survival dying

ArchivesProblems & bugs → survival dying

SOLVED

when u go from creative to survival u will sufficate in the ground sometimes ur able to jump out but sometime u will die(or use /sv) but with that u lose ur base location. Its really anoying please fix this problem

-Rick

This issue has been around for a while now, not one hundred percent sure what causes it.

Two possibilities. Either Multiverse and Essentials are conflicting, or the current (and previous) versions of spigot and bukkit introduced the issue.

I’ll look into it, see if I can find the cause.

@Mothership_Q I believe this issue is due to Multiverse teleporting the player into the world and load the terrain after that event.

I believe this issue is due to Multiverse teleporting the player into the world and load the terrain after that event.

That is fairly likely

Unrelated. I did a little testing yesterday.

When moving from a world to sv, you spawn exactly two blocks below your original position as long as there is a valid block to place you on.

It would appear that your distance from world spawn has an affect on this too, players who are close to spawn do not get moved.

@Mothership_Q wouldn’t that be spawn chunks then because they are always loaded?

@Mothership_Q wouldn’t that be spawn chunks then because they are always loaded?

Yes. Of course being close to spawn, as long as the spawn chunks are in range there’s less to load, which will mean theres a smaller effect on the player, distance from the server is another likely factor I think.