mattiamarziali22

RedstonerAppeals → mattiamarziali22

CLOSED

Type of ban / demotion

Permanent

Ban/Demotion reason

I used a crash item

What I have done wrong

I have used a crash item on a mod, tough i did tell him it was going to crash his game.

Why I should be unbanned / re-promoted

I did tell him, and i did it on testing purposes only, i didnt mean any harm.

1.) I’m an admin - not mod. 2.) May I test something on you? Yes. I go afk - Come back to being crashed. 3.) I only had to delete the entirety of inventory data to fix it, lucky you I wasn’t on my main.

Rule 1: If it doesn’t make sense to be allowed it probably isn’t.

Why would crashing people be a thing that is allowed?

I’ll provide the exact logs of what happened once I got access to my computer again.

Sorry, I didn’t realise you were AFK. And i know it was not allowed, I wanted to see if it worked

I used a crash item

i didnt mean any harm.

And i know it was not allowed

Those things all kind of contradict each other and also make me believe you exactly knew you were going to get banned for it - but did it anyway.

Also the fact that was AFK does not matter that much it just led to the fact I didn’t see your message. You could’ve avoided that if instead of asking “may I test something” you simply asked “May I crash you and corrupt your inventory data”.

I did tell you: ‘Spoiler alert: It will crash your game’

You could at least show some good will and tell me where the corrupted piece of data is exactly instead of letting me search for it and habing to delete literally everything. But apparently you don’t want that to happen.

Spoiler alert: That’s not getting you unbanned.

To fix it set the console to clear your inv when you join. Thats the fix. And that’s what i was trying to tell you before banning 3 accounts and my ip address. The multiple chests are the problem, you can fix it to run /clear when you join
@mattiamarziali22 I’m pretty sure Pep WROTE the clearonjoin module… and if not, he definitely knows about it.

Oh I only did that twice, cleared the inventory on join by hand multiple times, deleted all multiverse related files and it didn’t help.

Also idk if you listened to me but I said that “mv doesn’t serialize it properly” to which you answered that I wouldn’t have to worry -> maybe now you see why I worried about mv not doing it properly. But you told me not to worry, so you know the solution, right?

It did work on me, I used it on myself, and Logal managed to clear my inventory and let me in. He did it somehow clear my inv. Try deleting from the /playerdata your UUID

Hrm…

Which UUID do you mean exactly?

Also we’re getting off topic here…

Fun fact: Yes I did fix it already but as I said it only required me to delte ALL data about that user. You can be happy that it didn’t happen to my main because restoring the data of it would’ve been a pain in the ass :)

Fun fact two: I got backups of everything. Restoring it is a manner of two commands lmao

Does that mean I’m getting unbanned?

I used a crash item i didnt mean any harm. And i know it was not allowed

To which I responded:

Those things all kind of contradict each other and also make me believe you exactly knew you were going to get banned for it - but did it anyway.
Also the fact that was AFK does not matter that much it just led to the fact I didn’t see your message. You could’ve avoided that if instead of asking “may I test something” you simply asked “May I crash you and corrupt your inventory data”.

All in all, that is looking very no-like. I’d like some more responses from staff about this though.

I think he shouldn’t be unbanned reasons are given by pep.
But it is still my first breaking of the rules. Also, i have a few contraptions i really dont want to loose
Anyone around here? Could i get unbanned please? Its a fun server and i dont want to loose my contraptions

Sorry for being off-topic.

But about the ‘builds’ you made here, I’m sure schematics are enough. Therefore you don’t lose your builds.

About the crash item, it really is common sense not to share them UNLESS you use your OWN alt.. which is still prohibited but whatever.

+1 Pep

But still, It’s my first rule breaking, maybe a tempban?

From the rules page:

New players, we know these are a lot of rules and it might take you a while to fully understand them, but please take the time to learn at least the basics, as a lack of knowledge about the rules will not excuse you from breaking them.

Whether it’s your first or second, mods won’t care, and no, not even once.

Though I mean, Dico is full of mercy lol

+1 Cookie

So that means im not getting unbanned am I?
You tried this shit on me too. You clearly know what you were doing

Also (sorry this is on a closed appeal, I’m a little late) matt made the server lag on demand before this happened, I never got time to file a blame but I find it slightly relevant here.

He claimed he used the Wurst client to drop the tps down to 17 or so earlier in the day

LogalEdit: Thanks nyx. That is helpful. 👍