuff. I wanted to make a blame over him aswell but i guess its not needed now

As far as I know @APthree has some other things on his list of blames (correct me if I’m wrong)

They continued after all those warnings, they probably knew it was annoying everyone, yet they did it anyways?

tempbanned for one day each. solved
Allright, let me explain this. So, APThree and I were messing around, and I say That’s mine. He says it again. We continue this for a while until one of the mods comes up to me and threatens me. I just say cant you take a joke, and they get mad. They started to argue with me, and then one of them says that I can be banned if I continue. After countless trys of explaining, they refuse to listen. I end up saying I will explain, then my father tells me to go to bed. Now, today I was just banned, and it was for a day. Now, what confuses me is the way the guy acts. He claims he was a retired staff member, and how he has the contacts to the admins and he says he could get me banned. He keeps on saying this. Now, about the annoying part. We thought others would get it, but appearently everyone here lives under a rock. If you do not understand what we were doing, WATCH THIS VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dTh3iI0is8 . We were not trying to make anyone mad, we just wanted a laugh. One of them told us to msg, and we stopped. APThree and I started talking. He said he didn’t want to deal with this anymore, so I said in chat: I don’t want to deal with this anymore, in all caps meaning stop. Then I say to drop it, and we did. Now, I’m banned, even though I stopped! This is really unfair, as we were just joking around! Are you really telling me that we cant joke?! Watch the video, and listen to the song, then search up Behind the meme lazytown, before judging right away. CKcraft900, OUT.
you want the full log? Ill give it to you. https://pastebin.com/0ZG1ZwNA
@CKcraft900 You spammed, you got banned, that’s the fucking rules. Also, it’s only 1 day, you can wait it out.

I’ve read the logs and I must say you’re right. A one day tempban is unfair and inappropriate.

Inappropriate because according to the logs you provided you found an exploit allowing to grief other peoples plots, which you proceeded to abuse it and tell people about it instead of reporting it and keeping it undisclosed as any exploitable bug should be treated.

Unfair because others have gotten way harsher punishments for grief, excessive spam and caps than a one day tban.

I am hereby proposing to extend the ban to ONE WEEK total time (so you are already through with a day lol) due to minor grief, spam, caps abuse and disclosing exploitable bugs without reporting them.

And about your “we were not trying to annoy anyone” let’s say I’m running around in public with a bb gun where I removed the orange tip. Police then arrests me even though I didn’t mean to scare anyone, I just shot people with it for fun - I mean I found it funny afterall, right? You breaking a rule for whatever reason is still you breaking a rule and in 99.9% of all cases you can’t provide good enough reasons to get away with it. And who’d have thought, this is NOT the .1% that get away with it.

I agree with @Pepich1851 and I also think it might not be a great idea to spam appeal posts, and I recommend you push your Caps-Lock key.
@Pepich1851 @PJ @Arminecraft @CookieRedstone if anything I did a favour for you guys! Crops are easy to fix, so what is the problem?
I do not understand what you mean, isn’t your ban over yet anyways?

Just because something is supposedly easy to fix doesn’t mean it’s ok to do. I managed to fix a plot that was half destroyed and flooded with lava and water in about 2 minutes. So what - does that make it ok to grief the plot? No.

“If anything you did a favor for us” - ehrm excuse me? You did us a favor by not reporting an exploitable bug but instead abusing it to grief? Sorry but I don’t understand the logic you applied there.

Your ban has been extended to one week. Deal with it.

This thread is locked.