Redstoner music channel

Off topicOther → Redstoner music channel

I know many people here are amateur music producers (unless you’re professional, then you’re professional), so I was thinking of making a monstercat or dubstep gutter type of deal where people can post their own songs on a collective channel, so listeners can have great (or terrible in my case) music all in one place

Granted, we won’t have the quality of pegboard nerds etc, but this would a fun thing to work on

Setting up: Since we don’t have too many people who will join (idk), we assign visualizer colors based on artist (I reserve medium light blue), and everyone’s welcome to participate

If you wish to participate, please send this to cremortauge (at] gmail [dot} com

1. name (mc and YouTube/producer alias)
  2. color
  3. a song that you made yourself (MP3 or link)

Example:

1. C2L, CremorTauge
  2. medium light blue
  3. SoundCloud.com/CremorTauge-expressionistic_naturistic

Note: not for profit (no ads) and I won’t judge on the skill level, although please don’t send you playing Mary had a little lamb

If we get at least 10 people to submit, cough @cardboardmusic @Sidney @innosteve @J8N @DatWuffy @AtriusX @whoever the hell else makes music lol then I’ll make this happen somehow

LogalEdit: Made the email address less readable to bots to prevent spam.

I’ll send 2 tracks, they’re exported and compressed to mp3 on garageband so not great quality. I tried exporting without compression but that failed and the bass broke and exploded my ears off.

I have them on my soundcloud

You kind of challenged me to do a “mary had a little lamb” cover with this, you do realize this? I’ll see if I can get my hands on a synthesizer and once I do then you’re in for a treat :P
Mary - Had a Little Lamb (DJ Pepe Re-work)
Hey if you can make it sound interesting and at least 1-2 minutes long, I’ll post it :) Also, screw emailing me, just put the application here idk
  1. J8N, Joseff Nic
  2. Lime or Sunset Orange
  3. Soundcloud links

https://soundcloud.com/joseffn/tgau1 https://soundcloud.com/joseffn/joseff-n-2-tgau

note: i slowed down the “TGAU2” and i think it sounds much nicer and chilled

why though @yop_tropix?
she knows her music is shite
better than mine :l

I have a question.

How do I make music? I can make simple tunes suitable for a piano, but that’s where my knowledge of music production ends.

1 of these threads again?…
also doesn’t have redstoner have a dubtrack (or like three lol) and wouldn’t it be nice to revive that?

@nyx i like c2l’s idea @tsskyx uhh i made mine with the schools garageband lol All you need to do is buy good music production software (not garageband) such as Cubase (Madison Mars told me he uses this) or Ableton. They can be pretty expensive. Then you can get a keyboard that might connect via usb, aux or some other way with adapter. Keyboard isn’t necessary as some software let you use your pc keyboard as notes but its harder and more awkward. Uhh yeah you can figure out the software for yourself, i taught myself with garageband, if you want youll be able to find tutorials for popular software easily.

@BurgerLover1 uhh pointless comment imo (necropost? Idfk)

@Tsskyx i make mine with anvil studio, it’s free and pretty powerful, but it’s freemium, I’ll tell you the ways around that though when you need it
Also @Pepich1851 Hard style remix of Mary had a little lamb? (Or trap?) just a thought
hardstyle lololololol
hardstyle/hardcore/hard dance = no no
Nyx but those are the best genres!
we’ve been over this…

Wait you’re all using some virtual synths? And I’m here trying to get an actual synthesizer which I would then use to playback each line and then overlay them ._.

You shitty cheaters with your midi files that you feed into awfully sounding virtual synths!

Also, @Pepich1851 make it something mainstream like c2l said (trap) or something epic lol.
I had to play a Chopin song in my piano last year, it was torture Also @Pepich1851 i have a custom sound font with better leads (although haven’t found too many good bass sound fonts)
@C2Lunatic how do I add instruments to anvil?

@J8N, look on their website, some synths require sound fonts (sf2 files), but I do recommend sosnowski because it’s no hassle to set up, although the free version does have limits

Also, use soremi(I think), to convert the midi to MP3, it’s pretty versatile, and it’s free and online

If you have any more questions, I’ll set up a something idk

Also, apparently we only have two (maybe three @Pepich1851?) composers, oh well

@C2Lunatic do i need to buy the Pro-Mixer accessory, i still don’t fully understand how to do this? Could you make an in-depth step-by-step instruction list? xD
lol, you don’t need to buy anything what are you trying to do? @J8N (also I hear reaper is free, but idfk how to use it :o)
I would post something if I didn’t have terrible sound software. Maybe I could compose something for just the instruments I can play then record it.
@Shroomyjoe , anvil studio is great and free Also, if you have an actual midi instrument, you could try reaper If you do want to post any songs, send it my way with the name
I just use Sibelius currently, but it has crappy sound effects. I figured out if you export it as a MIDI, and load it in Garageband the brass instruments sound way better, so if I play the Sibelius and Garageband sounds at the same time it kind of works. low budget composing ftw